Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is not a “Harry Kane Team” and our squad is strong enough to have reached the CL final without some of our key players. Most of our players and coaching staffs gained valuable experience from this. And finally, we are going to have another go at the next CL with more confidence.

Here's a positive. We were the better team in our first ever Champions League final.

Not to say it's anything to cheer as we didn't lift the trophy but fuck we've come a long fucking way from having to play Kyle Naughton, Younes Kaboul and Emmanuel Adebayor in the same eleven when Pochettino took over.

giphy.gif

We were the better team. Just lacked that bit of spirit/luck/impetus that gets you a trophy. Take the lesson, learn from it, come back better for it next year. We have everything but the extra "magic" i dunno what you call it. Players with experience, more clinical in attack, we should have won that.

We WILL be back. Upwards and onwards, see you next year. This is the best spurs team I've supported, and I believe. Our time is coming.

There aren’t really any positives about the performance, let’s be honest. We made an awful mistake right at the start, we struggled to create chances, we conceded a bad goal from a set piece. Throughout the game we laboured in attack despite Liverpool letting us have the ball for the entire game.

Neither team played a good game of football, we made two mistakes and they didn’t make any. That’s it. Liverpool produced probably the worst CL-winning performance of all time but it was still enough to beat us on the day. I think we never really believed in ourselves, I never really felt like they felt the comeback was possible. We never panicked but we just didn’t seem to believe we could do it.

The positive is that we reached the final and showed massive character to get there. We had an exciting season and we can look forward to another adventure in the CL.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club just played in the biggest club fixture in world football for the first time in our history.

Look how far we’ve come.

We will be playing a full season in the best stadium in the world
We are in the Champions League AGAIN.
We have the experience of a CL final under our belt.
We can laugh at Woolwich for having to play Thursday football.
We will start the season with a rested squad.
West Ham will still think they are our rivals and finish in the bottom half again.

The morning after the night before.

Disappointed but so so proud of what we have achieved.

Second lowest Premier League net spend over the last 5 years.
No new signings in the last two windows.
Played almost two full seasons away from home.
39 injuries in the 2018-2019 season.

All the experts said we would be lucky to get 6th.

Got top 4 for a 4th straight season a feat only matched by Man City.

Reached the CL final.

All we could be looking forward to is yet another season in a rented athletic stadium watching players that other shit clubs have released or can barely walk let alone play football. The same club that are way too shit to play Thursday football which is the butt of our jokes..

Ahhhh, think West Ham and life seems good again.. :dembelelol:

Positives we clearly outplayed them in front of millions.
We made the final.
They needed a brown envelope to kill us after just 30 seconds.
The season is over because I think we all need a good rest....and I mean us lot, the fans.

We really deserve a break from this.

Back
Top Bottom