Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“I don’t believe that [fatigue is the problem]. I only believe the situation of the team is more collective than that."
Poch

But knock yourself out Multi, clearly you´ve been at training more than the manager

Nothing to do with over training and the lack of break leading to injury and fatigue?
I thought Liverpool were mugs and we'd bowl them over

We were utter shit. Ive outlined why I think so.

I questioned Eriksen long before the Liverpool game. Everyone said he was world class....

Last edited:
“I don’t believe that [fatigue is the problem]. I only believe the situation of the team is more collective than that."
Poch

But knock yourself out Multi, clearly you´ve been at training more than the manager
He's hardly going to say, "yeah, I've fucked up royally and worn all the players out, my bad".
My other prediction came true too: we made 100 pages. I'm going to start calling myself the Oracle

He's hardly going to say, "yeah, I've fucked up royally and worn all the players out, my bad".

He didnt need to, it wasnt him that picked 9 players to go to the world cup.

He could have said we were very poor, but my players are fatigued.
If he had said that, you would have taken his word as gold. He says the opposite, and of course, thats still proof in your favour....how predictable.

You must think we will be 12th by January then....how will we possibly get fitter, if thats all our problem is.

He didnt need to, it wasnt him that picked 9 players to go to the world cup.

He could have said we were very poor, but my players are fatigued.
If he had said that, you would have taken his word as gold. He says the opposite, and of course, thats still proof in your favour....how predictable.

You must think we will be 12th by January then....how will we possibly get fitter, if thats all our problem is.
When someone says something which favours them, it is wise to be cautious. When someone says something which denigrates themself, you don't have to be quite so suspicious. That is a simple law of human nature.
I expect us to do worse than last year. Do you expect us to do better?

Last edited:
When someone says something which favours them, it is wise to be cautious. When someone says something which denigrates themself, you don't have to be quite so suspicious. That is a simple law of human nature.
I expect us to do worse than last year. Do you expect us to do better?

I expect the same as I have done for a few years now. Comfortably top 4, a serious go at the cups, and to push the champions as far as we can for as long as we can.

I think we will do better this season yes. I have said why...I feel we are stronger, with players that will come to form that didnt feature must last year, Winks, Lamela, Wanyama.
Also players like Son to return, Moura looking superb, and Dele looking better than he did a year ago.

You can complain about fatigue, thats fine, I think we have had one shit game, two bad results, and we will pick it up and improve, from Kane to Eriksen to Dier.
You may see them getting more fatigued, and performing worse, until we slide down the table and sit mid table at Christmas, and the whole season is doomed.

Good luck, Im off home from work soon, and cant wait to see Spurs in the CL at the San Siro.

If we look tired and get spanked, congrats in advance for tomorrow, you will have a field day I guess.

I expect the same as I have done for a few years now. Comfortably top 4, a serious go at the cups, and to push the champions as far as we can for as long as we can.

I think we will do better this season yes. I have said why...I feel we are stronger, with players that will come to form that didnt feature must last year, Winks, Lamela, Wanyama.
Also players like Son to return, Moura looking superb, and Dele looking better than he did a year ago.

You can complain about fatigue, thats fine, I think we have had one shit game, two bad results, and we will pick it up and improve, from Kane to Eriksen to Dier.
You may see them getting more fatigued, and performing worse, until we slide down the table and sit mid table at Christmas, and the whole season is doomed.

Good luck, Im off home from work soon, and cant wait to see Spurs in the CL at the San Siro.

If we look tired and get spanked, congrats in advance for tomorrow, you will have a field day I guess.
I don't enjoy our defeats, I just enjoy you making a cunt of yourself.
Anyway, congrats on pushing us to page 100 and I like your positivity. Sadly, you must remember, I am the oracle

I just enjoy you making a cunt of yourself

I just think the squad is ok and we can do well this season, despite some collective poor displays.

That makes me what it makes me....told you before, Im comfortable with that.
Go back to ripping the shit out of an innocent female Spurs fan, thats about your level.

Last edited:
I just think the squad is ok and we can do well this season, despite some collective poor displays.

That makes me what it makes me....told you before, Im comfortable with that.
Go back to ripping the shit out of an innocent female Spurs fan, thats about your level.
But you are so much easier to rip the shit out of. Ive never known someone so incapable of admitting they are wrong, well except Gibbs, you two are two fucked up nutters in a pod

Last edited:
sammyspurs sammyspurs

Oh dear, this just keeps getting worse and worse for you pal.
:adeohshit:

That was posted yesterday.........show me a single quote from a single player.

You believe headlines, with no evidence, no quotes, no source, yet you dismiss what the manager says in a press conference as meaningless. On the basis its the complete opposite of what you claimed.

The article is made up sensationalism, with no credible links to where it came from, nor does it mention one single player by name. Funny that.

And if it is true, and players are saying this in the press, two days after Poch says they had enough rest and are not fatigued, well I think you should have far bigger worries than whether you won an argument on the internet.

It would mean he´s lost the dressing room.

That was posted yesterday.........show me a single quote from a single player.

You believe headlines, with no evidence, no quotes, no source, yet you dismiss what the manager says in a press conference as meaningless. On the basis its the complete opposite of what you claimed.

The article is made up sensationalism, with no credible links to where it came from, nor does it mention one single player by name. Funny that.

And if it is true, and players are saying this in the press, two days after Poch says they had enough rest and are not fatigued, well I think you should have far bigger worries than whether you won an argument on the internet.

It would mean he´s lost the dressing room.
I bet youre a dog man aren't you? You are so straight forward about everything, no nuance or inference with you. People say what they mean and that's it.
The journalist is supposed to be well connected at Spurs.
You are right that the big concern is what this says about team morale. But there's nothing I can do about that, showing you the complexities of human behaviour is all I can hope to achieve. Without some one-to-one counselling sessions I probably can't hope to achieve that either

So you think its true but have zero concern for what would appear to be the squad publically undermining the manager?

You are so straight forward about everything, no nuance or inference with you. People say what they mean and that's it.

I just dont pick and choose what and when things are true when it suits. If Poch said the squad is fatigued, I wouldnt repsond with "what else would he say" and try and spin his words to mean the opposite of what he said.

The journalist is supposed to be well connected at Spurs.

What was that about being a dog person? Oh look, a quoteless article that suits my pov......must be true...I mean, he said "the players said"

Fetch Boy!! Good Boy!!!

So you think its true but have zero concern for what would appear to be the squad publically undermining the manager?

I just dont pick and choose what and when things are true when it suits. If Poch said the squad is fatigued, I wouldnt repsond with "what else would he say" and try and spin his words to mean the opposite of what he said.

What was that about being a dog person? Oh look, a quoteless article that suits my pov......must be true...I mean, he said "the players said"

Fetch Boy!! Good Boy!!!

I know, you don't pick and choose at all. If someone says something, it must be true..
If it makes you feel better, your dog does love you

I know, you don't pick and choose at all. If someone says something, it must be true..
If it makes you feel better, your dog does love you

Im not following......you're mocking me for believing Poch's quotes.

While you yourself believe to be true, an article that claims Spurs players have said they are tired, yet fails to name or quote anyone....on the basis that the journo "is supposed to have ties to the club".

Can you see where you are going wrong here?

You posted the link claiming it had trashed my argument remember. You believe the article.
Someone told you that someone said they were fatigued, and thats your truth. You believe the journo, simply because he told you. Right?

So, as you were.

Why do you keep purposely avoiding the point made about the players publicly undermining Poch too, if you believe the article?
Why is your biggest concern, me?

My wife's first game was a bit disappointing but she did get to experience 80,000 people at Wembley.
The same people I knew last season my wife met and we shared a couple of drinks and thoughts.
Getting out of the stadium was so much quicker than my other games there.
Hopefully tomorrow turns our fortune.

Im not following......you're mocking me for believing Poch's quotes.

While you yourself believe to be true, an article that claims Spurs players have said they are tired, yet fails to name or quote anyone....on the basis that the journo "is supposed to have ties to the club".

Can you see where you are going wrong here?

You posted the link claiming it had trashed my argument remember. You believe the article.
Someone told you that someone said they were fatigued, and thats your truth. You believe the journo, simply because he told you. Right?

So, as you were.

Why do you keep purposely avoiding the point made about the players publicly undermining Poch too, if you believe the article?
Why is your biggest concern, me?
I stated
1. We would lose 1-2 to Liverpool
2. Our English players were out of form
3. Our English players looked tired
You vigoursly attacked all three points as utter nonsense. Since then you have tacitly accepted points 1&2 and are clinging onto point 3 like a man holding onto a cliff edge. Your last stand being that the man responsible for ensuring the players aren't tired, says that he hasn't fucked up his job and that they aren't tired. Then a journalist well-connected at the club comes out and stamps on your hand. As you plumet down the cliff, instead of meeting your end with dignity you scream about quotes and how Pochettino would never lie to you. Be a man and accept your fate, have a bit of dignity

I stated
1. We would lose 1-2 to Liverpool
2. Our English players were out of form
3. Our English players looked tired
You vigoursly attacked all three points as utter nonsense. Since then you have tacitly accepted points 1&2 and are clinging onto point 3 like a man holding onto a cliff edge. Your last stand being that the man responsible for ensuring the players aren't tired, says that he hasn't fucked up his job and that they aren't tired. Then a journalist well-connected at the club comes out and stamps on your hand. As you plumet down the cliff, instead of meeting your end with dignity you scream about quotes and how Pochettino would never lie to you. Be a man and accept your fate, have a bit of dignity

1. I said we are not fatigued

2. Poch said we are not fatigued

3. Our players did not look fatigued

4. A journalist lied and said our players claimed they were fatigued

5. You took that as gospel

6. That’s all folks

When Kane puts in a shift like the old Kane later, what will you say?
I will say, “Kane’s raised his game, his form has improved”. Logical.

What will you say?
“Kane is not fatigued anymore, especially this week after flying to Italy and playing 89 minutes midweek”
Illogical.

When Poch said he’d be mad to rest Kane, did you believe him?
Is there any signs that he didn’t mean it and will actually bench him?
I’m pretty sure Kane will start today, like he did in the CL. But the manager knows he is fatigued?

Last edited:
Next 4 league games are very winnable, come out of those with max points then we're 7 wins and 2 loses, attitudes will change pretty fast, still a long way to go.
What's up now? See not the end of the world. Still in the CL race and still will be, win, lose or draw against city.

For the "brave means not buying" smug cunts what is the course of action now?
Which do you go with?

1) Poch has changed his mind and decided we need signings now but didn't in the summer?
2) Poch still doesn't mean signing players (lmao)?
3) Poch was unreasonably unclear and it is not your fault you thought he meant don't spend?
4) You were gaslighting pro spenders to psychologically abuse them?

It was always plain as day what he meant. Took key stage level 1 comprehension to understand and yet you wankers held such conviction in your interpretations. So unreal that I thought it was proof we were living in a simulation.

Please take better care when reading instructions on things like heating baby milk please.

Back
Top Bottom