Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you seen his legs? Blimey.

serge_aurier_of_tottenham_hotspur_during_the_tottenham_hotspur_t_1315204.jpg
Needs to lose some muscle, it’d do him the world of good.

Walker was such an asset because of his pace and athleticism. A bit careless at the back, but he made up for it with his attacking. He was often responsible for lethal counterattacks. Scored a handful of great long-range goals too. And we should never forget his incredible Halloween pranks. Multi-talented.

Trippier was more solid at the back, but still not great. Lacked the pace to help significantly in counterattacks but was generally a decent crosser. His biggest problem was inconsistency. When he was off his game he was really off.

I actually like Aurier. For me he’s a better defender than either Walker or Trippier. He’s good at winning the ball back, and is much better technically. At times he reminds me of a right-sided BAE. In attack he gets forward better than Trippier, and whilst his crossing is more inconsistent than either Walker or Trippier, it feels like he puts more crosses in, with at least a couple a game that create decent chances.

The obvious flaw in his game is his ability to silence that little voice in his head that says ‘don’t randomly fly in to someone from behind’. He plays with passion, and unfortunately that leads to red cards and penalties. If his decision making was better he’d be a great full-back.

He gets a lot of criticism because of the red mist moments (including from me), but he’s also put in some brilliant performances. And he has that beard.
His crossing is statistically better than TAA!!! Who is the only defender ahead of him in assists for the season. He's statistically better because many of TAA's assists many come from corners & free-kicks, remove them and Aurier's crossing is far more accurate as a percentage than TAA!!!

The ref was very kind to SA today. Grealish had him on toast the 1st half but 2nd half Serge was better.
Played like a grown up but his crosses were not great.

The ref was very kind to SA today. Grealish had him on toast the 1st half but 2nd half Serge was better.
Played like a grown up but his crosses were not great.

We changed to a 442 (it looked like) and Aurier looked alot more comfortable in dealing with them.

Its a shame that he gets jumped on with every misplaced cross.

We changed to a 442 (it looked like) and Aurier looked alot more comfortable in dealing with them.

Its a shame that he gets jumped on with every misplaced cross.
I doubt Grealish was even his man to mark in the first half (we'll never know the specifics of team instructions but judging on the previous times we've gone 3 at the back this wouldn't have been the case this game too).

I doubt Grealish was even his man to mark in the first half (we'll never know the specifics of team instructions but judging on the previous times we've gone 3 at the back this wouldn't have been the case this game too).
He was jogging after Grealish at times. Doesn’t matter if he was his man or not - basic rule is your mark the man closest to you

Serge Aurier is a loose cannon. He can play but he can make you kick your mom in the between. Is it worth it?

I think he's better off in the Aaron lennon role with a rb like walker that can feed the ball forward to him. I was a huge fan of the way spurs played at their peak under redknapp and I think he is more suited as a winger

I think he's better off in the Aaron lennon role with a rb like walker that can feed the ball forward to him. I was a huge fan of the way spurs played at their peak under redknapp and I think he is more suited as a winger
You are basically saying we should entertain a freeloader. Just because he is not good enough.

Bale was terrible as a left back, was spot on as a winger and even better when avb let him run around all over the place. He's not a good defender but he has pace to get down the wing
Famous Harry Redknapp 'Just let them run round a bit tactics' Brilliant!

Bale was terrible as a left back, was spot on as a winger and even better when avb let him run around all over the place. He's not a good defender but he has pace to get down the wing
Bale wasn’t a terrible lb. only Coleman really gave him a shoeing

and whilst I’m coming round to the idea there is a decent rb in Aurier this pace thing is apocryphal....seriously

walker was fast
Son and Lucas have a bit of pace about them
Sess looks like he can shift a bit

I’ve never yet seen serge out pace anyone and I’ve seen on a good few occasions him chasing back without making any gain ( I don’t know how fast Grealish Is but serge didn’t get back goalside once he’d been skipped past twice)

im not saying he’s slow but to think he’s going to Convert to a winger due to his ‘pace’ is beyond reason

Back
Top Bottom