Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we don't win this game we may as well forget about winning the league and focus on the cup competitions imo.
Even if we win this game I think the chances of winning the league this season are pretty low. For me it would be a great season if we finish in the top-four and reach the quarter finals of the CL.

I know they haven't been that great so far this season, but in fairness we are miles behind Man. City.

Even if we win this game I think the chances of winning the league this season are pretty low. For me it would be a great season if we finish in the top-four and reach the quarter finals of the CL.

I know they haven't been that great so far this season, but in fairness we are miles behind Man. City.

Didn't we tried that already the last couple of seasons?
We might as well skip right on to 2019-2020 season. What you waiting for.

Unlike last season when Lovren was on spice. This game will be a lot closer. I think Liverpool have 3 brazilians (Alisson Fabinho and Firminho) on international duty. It seems they don't get back until early Thursday morning which gives the 2 days to recover and travel before they play Lallana has already left the England squad injured (again) I think that there is probably only Milner who will not be on international duty out of the 16 or 17 first team main squad players. It will be a close game.

If we don't win this game we may as well forget about winning the league and focus on the cup competitions imo.
I don't think anyone at the club genuinely thinks we will be winning the league, so there's nothing to forget. Top 4 is the target.

For me it would be a great season if we finished 5th and won the League Cup. Even Watford could beat Man City if they win every game by one goal and play terrible football.

I don't think anyone at the club genuinely thinks we will be winning the league, so there's nothing to forget. Top 4 is the target.

Then Poch should stop banging on about wanting to win trophies and Kane should leave. None of the narrative makes sense. Whatever the objective is they should just say it and stick to it.

My twin brother is Liverpool. To say this is a must win for my sake is an understatement.

If Sonny is back i'd go.

Hugo
Aurier-Toby-Jan-Rose
Dier
Winks-Eriksen
Moura ----------------------- Sonny
Kane
Basically going for max pace as i think the game will go end to end.

My twin brother is Liverpool. To say this is a must win for my sake is an understatement.

If Sonny is back i'd go.

Hugo
Aurier-Toby-Jan-Rose
Dier
Winks-Eriksen
Moura ----------------------- Sonny
Kane
Basically going for max pace as i think the game will go end to end.

I like it, but I'm not sure Winks is ready to start just yet.
I'd go for this though:

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Moura - Dele - Eriksen
Kane
I think we'll need Sanchez's pace to best deal with Salah. Same with Rose.
(LB is a bit of a crapshoot for us these days)
Winks on for Dembele around 60'.

3-1 Spurs

Sanchez and Son are the 2 players playing next week with long journeys back and I doubt either will play but may play against Inter on the following Tuesday. Apart from that we pick our strongest team subject to no new injuries.

I like it, but I'm not sure Winks is ready to start just yet.
I'd go for this though:

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Moura - Dele - Eriksen
Kane
I think we'll need Sanchez's pace to best deal with Salah. Same with Rose.
(LB is a bit of a crapshoot for us these days)
Winks on for Dembele around 60'.

3-1 Spurs

Think Poch will go with a similar outlay that worked so well for us last year.

Toby Sanchez Verts
Aurier Eriksen Winks Rose
Son Kane Dele​

Dele sat deeper for the majority of the game. That being said, I really have a feeling Dier will play and with their pace, I fear that

Yeah, perhaps one or two borderline optimists, but the likes of Kane, Eriksen and Vertonghen are perfectly aware that it is very unlikely that we will win the league this season.

I’m a huge fucking coward and was super upset after the Watford game. I want to smash these fucks so bad, but I can’t stand reading or looking at anything football related until the 15th. God I want to win so bad. Please show up, just show up and we will win.

Back
Top Bottom