Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just give him 10 games without fcuking him around then we can judge.

Yes at fault in part for the goal, great shot and offered options.

Brilliant no but like all players needs a proper chance from manager and all of us.

This. Give him a chance and a run of games.

He's in his third season with us now mate. How long can a player need to show genuine glimpses like he should have done by now.

His defending for their first goal was horrendous. Gave up, walked and left his post. Watch it back if you get a chance to, there's no excusing that. Shame as I'd have loved it to work out with him but a lack of guts I can't put up with and Serge has that in abundance. Hopefully he comes good but at the moment I'd flog him as quickly as possible and put him down as a massive waste of time and energy. That first goal and how he couldn't give a fuck concerns me more than any of his pieces on the ball.

This guy is a bloody enigma to me. Has all the attributes to be a top full-back but I can't make my mind up if he's decent and needs an injury free run or, as I suspect, he's bang average.

Crossing was shit today, was ponderous in decision-making when in some decent positions, and lazy for the goal. Yet he did some good stuff too.

That's kind of how I feel...he seems to have a lot of the attributes to make a great right back and every so often (usually around 1 in 5 or 6) he has a good game, but other than that it's always been the same and there's only one word that defines it and that word is sloppy.

Sloppy first touch, sloppy concentration, sloppy delivery, sloppy decision making and he seems to switch off/give up on things fairly often which is very worrying for a full back. Even the throw in thing was just sloppiness. His game reeks of it.

For all the stick he took, I honestly think Tripps is twice the footballer technically at the very least.

The only consistent thing to Serge's game is giving the ball away and giving fouls away...that's not great, is it?!

He's in his third season with us now mate. How long can a player need to show genuine glimpses like he should have done by now.

His defending for their first goal was horrendous. Gave up, walked and left his post. Watch it back if you get a chance to, there's no excusing that. Shame as I'd have loved it to work out with him but a lack of guts I can't put up with and Serge has that in abundance. Hopefully he comes good but at the moment I'd flog him as quickly as possible and put him down as a massive waste of time and energy. That first goal and how he couldn't give a fuck concerns me more than any of his pieces on the ball.
Yeah fair dos, but at the same time it’s January before someone else can come in.
KWP might yet be the answer but the team/squad is in a bit of disarray currently and I think MP has some major “sorting out” to do.

Thought he looked winded quite often and would rather develop KWP as he has less ebbs and flows to his game. Serge was not the difference maker at Palace, it was team buyin, which benefitted Serge and allowed him to get forward. Something that KWP hasn’t experienced for awhile.

Patently obvious we got rid of our best RB, but what’s done is done.

I prefer Aurier to KWP but it’s marginal. Both need to battle it out but I guess the next stage is going to be forcing Foyth into the role

:dier:

Also Trippier playing his 6th straight game and 3rd in seven days.

But we have to switch RBs on a game by game basis. Funny how a shite LB plays every single week though.

Why the fuck did we buy this guy? If he's got the wrong attitude it wasn't a secret - did Poch think he could get a tune out him and has then realised he can't or won't. Why is he still here in that case?
Or is this another case of Poch marginalising a decent player, not giving them a chance, and running their value, condition and motivation down until they leave for a bag of peanuts

The latter

I see the superlatives are gushing for our defence once again, I'll hold my plaudits however. Palace put us under no pressure unlike any of the teams we had played previously. Our defence was able to hold it's shape and had plenty of time on the ball. Leicester will press the bejeesus out of us and we'll get more of an idea how good our defence is then.

Never a truer post made!!!

Aurier is a very good footballer but..he doesn't give a fuck and I am beginning to think that Ndombele might be the same.
I so hope I'm wrong but on the basis of today for SA and the last couple of games for TNB they are not the type for a battle.
The number of times in the second half when SA ruined an attack in no pressure situations today made my blood boil.

Aurier is a very good footballer but..he doesn't give a fuck and I am beginning to think that Ndombele might be the same.
I so hope I'm wrong but on the basis of today for SA and the last couple of games for TNB they are not the type for a battle.
The number of times in the second half when SA ruined an attack in no pressure situations today made my blood boil.

Too early to say with Tanguy but Serge I'd fuck him off tomorrow if I could. Sell entitled, arrogant and it has to be said based on the risk that came with him one of our poorest buys for what must be decades. He's done absolutely nothing to pay back those at the club prepared to give him another chance when others saw him as trouble. The nails in his coffin as far as I'm concerned he ain't Spurs class as a player or as a man

Tottenham defender Serge Aurier is a target for AC Milan, according to reports.

The French full-back wanted out at Spurs over the summer and the 26-year-old was heavily linked with a return to Paris, while Milan were also credited with interest.

Aurier admitted earlier this month his head was set on leaving the north London. He told Bal des Productions:“I’d simply decided to leave [this summer], which was normal for me. Many things were taken into consideration. In the end, I wasn’t able to leave.”

Only last week though he claimed he was fully committed to Mauricio Pochettino’s side.

Asked if he wanted to leave, Aurier said: “Yes, but that was the situation before the transfer window closed, the transfer window is now closed, now I am calm and happy to stay.”

Now though French outlet soccerlink and Italian source Sport Mediaset claim Milan want Aurier to replace Andrea Conti at right-back.

Soccerlink suggest that that Milan are ‘advancing rapidly’ in talks for Aurier as his replacement and ‘could reach an agreement soon’.

I said it on Saturday, I'll say it again, the silly little pre-rehearsed dance (and 'animal claw' pose) he did when he 'scored' is gonna be the best thing that VAR can eradicate!

Don't get me wrong, I'd have LOVED him to score... but surely the pre-arranged dances are gonna become more redundant the longer we have to wait for a goal decision being made!

I want him to stay if he keeps up his current form. He's like a little jack russell that gets underneath rottweilers and bites their bollocks. Unfortunately, up to now, he's also been like a fat jack russell that can't be asked to get off the sofa. But when he thinks and puts the requisite amount of effort in he's a good footballer and he's showing up of late so lets see how it goes.

However.....like Park Lane Mark Twain said, for the right money, flog him while he's worth something.

Back
Top Bottom