So who like Rio now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've never thought he was that good a pundit, although there are far worse...fr more bias, but fter his reaction on wednesday I seem to rather like him! he really seems to get taken up in the moment. More so than Gary....the crisp munching monkey get's right on my ***s these days!
Best words were from Glen though, especially loved it when he talks about being glad to still be here to see it. I lost my dad back in October so it seems so much more poignant. Hope ad is lookng down and seeing it all...as a Orient Fan and a Spurs fan he ought to be very very very happy!

Anyway, who else likes Rio now?

I've never thought he was that good a pundit, although there are far worse...fr more bias, but fter his reaction on wednesday I seem to rather like him! he really seems to get taken up in the moment. More so than Gary....the crisp munching monkey get's right on my ***s these days!
Best words were from Glen though, especially loved it when he talks about being glad to still be here to see it. I lost my dad back in October so it seems so much more poignant. Hope ad is lookng down and seeing it all...as a Orient Fan and a Spurs fan he ought to be very very very happy!

He's alright but he celebrated in a similar fashion after Messi scored THAT freekick against Liverpool in the previous round and also him, Gerrard and Lampard went nuts when Barca sealed their comeback against PSG a few years back. I wouldn't read to much into it although I'm sure he'll be supporting us in the final.

I can never dislike Gary, him and Gazza were the reason I started following Spurs.

I can never dislike Gary, him and Gazza were the reason I started following Spurs.
I'm a bit older than you (I started when Archibald and Garth were our front men). Gary was a god when he played for us and for many years after....but the Leicester season did it for me...god status revoked.

I met him once...well..never actually spoke but we shared an eye roll and smirk at Hansen being a p***k. Must be 20 years ago, I was on a flight to LA for work, it was international time and a break in the premier league meant Gary and Alan had a holiday. One of the guys I was flying with said they saw them at Heathrow but i didn't...but....they were obvs up front on the same plane as us. I was there for 5 days and had squeezed my clean socks into my small carry on, no checked baggage so was very quickly through security etc at LAX as no waiting for baggage.. I was first out the airport. But, i had to wait for my colleague. I got all the way through to those final doors to the outside and then stood waiting . It wasn't long before the 1st class passengers arrived....first through the door, Gary and Alan each with a large suitcase and a bag of golf clubs. They stop in the doorway....,
'you wait Here Gary, I'l go find the car driver.' says Alan and drops both his suitcase AND his clubs and walks off. Gary is then left stuck ...in the single doorway exit from LAX security, blocked in by a suitcase and golf bag...with 400+ passengers from a 747 behind him. I'm looking straight at them....my face breaks into a smirk...one of those 'He's a p***k isn't he! looks. Gary grins back, rolls his eyes, puts his own luggage down, shifts the P***k's, goes and shifts his own and looks back at me laughing my head off. Michelle and (i presume) Mrs Hansen arrive a moment later and don't give Gary a second look as they strut past!

No, he's a cheat. Only reason he celebrated is to give his hatred of liverpool some credibility in the final.

He was absolutely gutted when we kept Dortmund out in the first half in Germany. He hates us. Was a whu moron dont forget.

No, he's a cheat. Only reason he celebrated is to give his hatred of liverpool some credibility in the final.

He was absolutely gutted when we kept Dortmund out in the first half in Germany. He hates us. Was a whu moron dont forget.
I don't think someone can fabricate a reaction like that mate. He was probably more delighted for his co-hosts Gary and Glenn than he was for Spurs but it was a genuine reaction all the same

Found him to be very annoying in the past, and to be honest I think he’s a bit thick.

I have no doubts that he loves and appreciates the drama of football, and that he would have appreciated our win on Tuesday.

He's a weird case for me. A prick when it comes to football, no doubt, he played for WHU and was a complete twat when he played for Man U, not to mention the fact that he tried defending Mike Ashley of all people for the lack of investement at Newcastle (which for me, even as a Spurs fan, is absolutely criminal), but he has gone through some tough things in his personal life, and you could see that his celebrations were genuine. Now, like some other posters said, it's not that he was happy for us as much as he was happy for Gary and especially Glenn, but, if it was some cunt like Keown or McManaman, you would bet that they would be devastated and with their hands on their head because of our comeback.

I also thought what Glen said when he was glad to be here to see such a moment. I have always thought Rio ok, did he not stick up for his brother in an incident with John Terry a few moons ago at Loftus Road? Lost his wife at a very young age, I am glad he is still in football.

Seems like a nice guy and he has the passion for the game, that much was obvious.
Demonstrated some faults in relation to engaging over the top of others when analysing the game but the King of that dung heap is James Carragher !
Like him!👍👍

He's a pundit who loves football and like millions in the week, enjoyed incredible comebacks in the sport he loves.

He'll bash us when we are shit and people will criticise him for it and call him a shit pundit and he'll praise us when we are great and people will love him for it.

Either way, I liked his reactions during the week.

Back
Top Bottom