So what are we going to call it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've read this "we're better than them" crap all season. But why shouldn't we have a name, just this once?

If we use it every season then yes, it gets a bit sad. But we've waited decades for this and the whole "we're better than them" shtick really is a load of nonsense. What makes us better than then? Because we aren't yet as big so don't have as many plastics? Meh, they're hating this, and I see no reason not to rub it in their faces. You're basically letting them off the hook of you don't acknowledge it.

I've read this "we're better than them" crap all season. But why shouldn't we have a name, just this once?

If we use it every season then yes, it gets a bit sad. But we've waited decades for this and the whole "we're better than them" shtick really is a load of nonsense. What makes us better than then? Because we aren't yet as big so don't have as many plastics? Meh, they're hating this, and I see no reason not to rub it in their faces. You're basically letting them off the hook of you don't acknowledge it.
I think we've ALL acknowledged it without having to give it an Online Facetwatter name!

That merely plays into their hands... are you saying it doesn't exist if it DOESN'T have a name??

Believe me, I and 31,810 others there yesterday FULLY ACKNOWLEDGED the magnitude of the result... and the wider implications... I don't for one minute think that 'Christening' it something will make the day any sweeter. ..

I also imagine we wouldn't be the type of fans to charter a light plane with 'POCH OUT' should results take a downward turn next season... but THEY'VE done it with arguably their best manager in our lifetime... so it MUST be the right thing to do!!!

Leave the online 'look at me' protests to THOSE self-entitled smug cunts....

We're bigger and better than that!

I think we've ALL acknowledged it without having to give it an Online Facetwatter name!

That merely plays into their hands... are you saying it doesn't exist if it DOESN'T have a name??

Believe me, I and 31,810 others there yesterday FULLY ACKNOWLEDGED the magnitude of the result... and the wider implications... I don't for one minute think that 'Christening' it something will make the day any sweeter. ..

I also imagine we wouldn't be the type of fans to charter a light plane with 'POCH OUT' should results take a downward turn next season... but THEY'VE done it with arguably their best manager in our lifetime... so it MUST be the right thing to do!!!

Leave the online 'look at me' protests to THOSE self-entitled smug cunts....

We're bigger and better than that!

Nail on the head.

Such a glorious glorious day yesterday. Just singing "you're fucking shit" was enough.
It doesn't need a name. It doesn't need acknowledging as I prefer not to acknowledge them as an entity. Enjoy it for what it is, a great win over the most hated of rivals and move on.

I tried this before, but there was a 'disturbing lack of faith'. So I'm playing it coy(s) this time, but you know what I'm talking about.

Suggestions?

a0529774c42c5b2ac0c7304b801915d4.jpg

Nail on the head.

Such a glorious glorious day yesterday. Just singing "you're fucking shit" was enough.
It doesn't need a name. It doesn't need acknowledging as I prefer not to acknowledge them as an entity. Enjoy it for what it is, a great win over the most hated of rivals and move on.
You prefer not to acknowledge our biggest rivals?

We can acknowledge them without having a bloody silly day named after them. It's so small time.

I seem to only remember them coming up with that day after they had actually failed to win a league title after a number of years.

Fuck em, they're so shit now they aren't worth acknowledging as a serious rival anymore.

Chavs have become more of a rival. Woolwich are in dissary let's enjoy them implode from afar.
Sorry, but just because we've had one better season it doesn't mean they have ceased to be our closest and most despised rivals. I'm amazed that league position is all it takes in some fans to deem them unimportant.

See, this is why I don't get the "don't give it a name 'cause superior" attitude. We're not a bigger club than them in terms of money. We're not bigger than them in terms of trophy history. They have a large contingent of plastics thanks to their success in the PL era, but had it been us we'd have those plastics as well.

This whole "don't give it a name because we're better" doesn't actually seemed rooted in any logic to me. Now, we may well become bigger and better than them over the long term thanks to our building for the future, and that would be the time to truly regarded them as small time and say "forget a name", but we just aren't there yet so I find the thinking behind "don't give it a name this year" based on a misplaced idea that one season better than them makes us vastly superior. It's like a denial that they are our biggest rivals, wherever either of us are in the table. I mean Christ, even on here we have a piss take thread that is some 900 plus pages long, but we shouldn't give yesterday a one off name because that'll show 'em we don't care? It's bollocks. Any true Spurs fan will always care about the Scum whenever they are in the table, just like any Liverpool cares about Everton, Newcastle/Sunderland, Celtic/Rangers and so on.

Back
Top Bottom