Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Chelsea started well but we were inching back into the game until their goal.
Goal was quite early though, we had a whole game to play . That retarded penalty from Gazzaniga is what really hurt us and then once Dier went off we started playing better, Son decided its time to kick a dick and finished the game off.

Goal was quite early though, we had a whole game to play . That retarded penalty from Gazzaniga is what really hurt us and then once Dier went off we started playing better, Son decided its time to kick a dick and finished the game off.
I'm not excusing either Gazza or Son but the die was cast by Aurier fucking up.
Just basic defending. Dixon and Le Saux were rightly slaughtering him.
He actually didn't do too bad afterwards but this lazy play he inflicts on us too often has cost us penalties and points in previous seasons.
Players make mistakes, they're only human but laziness and a couldn't care less attitude is inexcusable.

I thought he was OK in open play but not looking at the ball on the corner they scored from is unforgivable. Mou will be furious that Chelsea played so well but only scored two goals because we were sleeping twice.

Kane used to defend the near post at corners but he is now in the middle. Need someone more with it in that position. I think we got away with something similar in a recent match but cannot remember which one.

One of out better players today. Nothing wrong with the corner, at most lack of communication between him and the keeper. And Willian goal was his merit, Aurier didn't do nothing wrong marking him, tottaly unpredictable shot.

I felt his work rate was lazy and uninspiring today. Which is the case most of his games.

He has nothing to contribute to in his defensive game, our weakest link beside our defensive midfield, which are targeted time after time by opposition with ability.

He didn't look dangerous offensively either, which makes him basically useless.

We got a serious fullback problem, which should be addressed in the Januar window.

I felt his work rate was lazy and uninspiring today. Which is the case most of his games.

He has nothing to contribute to in his defensive game, our weakest link beside our defensive midfield, which are targeted time after time by opposition with ability.

He didn't look dangerous offensively either, which makes him basically useless.

We got a serious fullback problem, which should be addressed in the Januar window.
They targeted both our FB’s with overloads all game.

Jose and his set up and his inability to do anything about it is 100% the issue here not the individual player.

They targeted both our FB’s with overloads all game.
How come? They knew it was our weak links. Jan is understandable, Jose doesn't favour Rose with good reason. Jan also has an incredible work rate despite his limitations.

Serge is a different matter though.

Jose and his set up and his inability to do anything about it is 100% the issue here not the individual player.
He was surprised by Frank's set up. As Jose pointed out, Chelsea haven't played with three centrebacks since Conte's time. He changed our system with Eriksen on half time. We were slowly getting back in the game until the red card.

We have some players who don't show ability, commitment or the required work rate to make us competitive in big games. Serge is one of these players. He needs to go.

How come? They knew it was our weak links. Jan is understandable, Jose doesn't favour Rose with good reason. Jan also has an incredible work rate despite his limitations.

Serge is a different matter though.

He was surprised by Frank's set up. As Jose pointed out, Chelsea haven't played with three centrebacks since Conte's time. He changed our system with Eriksen on half time. We were slowly getting back in the game until the red card.

We have some players who don't show ability, commitment or the required work rate to make us competitive in big games. Serge is one of these players. He needs to go.
Both Jan and Aurier were unable to deal with 2v1’s the issue wasn’t them, it was how we were set up and how we failed to deal with it.

Aurier has been one of our best performers under Jose.

Both Jan and Aurier were unable to deal with 2v1’s the issue wasn’t them, it was how we were set up and how we failed to deal with it.

Aurier has been one of our best performers under Jose.
Although I do agree the issue was how we set up...both goals conceded were individual errors. Aurier was poor conceding the corner then slow to react during the corner itself.

Although I do agree the issue was how we set up...both goals conceded were individual errors. Aurier was poor conceding the corner then slow to react during the corner itself.
Absolutely but we don’t know if it was his role to close down the short corner or not, probably was but it might have been down to another player who didn’t react at all, so Aurier being the only one to react but late doesn’t necessarily make him the guiltily party.

Miss read the flight of the ball wasn’t great but conceding a corner should be no big deal.

No other way to describe his name, but Clownier. He shouldn’t be named Aurier anymore. Truly atrocious excuse of a footballer with a brain fart moment every single game, but the issue is we have nobody else good enough in that position. KWP isn’t good enough and is to weak. Foyth isn’t a natural full back. It’s so depressing how poor we are in both full back positions.

No other way to describe his name, but Clownier. He shouldn’t be named Aurier anymore. Truly atrocious excuse of a footballer with a brain fart moment every single game, but the issue is we have nobody else good enough in that position. KWP isn’t good enough and is to weak. Foyth isn’t a natural full back. It’s so depressing how poor we are in both full back positions.
Apart from the fact that he is a strictly average footballer with a concentration disorder he doesn't seem to care that much / doesn't even want to be at the club, I would rather play Foyth at this point.

Apart from the fact that he is a strictly average footballer with a concentration disorder he doesn't seem to care that much / doesn't even want to be at the club, I would rather play Foyth at this point.
Hope we fuck him off next month even if we take a loss - he’s doing major damage every game and doesn’t seem to give a fuck.

He is nowhere near good enough for us. I hate that we never replaced Walker properly, how many years ago did he leave?

And never replaced Dembele. And never replaced Dier/Wanyama.

Why can't we replace good players when they leave or break?

Aurier needs to go. There are a bunch of RBs out there who would improve us. We don't need someone as good as Walker, we just need someone reliable and competent.

Back
Top Bottom