Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone who has supported this club for years, should realise what a great place we are in, when you think where we have been! Top 4 again, playing in a CL final!

Hopefully one day we will have something shiny to put in our cabinet, but to be honest the ride getting there is just getting better and better. Some great moments over the last few seasons; Crouchy scoring a clincher against City to get us in to top 4 at the last knockings, Bale destroying Maicon and the fans singing 'taxi for Maicon' in 2010, the most stunning new stadium, having a home grown player like Kane on our books, knocking out City and Ajax against all the odds......it just gets better.

What a club, what a journey, one day we'll get there, in the meantime just enjoy the ride people!

Everything is in place for the future now.

Lot of whining about the end of this team. It is the end of this particular edition, yes. Poch has squeezed every last drop out of this bunch - and I’m happy with that.

I’m also confident we’re about to get some proper investment finally. Liverpool provides the perfect example. They replaced Lovren and Karius with VVD and Allison as starters. No surprise they were the two best players for them last night. Now we need to do the same.

The future has never been brighter than at any time since the 60s. The 60s!

Tottenham Hotspur is back

Nursing a hangover this morning like most I quess.
Positives are we reached a CL final despite being written off by the so called experts all season long.
I took a few seconds to reflect on what we have now. There was loads of dads with their sons and daughters at the match last night, in our magnificent new ground. The future has never looked more rosey than it does now.

We are Tottenham Hotspur football club and not a small minded little team with a rented stadium that they have to subsidise the ticket sales to fill.....Or an anti-Semitic neo-nazi vile little club that has bought success over the past decade courtesy of some shady russsian would-be gangster or a big time Charlie out fit that’s living in the past and the only thing that makes people take notice is a YouTube channel that is at its most affective when they fecking lose!!!! We are Tottenham Hotspur football club.

Positives!! We lost again and played shite.....not sure positive is a word that belongs any where near that
It’s because some of us have hope, and feed on on it. Others feed on the negativity.

If we had won last night there would still be a bunch saying it was a fluke, it was a one off, winning it once is meaningless, it’s not the league blah blah blah.

Food for thought for the whiners: there will be 3-4 goon wums on this forum. They will all be part of the negative crowd.

Hmmmm........

?

First time we've got to a Champions League final, we had a great run and could not take it over the line.

It's a hard loss to take but we should be immensely proud of the journey to get to this point. I can't be sad because this is part of an arc, we're progressing and this is just part of the journey

Spurs were the better team last night but it counted for nothing in the end sadly. The penalty had a huge bearing on the game, after that it Spurs were always chasing it.
The positive is that Spurs got there and just missed out and hopefully with some new additions to the squad in the summer they can go one better next season and beyond.

In the spirit intended by the starter of this thread...

• NWHL was amazing last night and will be even better once they settle down and get the details right.
  • Nobody puked up near me (but the **** who let off the flare in the South Stand area before kick of needs a kick up the bott. It wasn't even in the stands. The first I knew of it was smoke billowing through the entrance I'd just come through, which was unnerving for a moment).
  • The management of this club is excellent. Levy knows what he's doing.
  • Overall, the club continues to grow organically, which is important to me. ...Naturally, every fan wants world domination, but I'll take where we are at the moment as a good place to be in 2019.
  • I wondered if my brief affair with this forum would end last night but, I know you'll be pleased to hear, I've realised that it's actually true love (unrequited from time to time :) ).
  • Sandwiches 6-0 Security

EmaebMK.jpg

More to come, as & when they occur - watch this space lol

Last edited:
I got two free pints cos they had run out of beer and couldn’t pull whole pints, I actually think that’s the highlight of my night, Fuck you Levy I got 2 free pints ha!
Yes - I said to my wife that they'd struggle to keep the beer supply going. I was seated on the end of a row and there was a constant flow of trays of beer going past me throughout the entire evening (I don't drink, so don't ask me if I mugged anyone). The beer queues were ridiculous.
There was also a constant flow of young boys going past me for wee wees lol.

Oh - another positive - the camaraderie from total strangers continues to be amazing (I actually don't care if it's alco-friendship, it's still nice).

Caught up with a couple of friends that I haven't seen for years.
WHL full to the rafters with Yids only.
Got valuable experience of playing in the CL final, which will auger well when we are in it next year.

The important thing is we’ve got to a CL final, we’ve tasted it. Let’s go and do it again. Nothing to say we cannot get there again, we can be as good as anyone and not fear the so called elite clubs. We are becoming one of them.

For me despite being hugely disappointed with last nights result I’m happy where we are and happy where I think we’re going

COYS

2 more positives...

The stadium sound system proved to be fit for purpose.
The screens worked really well (I spent most of the game seated sideways, looking up at one of the big-bollocks screens above the South Stand).

Back
Top Bottom