Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we must be the only club in the country who have fans that don't want a player because he costs too much. Bizarre.
60million or 200million, I couldn't give a fuckety fuck. It ain' my money. And I'd love to see Bale ripping it up for us again. As would fans of every other top 6 club
I do not have a problem with the fee but do have a problem if he is not fit enough to play the majority of the games.

I think we must be the only club in the country who have fans that don't want a player because he costs too much. Bizarre.
60million or 200million, I couldn't give a fuckety fuck. It ain' my money. And I'd love to see Bale ripping it up for us again. As would fans of every other top 6 club
Opportunity cost and expected return, man. Like people have said, if you spend 60 mil on Bale plus his wages, you are choosing to gamble your money on a player that may provide a very high return once every 3 games (based on his injury record) rather than securing the futures of our current stars or even investing the 60 mil in a player that provides that provides high return every 1.5 games.

The argument isn't save the money to sit on it, the argument is it can be more wisely spent elsewhere - provided the money exists.

It's about the dent it leaves in our kitty that could potentially be spent more effectively. We dont have infinite funds to throw around.... Especially £60m gambles on sick note players.

FFS, how many times are you gonna bury your head in the sand and make a similar post about "its not my money"????

Makes you look ignorant, stupid or both.

So, you moaned and moaned and moaned about giving all our squad pay rises to their fair and requisite level otherwise we'll lose them. Now you want to spend that money on a single transfer and wages for a single player.

Textbook.

No no no. First of all there is no chance of this actually happening in real life. But even in a hypothetical scenario, it is still completely stupid. We are not Man City/United/Chelsea/PSG/Real Madrid etc. We are able to, on the odd occasion, hold our own against their like; but we are still well below that financial level and all of our recent success has been built on shrewd business under the radar. Our best players are those we got for massive bargains or developed in our academy. Even if we could pay the ridiculous money for Bale, there is no way that he could actually be worth that much to us or turn our fortunes around enough to pay us back, and this is assuming that he is fit and able to perform as his best.
We need to get this notion out of our heads that we are already an established elite club, because we are still very much scrappy underdogs and have to stay realistic. We always fuck up when we get carried away about our status and chances, but we're at our best when humble and fighting to hold our ground against the odds.

No.

Only one deal would suit and that would be on a free and a pay as you play contract.

If Levy could get the suppliers of the medical equipment that will grace the new swanky player lodge, then may be a partnership deal could be struck with them, they could provide us a "partner fee" and in return they have exclusive rights to publishing all the publicity photo's and articles whilst he uses the equipment and continues eternal recuperation.
image_update_208b83406417c7d5_1378119820_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Of late that's his favorite starting position.

For an alleged 62 million, i'd sooner sign Barkley and Zaha. For me that ship has sailed, and great though he was he is not the future of this club. Let that cunt Jose spunk another sixty million on a player who will likely keep Zlatan company at their clubs injury rehabilitation center.

We need a dynamic player who has no fear when he steps on the pitch.

No fear of their opponents, no fear of not being good enough and the belief that the team they are playing in provides a platform and foundation for their talent.

And belief their body can stand the test. It is here and irrespective of cost that Bale falls short for me.

I see Bale going to United or Chelsea if they sell Hazard anyway but I really believe his body is creaking.

Add that if Giggs gets the Welsh job Bale will want to play every game.

No.

Of late that's his favorite starting position.

For an alleged 62 million, i'd sooner sign Barkley and Zaha. For me that ship has sailed, and great though he was he is not the future of this club. Let that cunt Jose spunk another sixty million on a player who will likely keep Zlatan company at their clubs injury rehabilitation center.
Zlatan is at Utd for one reason, marketing. No club on the planet has so many sponsors/partners, all of these companies want their pound of Man U flesh, he does photo ops holding a kettle or whatever the product is, visiting the lounge where they and their guest are on match days, a quick 2mins hello post game is what they are paying for. Man U business model works, it works even better when they can sign an old crock as they have more time available to be wheeled out in front of the partners, Bale will be perfect, always injured, big, big name, attracts more partners......the circle is complete.

Zlatan is at Utd for one reason, marketing. No club on the planet has so many sponsors/partners, all of these companies want their pound of Man U flesh, he does photo ops holding a kettle or whatever the product is, visiting the lounge where they and their guest are on match days, a quick 2mins hello post game is what they are paying for. Man U business model works, it works even better when they can sign an old crock as they have more time available to be wheeled out in front of the partners, Bale will be perfect, always injured, big, big name, attracts more partners......the circle is complete.
Zlatan scored 17 goals last season. Hardly the sign of a freakshow signing who’s just there to punt shirts.

Zlatan scored 17 goals last season. Hardly the sign of a freakshow signing who’s just there to punt shirts.
And it was widely believed the reason why Utd where shit last year was because of him being in the side made them desperately slow. When you are the only man up top then he will get goals. If they only played Rashford up top then I would expect him to get the same return, probably more.

No chance in a million years . We don't have the will to pay the fee/wage even if Poch wanted him.
You're absolutely right mate. The money ain't the issue. A player like Bale would propel us to a different level marketing and sponsorship wise. Makes a fuck off massive statement too.
But we don't have the will or the balls to make it happen.

You're absolutely right mate. The money ain't the issue. A player like Bale would propel us to a different level marketing and sponsorship wise. Makes a fuck off massive statement too..

All a bit meaningless if we're left wanting squad-wise while hes injured and results take a nosedive...

See comments above about Zlatan... United can afford to sign a player on tbat basis; however we need our players to y'know, actually play.

Question for those that still have a boner for Bale...

If given cart-blanche to spend the equivalent (speculated) fee/wages on ANY player would you still choose Bale?

Back
Top Bottom