Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The positives include turning Woolwich into West ham.. Just like West ham, Woolwich's priority is not to win anything but to hope we dont win..
Piers Morgan opened his morning show with Liverpool scarf singing you'll never walk alone and spent most of the show doing so. No mention of Woolwich losing to Chelsea but all energy was into us not winning..

We have well and truly broke them..

Oh what a night.......

The positives include turning Woolwich into West ham.. Just like West ham, Woolwich's priority is not to win anything but to hope we dont win..
Piers Morgan opened his morning show with Liverpool scarf singing you'll never walk alone and spent most of the show doing so. No mention of Woolwich losing to Chelsea but all energy was into us not winning..

We have well and truly broke them..

Oh what a night.......

We need to heed this and ensure we don't get stuck in a similar mindset regarding Liverpool tbh. Some of the carry-on this season has been cringey as fuck.

Despite playing poorly in the final and many other matches we got to a final, we really could have won if only our offensive players had been more clinical and we got top4.
I do hope this stops the ridiculous threads asking if we want top 4 or silverware. I have consistently said we need both. We were close to getting both and must not forget that a weakened team only lost on penalties in the league cup semi final.
Yes we need new players and many fans will not be happy we have bought enough but we should have more strength in depth than this season. Klopp lost 6 finals and finally won and it is our turn to win something next season which it must be remembered will end in a 1.

The people in Madrid are great. Spent the day away from the main areas so only saw a handful of Spurs and Scouse fans before the game, but got chatting to a few locals who where lovely to have a chat with. Special mention to a fella called Carlos, a Atletico Madrid fan who bought us a few beers and then took us to the game. After the game sat in a few pubs around the station we where allocated and it was just a friendly there.

Shame about the result but a great day out, 100% will go back on holiday there.

So do I.

I think Liverpool fans do too.
It's harder to win. To win the CL you 'only' need to beat, at the most, 4 extremely good sides. That's 7 games. Chelsea have shown that it's possible for a Premiership team who are only fairly good to still win it. Any good side should have no problem getting through the group stage.

To win the Prem, you need to be consistent for an entire season, not just for 7 games. That features a large amount of difficult games. Almost every away game is tough. And it means playing against sides who have had a rest in midweek and who are therefore sharper. It's especially hard at the moment, when the 2 best teams in Europe are English, and arguably 3 out of the best 4 or 5 (including us in that) are.

We have always been a cup team, and I think to win the league really takes a solidity which we probably are still lacking somewhat- even though we have improved massively on that front. To overcome that would make it all the more special, and it's my preference, though I too am not being picky and either would be mind-blowing.

Despite playing poorly in the final and many other matches we got to a final, we really could have won if only our offensive players had been more clinical and we got top4.
I do hope this stops the ridiculous threads asking if we want top 4 or silverware. I have consistently said we need both. We were close to getting both and must not forget that a weakened team only lost on penalties in the league cup semi final.
Yes we need new players and many fans will not be happy we have bought enough but we should have more strength in depth than this season. Klopp lost 6 finals and finally won and it is our turn to win something next season which it must be remembered will end in a 1.
Are we missing out 2020 then? Nobody tells me anything these days.

Massive positive was meeting Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , Chucklevision82 Chucklevision82 , Mick Cooper Mick Cooper , East Mid Yid East Mid Yid and Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman before the game.

Seeing Mrs P's photos of her in the Malta supporters club in days gone by was fantastic.

East Mid Yid East Mid Yid , how did you go getting back to Leicester?

Good to meet you mate as well as all the above. Managed to catch my coach with five minutes to spare. Got caught in traffic on the M1 and finally got in at 4.10am. Despite the result was a fantastic day out and the atmosphere before the game along the High Road was a massive positive.

The game was disappointing but had a fantastic time in Madrid. Got to catch up with some top guys including white hart kev TommyD123 TommyD123 and Fidel Castro Fidel Castro . Loved how all the fans were mixing without issues and the Madrid locals who were awesome. Scenes in the spurs fan area before were fucking amazing. Bumped into alot of faces. Also Big up to all the fans who traveled from around the world. I met fans that had come from Japan and OZ without tickets. Cant wait for Istanbul. Up the Spurs!

Dude, I'm gonna keep this polite as I think you deserve that without me throwing insults at you.

There's fuck all wrong with having your viewpoint on Spurs, even if I don't agree with your opinion, but there's loads of threads you can express that opinion on. This one is designed as a pick me up for those that are feeling down to be cheered up by whatever positives we can find.

I realise you might not see positives but no need to ruin it for everyone else.
Fair points. Brilliant post mate. I genuinely have
Dude, I'm gonna keep this polite as I think you deserve that without me throwing insults at you.

There's fuck all wrong with having your viewpoint on Spurs, even if I don't agree with your opinion, but there's loads of threads you can express that opinion on. This one is designed as a pick me up for those that are feeling down to be cheered up by whatever positives we can find.

I realise you might not see positives but no need to ruin it for everyone else.
Fair points. Good well put post mate. If I'm honest having now calmed down I realise it was probably not the thread I should of been venting in. I can completely understand your point, and would like to sincerely apologise for clearly ruining it for some people.
I really did not intend to do that, I am a grown up who takes responsibility for his actions. Sometimes it takes somebody pointing you in the right direction to make you realise. Some posters are very quick with insults, but that still does not excuse me from ruining it for others who were also hurting from the result and wanted to post some positive messages....thank you for the straightener sir, consider me firmly put in my place..again I apologise to any posters genuine or not that I irritated. If my kids acted like I did I would of been furious....thanks Mr sack race for pulling me back into line. COYS

Fair points. Brilliant post mate. I genuinely have

Fair points. Good well put post mate. If I'm honest having now calmed down I realise it was probably not the thread I should of been venting in. I can completely understand your point, and would like to sincerely apologise for clearly ruining it for some people.
I really did not intend to do that, I am a grown up who takes responsibility for his actions. Sometimes it takes somebody pointing you in the right direction to make you realise. Some posters are very quick with insults, but that still does not excuse me from ruining it for others who were also hurting from the result and wanted to post some positive messages....thank you for the straightener sir, consider me firmly put in my place..again I apologise to any posters genuine or not that I irritated. If my kids acted like I did I would of been furious....thanks Mr sack race for pulling me back into line. COYS
Good on you mate :adethumbup:

Positives for me:

The run to the final and the memories
The experience as a fan and for the players
Overcoming the odds in quarter final and semi final and the self belief for the players in the future
The desire to want to repeat that run in the future

And getting my wife to actually watch a whole football match and even shout at the tv (for Spurs!)

I have lol. To be fair it is bloody annoying, not even sure why I was doing that..bloody hell I used one.
Thanks mate
Yes, finally you used a comma. Problem is, you used it when you should have used a full stop. and started a fresh sentence.
I'm not convinced you'll ever get there.

Back
Top Bottom