Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most people here expected us to finish in the Top 4, hopeful of a domestic cup. Not many takers for a CL final berth.

Looking at results and not form (because our form is shite) the only thing we can really be disappointed about is the FA Cup game against Watford.
Am I going crazy but wasn't it Palace......or was that last year? Can't be ar......bothered to look it up :)

This just shows you know nothing about football. Just a fair weather fan who thinks we should be grateful for any sniff of a win because we were bad in the 90's.

Pointless.

I think you've done a good job convincing most that it's you that doesn't know anything about football.

But keep crying. It's amusing.

As soon as the final whistle blew I told my youngest it’s fine to be upset but what this team has done to get to the final is amazing.

Like I posted in the original very drunk opening post, the memory of the sheer happiness and craziness in the High St before will live with them forever.

Yes we lost, but what a journey and what an amazing day Saturday was. So happy my kids experienced it.

Lovely stuff mate.

Just imagine if Daddy was a petulant, brat-ish melt tho...... :pochunimpressed:

Once again, funny how it's never the guys that take their kids to share good times that wanna burn the world down if we lose.

Am I going crazy but wasn't it Palace......or was that last year? Can't be ar......bothered to look it up :)

Sorry, you're right. Palace then went on to play Watford and I remeber thinking... that should be us...

The other cup was obviously very unlucky as without the changes to the away goals rule THIS YEAR we'd have gone through to the final.

My only silver lining is if we ever get to the CL Final again then I hope we go into it having won the PL. Would have been a little weird if we became Champions of Europe before ending the almost 60 year domestic drought.

Maybe next year is the year.

My only silver lining is if we ever get to the CL Final again then I hope we go into it having won the PL. Would have been a little weird if we became Champions of Europe before ending the almost 60 year domestic drought.

Maybe next year is the year.

Funny you say that; I still covet the EPL more than the CL.

Bow Lockes Bow Lockes

For them its because of Man Utd.

When Ferguson retired he didn't match Liverpool's UCL haul (there is an argument he underachieved in Europe) but he cleaned up league titles and did overtake on that.

So despite having fewer UCL titles Man Utd are considered the biggest club in England.

Ultimately the UCL is a cup. We had a significantly worse league campaign now than two years ago but were 90 minutes away from the biggest prize around.

We may get that chance again sooner rather than later because it is a cup, but the league is the hardest to win because it is a proper slog.

Ferguson once addressed his relative lack of success in the UCL and he qualified that the two he won came with the league title. Pretty clear that was a dig at Liverpool 2005 and Chelsea 2012 who had mediocre league seasons so put everything in one basket, whereas United competed on all fronts.

Back
Top Bottom