Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has Dembele been called up for international duty? Maybe winks and wanyama with 2 weeks training behind them could start?

I cannot express in words how much I hate these arrogant deluded pricks. Losing to them is more painful than losing to Woolwich (I’m Irish) the whole country is full of Liverpool fans and they’re the absolute worst.

They’re probably already prepping this should the dippers win:harrysmile:

leicestertrophy.jpg

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Trippier - Eriksen - Winks - Dele - Rose
Kane - Lucas
I know it's early but I don't think we can really afford to lose this and continue to play catch up yet again. It's rare that we lose two games in a row under Pochettino and after such an embarrassing defeat against Watford I have my faith in Pochettino to get these players up for it.

A win puts us level on points with Liverpool and arguably we'll go above them on goal difference anyway. Try and spin that to Liverpool fans and media bias.

We have 7 matches in 3 weeks starting with this game. 4 PL, 2 CL & 1 LC. Whilst a lot of fringe players will play in the LC, how many can play in the other 6? We are only using 3 CB's and in most of the matches we should only play 2 and use a back 4. We have enough players to rotate and picking a team for this match has as much to do with who plays when during International break. The good thing is that most players should be fit. Now Kane not playing sole striker role even he can be rested. However Eriksen however poorly he is playing is always sorely missed.

Hugo
Tripps Toby Verts Rose
Winks Dier Dele
Eriksen Kane Son
If Wanyama was healthy and 2 games into coming back, he would start in place of Dier. But he has had zero game time in a long time and this is the wrong team to come back for your first game.

Same could be said for Winks, but we need his ball playing ways.

It’s going to be a game where they press the shit out of our midfield. Non stop attempting to win the ball back.

So I might even drop Dele and go

Winks Dier Eriksen
Son Kane Lucas

With all their pressure we can use the channels to open them up.

But I know that isn’t happening

Last edited:
Hugo
Tripps Toby Verts Rose
Winks Dier Dele
Eriksen Kane Son
If Wanyama was healthy and 2 games into coming back, he would start in place of Dier. But he has had zero game time in a long time and this is the wrong team to come back for your first game.

Same could be said for Winks, but we need his ball playing ways.

It’s going to be a game where they press the shit out of our midfield. Non stop attempting to win the ball back.

So I might even drop Dele and go

Winks Dier Eriksen
Son Kane Lucas

With all their pressure we can use the channels to open them up.

But I know that isn’t happening
Why would you drop Lucas?

Back
Top Bottom