Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to sky sports we've enquired about him, and psg want £23m for him.

What are your thoughts?

Big risk that I'm still umming and ahhing about. We 100% need a right back, the only problem is Poch hasn't found one that fits what he's after. He's a risk for a whole variety of reasons, although the talent is clearly there from what I've seen.

Tricky one for Poch to make a decision on. He's class but will he fit in with the rest of our guys. It purely comes down to character and attitude on this one

If it's doable, the obstacle is permission to work in country, then I say get this done. I don't claim to have watched much of him at all, but he is supposed to be stylistically closer to Walker than Tripps. No idea if he is better than Walker or not, but it is imperative we have an RB that has the ability to beat their opposite number, that can tackle without giving away a foul, has pace and is an athlete able to sprint and stretch play throughout the game.

It's so important to our shape, how we play and what has made us so good the past couple of years.

If it's doable, the obstacle is permission to work in country, then I say get this done. I don't claim to have watched much of him at all, but he is supposed to be stylistically closer to Walker than Tripps. No idea if he is better than Walker or not, but it is imperative we have an RB that has the ability to beat their opposite number, that can tackle without giving away a foul, has pace and is an athlete able to sprint and stretch play throughout the game.

It's so important to our shape, how we play and what has made us so good the past couple of years.

Whilst I agree, I don't want Tottenham to lose what Tottenham is all about just because it is in a pursuit for glory.

If the players on the pitch haven't got the ethos of our traditions to heart, we may as well be supporting another team. I want Tottenham boys, ones who conduct themselves with elegance and class. That's why I love the club and I'd be gutted to see us lose what we are all about by chucking money at a punt. I trust Pochettino and I really hope he scrutinises this one and weighs up all the pros and cons that come with him. A very tricky potential this one (he seems a bit more Gooner than Spurs, just am honest opinion)

Seen him a bit, again probably someone who watches French football regularly would give a better report. Looked immense whenever I saw him, quick and very strong but far more of a footballer than Walker. He did sometimes though play to quickly when I watched him, bit more composure would be good, he plays at 100MPH the whole game.

Whilst I agree, I don't want Tottenham to lose what Tottenham is all about just because it is in a pursuit for glory.

If the players on the pitch haven't got the ethos of our traditions to heart, we may as well be supporting another team. I want Tottenham boys, ones who conduct themselves with elegance and class. That's why I love the club and I'd be gutted to see us lose what we are all about by chucking money at a punt. I trust Pochettino and I really hope he scrutinises this one and weighs up all the pros and cons that come with him. A very tricky potential this one (he seems a bit more Gooner than Spurs, just am honest opinion)
I love the romantic notion mate but we haven't had a team at Spurs that fits that description for 30 odd years (I like most of this team mind and the feeling is close to that). It's clear that Poch has instilled his ethics within the squad and will also deal ruthlessly if those ethics are compromised, for that reason I've no issues he picks players that will suit. Those that fall foul he deals with, so if this fella fucks about he's history, I like that and trust that.

I love the romantic notion mate but we haven't had a team at Spurs that fits that description for 30 odd years (I like most of this team mind and the feeling is close to that). It's clear that Poch has instilled his ethics within the squad and will also deal ruthlessly if those ethics are compromised, for that reason I've no issues he picks players that will suit. Those that fall foul he deals with, so if this fella fucks about he's history, I like that and trust that.

I think Davinson joined for the right reasons and that's for the project, the same with Foyth. Aurier I feel is only half interested due to his problems stopping other clubs taking a punt on him. I want good men in our shirt, but who am I to judge as Serge might just be a very misunderstood man. If he's an El Hadji Diouf or Ravel Morrison type personality, no thanks as he'll bring mor harm than good. Very tough window for us this one is

Aurier's medical is booked, apparently, though this article doesn't provide a source for its claim.

Serge Aurier has a medical booked in for later this week ahead of finalising a move to Spurs, assuming all the legal paperwork arrives in time. PSG appealed against his prison sentence and a decision has been made that hasn't been made public. The fact that we are finalising a move suggests he won't be going to jail for hitting a policeman, but until the paperwork arrives we can't spend millions on him and his wages.

tenor.gif

dont jinx it

71c3931c1edc4353a0c03ec549753b965872a2c343c09255617f4470cbd924ed.jpg

Not know about you... But ever since we got rid of Pat van den Hauwe I've been craving for us to sign a right nasty cunty defender... and I haven't forgotten Ben Thatcher... I mean one who's actually any good... AND a cunt to boot!
Maybe we've finally found one!

I don't know if it was because he was unfit but Trippier looked very out of place on Sunday. Must buy a RB and Aurier fits the bill as far as I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom