You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Should Bale Return To Spurs?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pleb, 20 Nov 2017.

?

Should Bale Return To Spurs?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

125 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Unsure

40 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. For better or worse

Don't think anyone would question our need for him right now but we know he isn't the long-term solution.

Astonished by the shit he gets from the RM fans, like said above, he single-handedly won them the CL last year, for that alone he should be respected.

I do however like the situation both him and RM have got themselves into and only by becoming unstuck will they ever learn. Hopefully there will be very few suitors and RM will have to pay a bucket load of cash to move him on.

2. Freundian slip

He won't come back to us (for all the reasons already stated) but those saying he isn't that good anymore/is too old are daft, he's far far better than anyone else we have in that position.

• Agree x 2
  3. Guido

That clip is 4yrs old. It followed a lose to Barcelona in March 2015!!

4. Nutter-Naylor

Supporter

Fair enough. Just checking my bothered-o-meter...:roseunsure:

• Funny x 1
  5. Stag

Well those videos make it pretty clear why he wants out...

I have no doubt in my mind with the new stadium opening that Danny Boy has tried using his "special relationship" with Perez to make it look like we would be doing them a favour taking him off their hands by contributing 1/4 of his wages, and give the fans a marquee signing.

He may have his injury problems but thats less of a problem when you actually have a squad to cope with injuries, which we dont at the moment. More often than not in RM colours hes won them games when hes played (CL final springs to mind) and I personally would take him if the deal was right and crucially if Poch wants him. Think of the games this season alone where we've needed that spark, that little sprinkle of world-class ability...

• Like x 4
  6. Guido

Madrid largely controls the media narrative (other than a fallout kneejerk end of the world loss to *insert clubs name*), the press around Bale right now is negative because they want it to be. They want him out because he's their highest paid player by a mile (+€150k pw more than Ramos!) with still 3yrs left on his contract, they want him gone mostly because of this mate, but they can't jump up and down and say they can't afford him, it will break the greatest myth in football that they can sign whoever they want and that "whoever" would want to go there.

• Agree x 1
  7. Reidy

The thing about Bale re-signing is simple.

If we can afford him and get the quality of players we need in all other positions, then by all means do it.

If we can get Bale, but signing him means we get cheap shit and lucky dip signings elsewhere, then not a hope he should sign.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. Jenny Talia

A signing like him would attract other players surely? Including getting some of the players we already have to stay ... looking at Toby here.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. ArcspacE

BINNED AGAIN

Heard he was at the Lodge earlier this morning

Don't shoot the messenger

• Funny x 1
  10. Belgian Spur

Supporter

Twitter:
    @teflon6
    Thanks for the scoop, I want to he the first one posing on social media with my Neymar Cockerell tattoo

• Like x 1
  11. sammyspurs

The way I see it is that Bale in this team and we’re up there still with the top two.

Remember how many times he said “fuck this” when things were toilet, took the ball, fuck tactics, fuck passing to someone who is going to kill the counter attack, ran 50 yards and put one in the top corner, or laid it across the box for a tap in.
    Imagine Bale supplying Kane....linking up with Son....that’s a leader in a team like ours and an inspiration.
    He’s a power house, most of our team look like they have rigamortis going forward.

Before I couldn’t stand the idea, but right now I’d absolutely love it.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
  12. Totti

Chess extraordinaire

13. Reidy

I get that but...

Our midfield is weak and our defence is leakier than the Titanic 15 minutes after it hit the iceberg. There is no point signing Bale and then unable to strengthen the midfield or defence.

Yes it would be frightening going forward, but it would also be frightening for us when the opposition attack.

If it's Bale, Van De Beek, Diawara plus a top CH and RB, then we're talking.

If it's Bale, Grealish, Dack etc. then we're weakening ourselves immensely.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. John Thomas

My Eyes Have Seen The Profit

[​IMG]

• Funny x 5
  15. Hulk

The way Real fans are they would have Eriksen hounded out within a year with his downturns in form. Bar the money I really cannot understand any top player joining that shithouse, flat track bully club. Now Zidane is back after two managers in 6 months.
    ffs they're an absolute joke.

I think barca would suit him way better and if they offload Rakitic this summer he could be wanted possibly, unfortunately we have zero chance of Coutinho going to other way.

• Agree x 1
  16. sammyspurs

To be honest, we haven’t conceded that many goals.
    We should be able to concede two against Southampton. Utd did at home.

Problem is, they outscored them, and we should have too but failed.

• Agree x 1
  17. ArcspacE

BINNED AGAIN

Our defence hasn't been good this season - no 2 ways about it

18. For better or worse

sammyspurssammyspurs I tend to agree, however i'm not sure what fallout there would have been signing him, maybe the players get behind it, maybe they don't.

Lets also not forget he started as a left back and knows how to tackle and defend – often taking the ball off a player starting the attack.

Think we would have flourished with him in the team

19. Totti

Chess extraordinaire

Actually, he doesn't. Which is why he was such a shit left back and got moved further forward.

20. sammyspurs

True but who would care if we had put two more of the 16 shots we had away?
    Some were absolute nailed on chances

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info