Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt his work rate was lazy and uninspiring today. Which is the case most of his games.

He has nothing to contribute to in his defensive game, our weakest link beside our defensive midfield, which are targeted time after time by opposition with ability.

He didn't look dangerous offensively either, which makes him basically useless.

We got a serious fullback problem, which should be addressed in the Januar window.

Agreed.

Frankly I dream of those days when we could rely on Trippier to steam up and down the touchline and knock crosses into the crowd! At least he had a semblance of what a full-back is paid to do - defend.

Aurier has been one of our best performers under Jose.
This sets the bar pretty low!

Yesterday he ran Dier a close second for "player we could most do without"

A truly appalling defensive performance along with crosses that found the goalkeeper or Row Z.

Him and Sissoko occupying the right side of the pitch is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

At this moment Brighton are preparing for Boxing Day. That little fat guy that took us apart at their place must be licking his lips.

This sets the bar pretty low!

Yesterday he ran Dier a close second for "player we could most do without"

A truly appalling defensive performance along with crosses that found the goalkeeper or Row Z.

Him and Sissoko occupying the right side of the pitch is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

At this moment Brighton are preparing for Boxing Day. That little fat guy that took us apart at their place must be licking his lips.
The issue is José mate.

He is nowhere near good enough for us. I hate that we never replaced Walker properly, how many years ago did he leave?

And never replaced Dembele. And never replaced Dier/Wanyama.

Why can't we replace good players when they leave or break?

Aurier needs to go. There are a bunch of RBs out there who would improve us. We don't need someone as good as Walker, we just need someone reliable and competent.

Taking a chance on Aurier instead of Trippier was an outright mistake.

DIoXZz0XoAAnJjW.jpg

Couldn't agree more. Can't defend. rarely beats his man. Can't cross. Positionally naive.
The own goal I can deal with (though think he should have sorted his feet). But so many times he was clear, and could either put a decent cross in or go past his man. And just didn't bother. Lame ass cross to the keeper/crowd. We just need someone better. And would have loved that to be KWP but that ain't gonna happen. So. January. Who should we get??

Back
Top Bottom