Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm unconvinced from that footage. I think he could easily have been brushing his studs along the surface and lifting his foot after the ball has left his hands. It is literally split second stuff. Don't think I could comfortably call it either way. Therefore I think the ref could probably be said to have got the right decision in this case.
VAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Think he's doing ok. Has improved.

Obviously still a bit of a liability, but we have far, far bigger problems than him at the moment.

Indeed. Confirmation bias is far more prevalent than objective analysis these days.

#Who'sYourFavouriteScapegoat?

To simplify a player's creative output to assist stats misses the point tbh, much more likely for the position to talk about key passes combined with assists as well as cross completion.

Pretty sure Serge loses as far as most of those go because his passing is unquestionably worse. Tbh I think KT would have thrived under Mourinho, his direct passing into the channels and crossing would have been an asset, at least the manager might have at least spoken to him if reports are accurate about Pochettino.

His first two games were great to see, I was ready to eat my words, but if his job is to attack as has been stated, he did pretty poorly last night IMHO...he lost his battle on that side against Rashford (who also megged him).

Hope he puts in a better show against Burnley if selected (Dwight McNeill on their left is a great player)...if we put the ball into dangerous areas we have a lot of threats, far too wasteful in areas we could have hurt United.

To simplify a player's creative output to assist stats misses the point tbh, much more likely for the position to talk about key passes combined with assists as well as cross completion.

Pretty sure Serge loses as far as most of those go because his passing is unquestionably worse. Tbh I think KT would have thrived under Mourinho, his direct passing into the channels and crossing would have been an asset, at least the manager might have at least spoken to him if reports are accurate about Pochettino.

His first two games were great to see, I was ready to eat my words, but if his job is to attack as has been stated, he did pretty poorly last night IMHO...he lost his battle on that side against Rashford (who also megged him).

Hope he puts in a better show against Burnley if selected (Dwight McNeill on their left is a great player)...if we put the ball into dangerous areas we have a lot of threats, far too wasteful in areas we could have hurt United.

As far as assists go, I'm not a stat-man... But you'd think that if KTs much vaunted crossing ability was significantly superior to Serge, it would show itself in his assists.

I have a sneaking suspicion there's very little in it.

How many assists did Tripps get from crosses? And what teams were they against? I have the answer to this question. Please, can you do a recording of the sound of your jaw hitting the floor after you've done your research and post for the listeners' pleasure, Ta.

Rashford wasn't his man, that responsibility was between the RCB and Sissoko.

My post above wasn't to list stats to big the guy up, it was to come to his defense and draw attention to the fact that in a game where all the players were accountable for a poor performance, to see his thread light up to become the whipping boy whilst out of all the shit in the team he was the least shit, I felt someone had to draw this to the attention of the torchbearers. Just as had to be done with Sissoko.

Looked like he went down with a muscle problem at the end. Was kind of waiting for /expecting that to happen tbh. It’s been years since he’s played so many games in a row. Hopefully it’s not too bad though because along with Dele I think he’s probably been the most improved player since Mourinho came in. It’s just a pity that he is so so poor when he gets into decent crossing positions, doing what pretty much all our fullbacks do and just blasting it into the box and hoping for the best.
By far and away the best right back at the club though.

Headless chicken and always has been, unable to control slow drifting diagonal passes and managed to put the whole gameplan in the bin within 15 minutes.

Chelsea were 100% happy to take a draw today until they realised Aurier was on the glue.

Gets the ball -> attempts to “dribble” past his opponent -> looks like he can’t decide what to do next -> puts a random cross in instead. Aurier in a nutshell.

He’s exactly like Sissoko.

Back
Top Bottom