So Holtby and Capoue had a tear up in training

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rightly so, looked on the pace to be Sandro mk II in those games. Had some disappointing performances after that, but I think once he hits his stride and is match fit - he'll be a real weapon.

He was good Sunderland away when he played at the back with Dawson. Daws even mentioned in an interview after the game that it was easy to play with him and he coped really well.

An injury that he suffered that ruled him out for MONTHS is obviously going to have an effect on such a player and there's been some suggestions that he hasn't been playing because of his fitness which I could understand. He should be ahead of Bentaleb IMO

While we're just making shit up...

Assou Ekotto was banished to QPR because AVB got angry that his dong spelled out LOL if he concentrated and had the right kind of semi.

Bill Nicholson's spirit currently inhabits Ryan Bertrand's motor cortex.

David Bentley is the son of Christ.

Steffan Freund has often been hailed as the Buddha of modern football coaches.

Gareth Bale has been quoted in interviews as saying that he is looking forward to getting back to his real calling - being a dustbin man.

Would anyone really care if Capoue left

:avbcringe:

I would rather he didn't leave. I think he is a quality player and if we need to reduce the squad size there are others I would rather see leave. Think the squad does need trimming - but we need to focus on increasing the quality and reducing the quantity.

If he wants to leave - show him the door if he can't be arsed to fight for his place. As long as we get what we want for him (£). He should really be trying to show us some loyalty, he's been here less than 6 months and out injured for 2. But we don't know if he's jumping or being pushed..........

I would rather he didn't leave. I think he is a quality player and if we need to reduce the squad size there are others I would rather see leave. Think the squad does need trimming - but we need to focus on increasing the quality and reducing the quantity.

If he wants to leave - show him the door if he can't be arsed to fight for his place. As long as we get what we want for him (£). He should really be trying to show us some loyalty, he's been here less than 6 months and out injured for 2. But we don't know if he's jumping or being pushed..........

We should be selling siggi

When he played vs Swansea he was fighting and contesting for every ball, trying to adhere himself to the fans. I wonder if he's still got that fight in him

I'm not liking the tone of Weasel's press conference yesterday, which I just had a look at. I reckon there may be a bit of pushing going on, or at the least a bit of managerial neglect. Thing is I don't think it started with Sherwood. I think that a number of them were probably frustrated under AVB due to there being no established first eleven. I suspect that when Weasel came in a good chunk of them probably hoped for better, especially as new boys (which Holtby arguably still is as well) and the fact that the opposite seems to have happened isn't likely to have inspired them to think there is a future at WHL for them.

Still, it's all speculation really isn't it? None of us are privy to training.

If we don't plan to play a DM role anymore then having both Sandro and Capoue is unnecessary. My concern is if we go and change manager again who wants a DM role we're back to only having no squad depth in that position.

If we don't plan to play a DM role anymore then having both Sandro and Capoue is unnecessary. My concern is if we go and change manager again who wants a DM role we're back to only having no squad depth in that position.

Based on the media reports I'm reading now, Capoue transfer dosnt look likely, so may be a moot point.

However it is the media, so can't be trusted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Holtby as a Redknapp target that was just acquired under AVB (as was Vertonghen) ?

Think we need to stick with him. Friends of mine that watch the Bundesliga were all raving about him when we bought him. Yes there's a lot of competition but the lad's not Germany U21 captain for nothing. Could be pivotal going forward. Loan him out is best we can do at this stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Holtby as a Redknapp target that was just acquired under AVB (as was Vertonghen) ?

Think we need to stick with him. Friends of mine that watch the Bundesliga were all raving about him when we bought him. Yes there's a lot of competition but the lad's not Germany U21 captain for nothing. Could be pivotal going forward. Loan him out is best we can do at this stage.
I personally think there's more chance of him coming good and excelling than Chadli and Capoue. and I think the latter two are worth keeping around as well. I'll be deeply disturbed is Weasel does get rid of Lewis based on this supposed rumours of hi jinks behind closed doors. He's a young kid and if Timmy gives up on him so easily then that shows his inexperience. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Holby was freunds one and only contribution to this once great club

While we're just making shit up...

Assou Ekotto was banished to QPR because AVB got angry that his dong spelled out LOL if he concentrated and had the right kind of semi.

Bill Nicholson's spirit currently inhabits Ryan Bertrand's motor cortex.

David Bentley is the son of Christ.

Steffan Freund has often been hailed as the Buddha of modern football coaches.

Gareth Bale has been quoted in interviews as saying that he is looking forward to getting back to his real calling - being a dustbin man.
Arry also wants to be a public servant as a taxation consultant.
AVB as a linguist.

Back
Top Bottom