SPURS v MOSCOW ...battle for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

oh and the Wembley curse, it's not home etc etc. Of course it isn't home it's not whl. Yet we really had no choice did we. Wherever we played was not going to be home.
Also next season we will not be at home and playing in a ground that doesn't feel like home.
These cunts state the obvious.
Where were we supposed to play?
I also hate the comparison with Woolwich as they didn't really have to play their CL games away from Highbury . They had a 38k capacity and just wanted more.
More games in the EL to get us
It's hard not to though when you have to speak over a game for 90 minutes.
i know. I just get tired of hearing the younger pundits trotting out the same tired old shit that Motty & co were spouting 25 years ago.

They should take a leaf out of the late great Richie Benaud's book

Less is sometimes better

But not just football

Boxing (Jim Watt) and Rugby League (Eddie n Stevo) also suffer badly from gobby commentators!

Wish there was a facility to just hear the crowd

oh and the Wembley curse, it's not home etc etc. Of course it isn't home it's not whl. Yet we really had no choice did we. Wherever we played was not going to be home.
Also next season we will not be at home and playing in a ground that doesn't feel like home.
These cunts state the obvious.
Where were we supposed to play?
I also hate the comparison with Woolwich as they didn't really have to play their CL games away from Highbury . They had a 38k capacity and just wanted more.
WTF are you expecting from these people? They aren't hiring Oscar Wilde or John Gielgud to entertain us with thrilling insights or witty banter. Monaco and Leverkusen both did what they needed to do, which was to score and stop us - and when they scored they went through us like a knife through butter - which we failed to do. Hardly surprising that an ex pro is going to choose words like he did. Being irritated because he's ex Spurs and didn't say anything Spurs friendly makes as much sense as being surprised when Gary Neville rips Manure up for their failings. Their new job doesn't involve wearing their ex team shirt.

They should take a leaf out of the late great Richie Benaud's book

Less is sometimes better

But not just football

Boxing (Jim Watt) and Rugby League (Eddie n Stevo) also suffer badly from gobby commentators!

Wish there was a facility to just hear the crowd

I had a stream that was just crowd noise once. Actually much preferred it, you got so much more of the atmosphere

I had a stream that was just crowd noise once. Actually much preferred it, you got so much more of the atmosphere
Sky had the option for a while. Always used it As soon as the studio handed us over to "your match day commentators Andy Gray & Martin Tyler". Not had Sky for ages. Don't they still have it?

WTF are you expecting from these people? They aren't hiring Oscar Wilde or John Gielgud to entertain us with thrilling insights or witty banter. Monaco and Leverkusen both did what they needed to do, which was to score and stop us - and when they scored they went through us like a knife through butter - which we failed to do. Hardly surprising that an ex pro is going to choose words like he did. Being irritated because he's ex Spurs and didn't say anything Spurs friendly makes as much sense as being surprised when Gary Neville rips Manure up for their failings. Their new job doesn't involve wearing their ex team shirt.
Didn't expect him to say Spurs friendly stuff. I just don't see how you can call 2 shots on target and 7 in all for Monaco and 2 on target 11 in all Leverkusen carving us apart at will at Wembley. We played shit v Leverkusen I was there but we did as much as them just never took the chance.
Same with Monaco. We had more of the ball and did more offensily than them yet squandered our chances. Then we made stupid errors/ lost concentration and they scored with th chances they got. That's they way I saw it from where I was.
Did CSKA carve us apart?
They had one chance and scored it after we had a few decent ones to do so.
I expect them to be objective beucase no matter where we had played it wouldn't have been fucking home either. Stop going on about a curse that they made up for 3/4 of the 90 minutes.
Maybe talk about the football. We didn't play as good as we good have, which in my view was more to do with nerves as we started both games nervously, with silly mistakes around the box, and slowly. We also were not as clinical as the other teams in front of goal.

Last edited:
Didn't expect him to say Spurs friendly stuff. I just don't see how you can call 2 shots on target and 7 in all for Monaco and 2 on target 11 in all Leverkusen carving us apart at will at Wembley. We played shit v Leverkusen I was there but we did as much as them just never took the chance.
Same with Monaco. We had more of the ball and did more offensily than them yet squandered our chances. Then we made stupid errors/ lost concentration and they scored with th chances they got. That's they way I saw it from where I was.
Did CSKA carve us apart?
I expect them to be objective beucase no matter where we had played it wouldn't have been fucking home either. Stop going on about a curse that they made up for 3/4 of the 90 minutes.
Maybe talk about the football. We didn't play as good as we good have, which in my view was more to do with nerves as we started both games nervously, with silly mistakes around the box, and slowly. We also were not as clinical as the other teams in front of goal.
- I
Did CSKA carve us apart?
I had no real issues with what you had to say, just your expectancy that you would get something of merit from a Spurs perspective from someone who is desperate to show impartiality. We have always been a tough defence under Poch but without Toby have a fuck up in the locker somewhere.

You make sound points.

- I

I had no real issues with what you had to say, just your expectancy that you would get something of merit from a Spurs perspective from someone who is desperate to show impartiality. We have always been a tough defence under Poch but without Toby have a fuck up in the locker somewhere.

You make sound points.
I didn't expect him to give me something from a spurs perspective. I don't expect it from Hoddle or lineker either.
Yet I feel for ex pros they come out with some crap, complete with shitty sound bites made up by some arsehole and repeated until it seems fact. They say stuff just to fit the narrative. They could be far more constructive and give some actual insiight from their experience.
They are becoming like politicians.
Unlike Wright, Merson, Keown or Dixon would do I don't expect Spurs bias from any of the pundits that are ex Spurs.
If Roberts was a pundit I would expect it from him though.
I also just noticed Lineker showed his professionalism by Fastly reading the LCFC result and then saying ' they had the second string team out I'd like to point out'
Yet when we played with 1 of out first choice back 4, like LCFC , in a must win game in Monaco it's hardly mentioned as a possible football reason .

Sky had the option for a while. Always used it As soon as the studio handed us over to "your match day commentators Andy Gray & Martin Tyler". Not had Sky for ages. Don't they still have it?
Sadly not. I always opted for the no commentary option, I can watch a match without someone telling me which player has just received the ball. Same goes for the pre and post match analysis, I am not interested in what idiots like Henry or redknapp think of our performances good or bad.

Sadly not. I always opted for the no commentary option, I can watch a match without someone telling me which player has just received the ball. Same goes for the pre and post match analysis, I am not interested in what idiots like Henry or redknapp think of our performances good or bad.
What a shame. I'd imagine in this era of 4K TV etc, it would look & sound fantastic to have the match with just the crowd noise as an option during the game.

Or what the commentators say what a certain player is actually thinking

Just wish that facility was still there or they'd shut the fuck up!

We don't need it for Spurs games anyway as we have Totti!!
:kaneshh:

Do BT have it?

I don't need a commentator when I watch a match live, so why would I need commentary watching it on the box? I have noticed that people who never go to a game spout the same crap they hear on TV, as they don't have their own opinion.

Back
Top Bottom