Spurs in the USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMG_2148.png
Cheers. No idea what Premier Sports is. Hopefully plenty of streams then.

Decided to skip the friendly, and just go to Wembley for a game. Fuck driving 3 hours each way on Tuesday night to pay $150 for a couple tickets to a meaningless game.

I'd rather spend over $2k to go over to London for a game that means something.

Shit, I'm an idiot.

:avbfacepalm:

I was out of town last time Spurs came to New York, and was about to pull the trigger on tickets to Denver before I went "wait...at this point I might as well just go to fucking London" so that's what I did

Always wondered, why does Florida get such a bad rep from the rest of America?

Spend 24 hours in any part of Florida that isn't Miami/Miami suburbs and you'll understand.

I was out of town last time Spurs came to New York, and was about to pull the trigger on tickets to Denver before I went "wait...at this point I might as well just go to fucking London" so that's what I did

Spend 24 hours in any part of Florida that isn't Miami/Miami suburbs and you'll understand.
Bradenton/Clearwater/St. Pete is very nice. Tallahassee and Jacksonville suck. Downtown Orlando is nice too.

Again, I have a hard time understanding why people hate on Florida. I can only assume they've never been to Alabama, Mississippi or West Virginia.

I love Florida. It has it's share of problems (drugs, poor education, hurricanes, poverty), but many are offset by the relatively low cost of living combined with great beaches, fishing, attractions, and the women.

If people actually went to, or gave a fuck about, states like Alabama, Mississippi, West Virginia, Montana, Idaho, Oklahoma, Iowa, etc, etc then you'd hear more shit about them too.
I used to live in Florida and currently live in WV. They are both naturally beautiful places occupied by a strangely high proportion of horrible people. But WV has an interesting and unique culture, whereas Florida is one long stripmall that acts as a blackhole sucking the life out of anything that comes near it. In my experience, Florida is simply the worst place there is.

(Exceptions are Key West, which is pretty great and St. Augustine.)

Last edited:
I used to live in Florida and currently live in WV. They are both naturally beautiful places occupied by a strangely high proportion of horrible people. But WV has an interesting and unique culture, whereas Florida is one long stripmall that acts as a blackhole sucking the life out of anything that comes near it. In my experience, Florida is simply the worst place there is.

(Exceptions are Key West, which is pretty great and St. Augustine.)
It's funny (cause it's somewhat true) about people going to Florida to die. But apparently none of you have ever been to Arizona.
:pochsmirk:

Well, some people find the culture of WV something other than "interesting and unique". Especially people of color (like myself). Having been to WV a few times, you're right, it is absolutely beautiful, but I would never for a second consider moving there.
:roseunsure:

I don't mean to derail this thread further, and I won't say any more on the subject.
:pochbye::ledley:

Back
Top Bottom