So it turns out Poch was right

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Try yet again.

I suggest you start with the post you initially disliked with no answer.

We'll take it from there.
This? - The point remains, that Poch was hardly the main problem. Levy always was. - which is clearly wrong..

I'll ask again, you have made your opinion up on Mourinho in less than 15 games??

This? - The point remains, that Poch was hardly the main problem. Levy always was. - which is clearly wrong..

I'll ask again, you have made your opinion up on Mourinho in less than 15 games??

I still haven't said that, so why do you keep asking and keep pushing the disagree button?

It's childish.

I'm not sure if this has been debated yet, but does it actually benefit the club that Poch was right? Or does it only help certain individuals and their agendas?
Rather he was wrong but he's right. & it will benefit the club if the owners learn from their mistakes or sell up.

He had over 5 years before that!!
Yeah, And?
He wasn't sacked for anything in those 5 years was he? It was his struggles this season got him sacked. 17 games after he took us to the CL final.
It was the right decision. But carrying on with Jose because of history when he should be vastly improving us?

Yeah, And?
He wasn't sacked for anything in those 5 years was he? It was his struggles this season got him sacked. 17 games after he took us to the CL final.
It was the right decision. But carrying on with Jose because of history when he should be vastly improving us?
Bloody hell, this is hard work.

Poch was sacked due to shit form from Feb 2019. A lot longer than the 17 games/form you claim he was sacked for.

BTW, he won fuck all in those 5 years I mentioned either.

Bloody hell, this is hard work.

Poch was sacked due to shit form from Feb 2019. A lot longer than the 17 games/form you claim he was sacked for.
You're right this is hard work

You would claim that despite our form in the league being poor, that top 4 and the final of the CL was included in "shit form"?

Did you want him sacked the night we got to tge CL final?

You're right this is hard work

You would claim that despite our form in the league being poor, that top 4 and the final of the CL was included in "shit form"?

Did you want him sacked the night we got to tge CL final?
I wanted him removed before that night. My posts are here should you wish to look for them.

You've decided in less than 15 games that Mourinho isn't going to do anything with our team?! 🤦‍♂️

So tell me... who would you replace Mourinho with?

I wanted him removed before that night. My posts are here should you wish to look for them.

You've decided in less than 15 games that Mourinho isn't going to do anything with our team?! 🤦‍♂️

So tell me... who would you replace Mourinho with?
A young hungry coach who has a modern outlook and who would see a project through. A Nagelmann or Ten Haag. Someone with a footballung philosophy, not an idealism from 10 years ago that has been usurped.

A young hungry coach who has a modern outlook and who would see a project through. A Nagelmann or Ten Haag. Someone with a footballung philosophy, not an idealism from 10 years ago that has been usurped.
This is where you keep falling down... Mourinho won trophies at his last club. That wasn't 10 years ago!!

Also, what would Nagelmann or Ten Haag be able to do with this squad?

Stop being a prat (childish or otherwise) and answer the question.

Out of interest - why would I answer a question to a point I did not raise?

In particular when you yourself refuse to even relate to the arguments I do raise.

There is a term for that. The term is straw man.

This is where you keep falling down... Mourinho won trophies at his last club. That wasn't 10 years ago!!

Also, what would Nagelmann or Ten Haag be able to do with this squad?
Mourinho took a squad that won the FA cup, won a pre season friendly, spent nearly 300 million to win the league cup and UEFA cup.
Hardly impressive, and screams, the big players did it, the tactics weren't important (circa Walter Smith 1997).

Do you see us spending 300 million for a League Cup? Me neither. So tactics then...

What would Ten Haag or Nagelmann do? Substitute players performing poorly and utilise youth. Thats for a start

Poch was not a saviour.
No. He was a fucking magician.
Only a magician could have got this bunch of players to four successive top 4 finishes and a Champions League final.
It's a shame all the Poch haters can't show some humility, even now, and admit they made complete fools of themselves.
It takes a man to admit they were wrong. A mouse clings on to their bullshit.

Too many mice on this forum

giphy.gif

Last edited:
No. He was a fucking magician.
Only a magician could have got this bunch of players to four successive top 4 finishes and a Champions League final.
It's a shame all the Poch haters can't show some humility, even now, and admit they made complete fools of themselves.
It takes a man to admit defeat. A mouse clings on their bullshit.

Too many mice on this forum
A 'magician' who fucked up his big chance on June 1st??

You need to take a step back and have a look at yourself first, then Poch and his 'achievements' second..

Mourinho took a squad that won the FA cup, won a pre season friendly, spent nearly 300 million to win the league cup and UEFA cup.
Hardly impressive, and screams, the big players did it, the tactics weren't important (circa Walter Smith 1997).

Do you see us spending 300 million for a League Cup? Me neither. So tactics then...

What would Ten Haag or Nagelmann do? Substitute players performing poorly and utilise youth. Thats for a start
What if the 'youth' isn't that actually that good?

You need to take a step back and have a look at yourself first, then Poch and his 'achievements' second..
A magician who created that chance out of the shower of shite on show today.

He's magic, you know.

No other Spurs manager has had the chance to fuck up in a European Cup Final - and his fuck up was aided and abetted by at least 11 others. Our opinions differ on Poch, but he deserves some respect for the work he did for us. Of course I’m not singling you out John, but I’m genuinely surprised at some of the vitriol aimed at him on here. He left us a much bigger club than we were before his appointment.

I hope this minor disagreement won’t scupper Glasnost. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom