SPURS-FANS-STAND-BAN!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham ban fans for persistent standing at new stadium

Christ... anyone we know on here get banned?

Looks like they're taking it seriously...

Seems like we're all gonna have to Sidddaaaahhnnn from now on!

C'est la vie... I'm pro-standing, but it was unrealistic of fans to expect the club to change it's stance on standing and in doing so challenge the powers that be; just cos we have a different ground now.

HOWEVER:

Can we lodge a counter notion opposing the sale of Pizza & Burgers during the game; because my match-day experience was significantly tainted over the weekend by being up and down CONSTANTLY to let people past to go for refreshments.

....It'd have 'happily' (see: reluctantly) conceded to a 'seated only' policy given half the fucking chance!

TBH, I couldn't give a shit if its beer, food, piss-breaks or-whatever; so this rant isn't simply about 'footy tourists'..... It's a 90min game FFS.... How little genuine interest do you fuckers have in the actual game, that you can't exist without??? It's like kids wanting a fucking ice-cream the moment they hear mention of the seaside or a piss the moment they get in the car.

Meanwhile, no provision for a smoking area in the entire site dictates that smokers (or anyone accompanied by smokers) are pretty much exiled from the idea of an after game jolly in one of the bars with the rest of the hoards.

It’s not the law - it’s against ground regulations. I realise I’m being a bit pedantic, but it’s not breaking the law to stand up a a football. match.

Indeed, but by tolerating it the club leave their ass open to re-course from 'above'.

Those that did, were naive to think NWHL meant a return to free standing.

You can stand up 20 times while people go and get their popcorn just so long as you don't do it during the match.

How quickly they have managed to fuck up the initial goodwill that was evident at the first two games.

Only a matter of time before the ground is made up of 57k popcorn eating half and half scarf wearers/and corporates, 3k away fans and 2k undesirables like me.

I think my days are numbered.

Yes, corporate football is the 'enemy', though no more than those that eagerly lap it up and can't wait to spend £100+ on shite every match day; valuing style over substance.

Hate to say it, but the atmos has been dying steadily for over a decade now.

New stadium won't change that.

The only thing that stokes a next generation of loud n proud , football obsessed attendees is an influx of teens and early 20's, but sadly modern football prices that demographic out of the game..... As the arrival of the EPL did to me overnight and for a chunk of the mid 90's.

The ban would have been for kicking off. They defiantly have taken down seat number though.

Not so sure about that.... That's like assuming that whenever someone gets a kicking from a bouncer that they were "asking for it".

At the old gaff I'd had to verbally fight to stay in the stadium (merely for standing.... Yup, that song!) on a couple of occasions.

TBH, I think the big diff. here is more people standing cos they convinced themselves (incorrectly) that it's ok now; meanwhile spotlight is on the club/new stadium and they feel they need to be seen to react.

Unfortunately with the new stadium and now much publicity it is getting including the rail seats the club may feel it has to be seen to be doing something despite the fact this goes on all over the country every weekend.

I love standing as much as anyone but if a steward came along and asked/told me to sit down then I'd do it grudgingly.

Back
Top Bottom