Spurs books

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apols if this has already been covered but can anyone recommend some Spurs themed books to stick on the Xmas list?

The Boys from White Hart Lane is already on there...

I just brought the old man "the ghost of white hart lane" for xmas. Which I will be reading as soon as he has done with it.

Big Chiv is an amazing read. Ginola la magific is brutal. The glory game is the all time classic. Ode to Jol is also very funny.

Get amongst it.

I read Tottenham Massive by Trevor Tanner the other day, wasn't really that impressed, I know the subject matter is about the old Spurs firm, but the way he talks about the team made me wonder wether he actually really had any interest in the football at all, and was just a fucking violent nutter.

Anybody else read it? What did you think?

Read a good one which was interviews with loads of different fans about their experiences supporting Spurs, think it was called We are Tottenham. I've also read that one by Trevor Tanner which was a load of old bollocks

Indifference said:
I read Tottenham Massive by Trevor Tanner the other day, wasn't really that impressed, I know the subject matter is about the old Spurs firm, but the way he talks about the team made me wonder wether he actually really had any interest in the football at all, and was just a fucking violent nutter.

Anybody else read it? What did you think?

there's an old one called Tottenham Boys We Are Here - which if you are interested in the subject is probably the best you'll get, apparently it was the first book of it's kind - released in the 70's and is mainly a photo album of life on the terraces in those years - i haven't actually read the content but it's worth buying just for the collection of photo's

they done a reprint a couple of seasons back and i think you can still pick it up in a few of the pubs around the ground.

the Tottenham Massive books are a load of cack, most 'geeza's' i know are embarrassed by it

******BUMPINGTON*********

My good mate Mick has released a book about Spurs , his family are spurs & have been for generations

Available from Amazon , Waterstones & wherever else sells old paper kindles

there's an old one called Tottenham Boys We Are Here - which if you are interested in the subject is probably the best you'll get, apparently it was the first book of it's kind - released in the 70's and is mainly a photo album of life on the terraces in those years - i haven't actually read the content but it's worth buying just for the collection of photo's

they done a reprint a couple of seasons back and i think you can still pick it up in a few of the pubs around the ground.
it

Think the original goes for a grand and the reprints go for about £150.....

This one's a corker

51RdC0LrMML.jpg

Back
Top Bottom