Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Read today that Madrid are looking to send him on a loan deal as a perm transfer anywhere is just too complicated. i.e hes worth £75-100m but with his injury history no one will take the risk.

Coming back to Spurs would be the better option for him, I'm sure he'd love to have United on his CV but to what end? I can see him achieving anything there given their never ending transitional period.

Realistically I can picture him going to PSG or Bayern to play in a less physical league.

Read today that Madrid are looking to send him on a loan deal as a perm transfer anywhere is just too complicated. i.e hes worth £75-100m but with his injury history no one will take the risk.

Coming back to Spurs would be the better option for him, I'm sure he'd love to have United on his CV but to what end? I can see him achieving anything there given their never ending transitional period.

Realistically I can picture him going to PSG or Bayern to play in a less physical league.
Even then Madrid are going to have to subsidize half his wages just to shift him. He's, smartly, not going to agree any transfer that sees him on a renegotiated contract - his wage is immense and what he can get today is going to be a massive pay cut. Why throw money away?

Could see Chelsea getting the loan as part of a Hazard sell as well. But I cannot see him, in any scenario, wearing a Spurs kit again. I really wish people would just let it go....we shagged a pretty girl once, but now she's gone and we've got a much more stable and still attractive wife. Stop wanking in the toilet to 6 year old grainy cell pics.

I know it’s all done and dusted now with him off to China, but I can’t get over the fact that even a double-digit percentage of Spurs fans wouldn’t want him back, never mind an overall majority.

It’s like Brexit all over again with people willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.

I can't say I'm surprised, as he (and his agent) have come over as real mercenaries in the last few months. A million a week is nothing short of obscene. It's not as if he's not earned extremely well since he's been in Spain. Ah well, can't blame him I suppose, this will set him and his family up for life.

I know it’s all done and dusted now with him off to China, but I can’t get over the fact that even a double-digit percentage of Spurs fans wouldn’t want him back, never mind an overall majority.

It’s like Brexit all over again with people willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.

Why does every fucker compare everything to fucking Brexit? Gareth Bale's and Tottenham's situation is absolutely nothing like Brexit!

Not trying to have a pop at you it's just I see it happen all the fucking time on here on social media in real life people comparing everything to Brexit when actually nothing compares well to Brexit at all as it's a very unique situation.

I can't say I'm surprised, as he (and his agent) have come over as real mercenaries in the last few months. A million a week is nothing short of obscene. It's not as if he's not earned extremely well since he's been in Spain. Ah well, can't blame him I suppose, this will set him and his family up for life.

Spot on about setting himself and his family up for life. That’s what’s it all about - he’s achieved a lot in the game hasn’t he.

Will never begrudge him anything. Gave me some great moments while wearing our shirt.

And I will never forget the abuse he got from some of our own fans as a teenager learning his trade. Shocking that grown middle aged men think that’s the way to “support” your players.

Only person he has to answer to is himself. Maybe he knows his body just can’t hack top level football for much longer. Who knows?

Just glad I saw him play in our colours.

His family are already set up for life, this is just obscene gravy.

So what? I'd take obscene Gravy everytime, what are his options? Be a leper in Madrid? Face unrealistic expectations playing for Man U, take a massive pay cut to play for another English team who probably won't be able to compete with City, with the options on the table a 150 million pound contract in China was probably the best one.

So what? I'd take obscene Gravy everytime, what are his options? Be a leper in Madrid? Face unrealistic expectations playing for Man U, take a massive pay cut to play for another English team who probably won't be able to compete with City, with the options on the table a 150 million pound contract in China was probably the best one.
You can't blame him...but now he'll be remembered for being the greedy cunt who went to a shite league for a million a week...

Disappointing to see someone with his skill fall out of love with the game like this, but I don't blame him for taking to money and running off to China. I think he could still win trophies in Europe, but that would have meant taking a pay cut.

Back
Top Bottom