Signing you were most excited about but was actually shit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Signing you were most excited about but was actually shi

Another good shout on Wayne Routledge. I remember watching him in a pre season friendly at Reading and he was quality. I was thinking finally another decent winger and then never saw him again.

SadlerTHFC said:
Another good shout on Wayne Routledge. I remember watching him in a pre season friendly at Reading and he was quality. I was thinking finally another decent winger and then never saw him again.

I just looked it up it was his debut match with us and season opener in 2005 he started and broke his foot by accounts looked like he played quite well (We won 2-0 at Pompey) then poof! oh what could have been

Saw routledge play for reserves. My morning turd had more chance of beating it's fullback than our Wayne

Sean Davis worth dis-honourable mention as 'promising all action-ish midfielder' that went nipples skyward upon joining THFC

Éperons said:
Vertonghen

(i'm from the future)

sad thing is he has already scored 5 goals this season.
compare that to our boys especially the strikers... :vdvcry:

bale - 8
lennon - 3
ade - 9
vdv - 7
modric - 3
defoe - 11

durbanspur said:
Éperons said:
Vertonghen

(i'm from the future)

sad thing is he has already scored 5 goals this season.
you know, I actually meant Huntelaar in the joke, but no one picked up on it, so I never had to correct myself.

UNTIL NOW. :disdain:

Anyone remember Kayazuki Toda???

Mind you I'm not sure I had high expectations on that one - think it was just for shirt sales in Japan!!

Nicola Berti

Gay name and gay tackler. I thought his arrival from the the mighty Inter Milan would be the start of our resurgence.

It wasn't.

but he had the greatest song evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

OI GORGEOUS, WHAT'S YOUR NAME?

Thelonious said:
but he had the greatest song evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

OI GORGEOUS, WHAT'S YOUR NAME?

We still sing this on the train on the way to/from games. Others must wonder wtf we are on about. :harrylol:

Postiga and Gio for me. But if Gio is still at the club when 'arry takes over the England job, maybe he'll be given the chance to come good?

Back
Top Bottom