You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Should Bale Return To Spurs?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pleb, 20 Nov 2017.

?

Should Bale Return To Spurs?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

125 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Unsure

40 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Stopspot

Now I'm a big fat dynamo!

Aguero is more protected in that regard by City than Bale is by Real. Aguero is almost never expected to give interviews or be in the limelight. Whereas Real throw Bale to the wolves on the regular.

This is a likely factor in the lack of "outrage" over Aguero's English skills.

2. spursmalc

As we have a special relationship with real Madrid and they want rid of Bale but he does not want to go or take a pay cut we could do them a favour and take him on loan and pay only part of his wages.
    Well stranger things have happened or have they?

3. Cranston

Was thinking about this.

Absolutely no chance. Zero resell value. We'd basically be spending about £150 million on him. Levy would never sanction this.

• Agree x 5
  4. mikes01666

We may not like it (clearly you don't) but most players would want to join Barca or RM to further their career and improve by playing with other top class pros, be coached by an elite coach, CL every season with a real chance of winning it, and in Bale's case 1/2 million a week after tax.

No idea where Barca came from but I was responding to your original quote "I really cannot understand any top player joining that shithouse, flat track bully club"

I can. For the reasons above.

5. Hulk

Good for you, I wouldn't and was I using barca as a better example of a successful world renowned club where you don't need to sell your soul and put up with the shite you would at Madrid.
    Real are Chelsea on steroids-win something, sack the manager, don't win anything-sack the manager, ups and downs, big turnaround in personnel constant upheaval, I think they are a fucking joke-medals or not I think Bale will look back at his time there and be bitter regardless.

6. mikes01666

#326 mikes01666, 13 Mar 2019
    Last edited: 13 Mar 2019
    Ok, we disgaree. They're certainly not joke medals!

I think Bale will sit with his grandchildren in about 40 years time and say to "didn't really do much as an international, got to the semis of the Euros once". However did get these three Champions League medals, was coached by Zidane while I played for Real Madrid, also got a couple of league titles, Cups etc.

Most players would kill to tell these stories.

Bitter? I don't think so.

Addition: Real Madrid: the club of di Stefano, arguably the greatest footballer ever. Won the old European Cup five times on the bounce. ANY player will want to be associated with them.

• Agree x 2
  7. SpursUltra

We can’t afford it let alone sanction it!

• Funny x 1
  8. Bill Madrid

We don't have a special relationship with Madrid, there was some agreement to work together on marketing stuff and some vague mention of youth players being exchanged on loan but it never came to anything.

The agreement was never once mentioned here. It was basically Levy trying to spin the deal, making it look like he wrangled something more out of Florentino Pérez than he really had. Judging by the amount of times it gets mentioned his cunning plan worked

• Agree x 1
  9. HyNdZee

I put unsure. Heart says yes. Head says we need a DM more.

10. Hulk

Agree to disagree mate but they are a far cry from the Puskas and Di Stefano days now and they are guilty of starting the decline of the modern game with ridiculous financial bullying-The chelseas psg and citys of this world have followed in their footsteps and they're turbocunts to a man imho.
    He may well talk about his medals and that volley in the final last year and yes hes made ludicrous coin out of it but right now I would say the man is incredibly unhappy at that club, it hasn't gone how he planned ie taking over the mantle from Ronaldo and its not going to happen. I would say he would jump at the chance to play for a Bayern or United or anyone like that for the final years of his career to feel some love for the game again.
    You only have to go through their history of fucking players and managers out on their ear after not doing a lot wrong.

11. Hulk

He hasn't made the effort to learn even a basic level of english and isnt interviewed often, exactly-they just don't have him talk to the press-loads of foreign players in England dont so why should Bale be slagged off for not doing interviews in perfect spanish?
    Because real and their supporters are cunts thats why;)

12. asterdroid

According to Balague a loan deal was offered but with a Levy-standard offer on the wages
    Zinedine Zidane returns to Real Madrid: Guillem Balague assesses the challenges he faces

13. SoCalSpurs

There’s a really good 5 Live podcast with one of Bale’s agent. I’d advise you guys to take a listen.

14. sammyspurs

Get it done and watch everyone who said “no” wank themselves to death anyway

15. NorseYid

No.

Costs, balance, ego, age, pace-hampering injuries

• Agree x 1
  16. NorseYid

20 word summary?

17. Atomic knob

"for God's sake Levy, spend some money! Buy somebody!"
    "No, not him. too expensive!"

• Funny x 2
  18. VirginiaSpur

Supporter Never Forget What

Too expensive, too old, and too not what we need right now. We need central midfielders and fullbacks, not speedy inside forwards with injury problems. I would have taken him back in a heartbeat two or three seasons ago, but not now.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. Claud601

Doesn’t Bale have a tramp stamp ?

• Funny x 2
  20. VirginiaSpur

Supporter Never Forget What

oooh, do tell.

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info