Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just checked up on Bale's social media to see what he is getting upto these days.
Looks like he just sits at home, watching Sky Sports with his mates on the sofa.
He doesn't turn upto work because he is "injured".
He is going to marry the mother of his two kids when he gets around to it.
And he is obsessed with uploading pictures of his latest pair of bright trainers and generally wears sports clothing all the time.

So my conclusion is this:
We've got Dele Alli and Real Madrid have got the world's most expensive Chav.

:pochfacepalm:
Done to death already but:
1- too injury prone. This is the main problem.
2- too expensive- he will still command more than £62 million for his signature
3- wages. Would you take a pay cut of £200-250 a week, let alone adding 000’s to the end of it? Nor will he. Like it or not, Spurs are not a club that can pay £350k a week to a player that doesn’t deserve to earn more than Harry or Hugo. And we can’t suddenly bump them up to £350k each.

He's already home, he went to his boyhood club lets not forget, he was kissing their badge after 5 minutes. All this Spurs in the blood rubbish, he used us to propel himself to better things ( yes i know that is his right ), fuck him.

So we throw 150k a week (assuming he would do little old us a favour and accept it) on a returning mercenary and Harry and the senior players are going to be over the moon. You're having a laugh, it would cause more problems than it's worth.
I'd rather give Harry 150k a week and raise the rest of the wages with the transfer fee.
Nobody think there's a reason why Madrid want to see the back of him.

Apologies to anyone who agreed with the my first post but not the edit.

Last edited:
No.

Only one deal would suit and that would be on a free and a pay as you play contract.

If Levy could get the suppliers of the medical equipment that will grace the new swanky player lodge, then may be a partnership deal could be struck with them, they could provide us a "partner fee" and in return they have exclusive rights to publishing all the publicity photo's and articles whilst he uses the equipment and continues eternal recuperation.
image_update_208b83406417c7d5_1378119820_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

If they could somehow convince him to take a wage cut, if he thinks he has something to prove here still and we can get him for less than £6.2M :levyeyes:
If our medical team properly clear him and Pochettino wants him then I would trust them.

Lot of 'ifs' :avbnaa:

Get five years out of him, playing about half our games gives us a decent total cost of ownership if we can get him to agree to our wage structure.

I’m a yes.

Injuries and wages are the obvious concerns. IF he can get over the recurring injuries (something that doesn't often get better with age) and if he'd be willing to accept c.£150k then I think he'd be very welcome back. A big question would be whether he could work well behind Kane, as they're both pretty selfish players. Bale and Ronaldo arguably struggle as a partnership in this respect.

Maybe you shouldn't go back, as the old adage goes - but he's definitely someone I'd rather see out on the pitch rather than Sissoko.

I think we must be the only club in the country who have fans that don't want a player because he costs too much. Bizarre.
60million or 200million, I couldn't give a fuckety fuck. It ain' my money. And I'd love to see Bale ripping it up for us again. As would fans of every other top 6 club

Back
Top Bottom