Should Bale Return To Spurs?

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Should Bale Return To Spurs?

• Yes

Votes: 115 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 141 47.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 44 14.7%

• Total voters
Levy would have him on a pay as you play contract, with his injury history he'll be on equiv. £30k a week. Cant see Bale agreeing an incentives contract.

That said, the shirt sales would bring in a huge wedge..

Register to remove

The question is also a bit, what does Bale want from his career?

Does he want to go in somewhere, play football and drag a team like Spurs over the finishing line, or is he looking for a paycheque?

If it's the former and we can get him in on a good deal, I think there could still be some value in bringing him in. If we can manage his injuries and get him to pass on some of his experience to the younger lads, it could work. Sort of the way that Davids is seen as a catalyst for Barca's success, despite him only being there for half a season. It might just spark something with a player like Kane or Winks, which could take them to the next level.

If he wants a big fat paycheque, then pass.

I can't pretend I wouldn't be thrilled to see him back in a Spurs shirt.

A lot of practical, good sense on this thread which I can't really disagree with, but he is genuinely world class and would still terrify defences. Imagine him tearing it up at the new stadium.

That said, he'll go to UTD.

Read today that Madrid are looking to send him on a loan deal as a perm transfer anywhere is just too complicated. i.e hes worth £75-100m but with his injury history no one will take the risk.

Coming back to Spurs would be the better option for him, I'm sure he'd love to have United on his CV but to what end? I can see him achieving anything there given their never ending transitional period.

Realistically I can picture him going to PSG or Bayern to play in a less physical league.

Read today that Madrid are looking to send him on a loan deal as a perm transfer anywhere is just too complicated. i.e hes worth £75-100m but with his injury history no one will take the risk.

Coming back to Spurs would be the better option for him, I'm sure he'd love to have United on his CV but to what end? I can see him achieving anything there given their never ending transitional period.

Realistically I can picture him going to PSG or Bayern to play in a less physical league.
Even then Madrid are going to have to subsidize half his wages just to shift him. He's, smartly, not going to agree any transfer that sees him on a renegotiated contract - his wage is immense and what he can get today is going to be a massive pay cut. Why throw money away?

Could see Chelsea getting the loan as part of a Hazard sell as well. But I cannot see him, in any scenario, wearing a Spurs kit again. I really wish people would just let it go....we shagged a pretty girl once, but now she's gone and we've got a much more stable and still attractive wife. Stop wanking in the toilet to 6 year old grainy cell pics.

Register to remove

Top Bottom