You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Should Bale Return To Spurs?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pleb, 20 Nov 2017.

?

Should Bale Return To Spurs?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

125 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. Unsure

40 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. pleb

Enjoy the Moment

Bring Bale Home

• Like x 1
  2. Blanchflower

Supporter

Not for £62m - difficult to justify any large transfer fee with his wages and fitness issues.

• Agree x 11
  3. Boltonspur

:pochfacepalm:
    Done to death already but:
    1- too injury prone. This is the main problem.
    2- too expensive- he will still command more than £62 million for his signature
    3- wages. Would you take a pay cut of £200-250 a week, let alone adding 000’s to the end of it? Nor will he. Like it or not, Spurs are not a club that can pay £350k a week to a player that doesn’t deserve to earn more than Harry or Hugo. And we can’t suddenly bump them up to £350k each.

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 1
  4. ChiversRegal

#4 ChiversRegal, 20 Nov 2017
    Last edited: 20 Nov 2017
    He's already home, he went to his boyhood club lets not forget, he was kissing their badge after 5 minutes. All this Spurs in the blood rubbish, he used us to propel himself to better things ( yes i know that is his right ), fuck him.

So we throw 150k a week (assuming he would do little old us a favour and accept it) on a returning mercenary and Harry and the senior players are going to be over the moon. You're having a laugh, it would cause more problems than it's worth.
    I'd rather give Harry 150k a week and raise the rest of the wages with the transfer fee.
    Nobody think there's a reason why Madrid want to see the back of him.

Apologies to anyone who agreed with the my first post but not the edit.

• Agree x 7
  5. The Multi

Suspended

If Sissoko is worth 30, and Siggurdson is worth 45. Bale is definitely worth 62.

We could probably offer 150k a week and bonuses. Doubt he'd take it, but who knows

• Like x 1
  6. Fattynomates

No, close thread end off.

• Agree x 8
    • Disagree x 1
  7. Guido

No.

Only one deal would suit and that would be on a free and a pay as you play contract.

If Levy could get the suppliers of the medical equipment that will grace the new swanky player lodge, then may be a partnership deal could be struck with them, they could provide us a "partner fee" and in return they have exclusive rights to publishing all the publicity photo's and articles whilst he uses the equipment and continues eternal recuperation.
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 3
  8. TottenhamAberdeen

[​IMG]

• Funny x 3
  9. Kuya

Eric sends his regards

If they could somehow convince him to take a wage cut, if he thinks he has something to prove here still and we can get him for less than £6.2M :levyeyes:
    If our medical team properly clear him and Pochettino wants him then I would trust them.

Lot of 'ifs' :avbnaa:

10. pipes

Get five years out of him, playing about half our games gives us a decent total cost of ownership if we can get him to agree to our wage structure.

I’m a yes.

• Agree x 1
  11. LLB Part Deux

Supporter Armchair fan. I fucking love armchairs.

Injuries and wages are the obvious concerns. IF he can get over the recurring injuries (something that doesn't often get better with age) and if he'd be willing to accept c.£150k then I think he'd be very welcome back. A big question would be whether he could work well behind Kane, as they're both pretty selfish players. Bale and Ronaldo arguably struggle as a partnership in this respect.

Maybe you shouldn't go back, as the old adage goes - but he's definitely someone I'd rather see out on the pitch rather than Sissoko.

12. 1882

Heart says: YES
    Head says: NO
    Sky says: MAN UTD!

• Funny x 5
  13. Nabil Bentaleb

We start off with high hopes, then we bottle it.

There is a lot of pretty girls in the world lads, and a lot of them don’t get injured. Let it go let it go

• Like x 3
  14. John Thomas

My Eyes Have Seen The Profit

I think we must be the only club in the country who have fans that don't want a player because he costs too much. Bizarre.
    60million or 200million, I couldn't give a fuckety fuck. It ain' my money. And I'd love to see Bale ripping it up for us again. As would fans of every other top 6 club

• Agree x 5
  15. SouthStand Billy

Once a disrespectful money grabbing Cunt, always a disrespectful money grabbing Cunt.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  16. spursmalc

I do not have a problem with the fee but do have a problem if he is not fit enough to play the majority of the games.

17. Sobie

Opportunity cost and expected return, man. Like people have said, if you spend 60 mil on Bale plus his wages, you are choosing to gamble your money on a player that may provide a very high return once every 3 games (based on his injury record) rather than securing the futures of our current stars or even investing the 60 mil in a player that provides that provides high return every 1.5 games.

The argument isn't save the money to sit on it, the argument is it can be more wisely spent elsewhere - provided the money exists.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  18. Mariner

Heart : NO
    Head: NO
    Sky: Danny Rose to MU

• Funny x 2
  19. Airfixx

Swollen Member

It's about the dent it leaves in our kitty that could potentially be spent more effectively. We dont have infinite funds to throw around.... Especially £60m gambles on sick note players.

FFS, how many times are you gonna bury your head in the sand and make a similar post about "its not my money"????

Makes you look ignorant, stupid or both.

• Agree x 3
  20. Lmn

Lmn

Jog

On

Although he wouldn't be capable of doing that

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info