Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can get rotating for a reason like Aurier played left back to nulify Salah... But I don't understand switching the full backs every game just because you can.
Plenty of players run just as much if not more and they play pretty much every game. As said, I agree, Aurier and Davies all day long for me. Davies was great until Tubby Rose came back. Now playing every other game he has lost his mojo a bit. The more I see of Aurier the more I like him, plus he seems to inspire Sissoko when they play too which is an added bonus.

I like Trippier but it's clear Aurier is a better footballer all around (we also bought him to be our first choice RB), as someone said earlier it's time for him to get a run of consecutive matches and finally properly gel with team.

btw I think his partnership with Sanchez is excellent.

Happy birthday Serge.
I think he's going to be a great acquisition for us. Still capable of the occasional lapse in a game, but I think that's because he's doesn't always take the safe option. I always give a player the benefit of the doubt for their first season, especially when they come from a foreign league. I like Tripps, think he is a solid, honest player, but don't think he is our best option.

Happy birthday Serge.
I think he's going to be a great acquisition for us. Still capable of the occasional lapse in a game, but I think that's because he's doesn't always take the safe option. I always give a player the benefit of the doubt for their first season, especially when they come from a foreign league. I like Tripps, think he is a solid, honest player, but don't think he is our best option.

That’s because at times he has horrendously poor ball control, so the team has to take the panic running back to our goal option. Whereas Walker had similar lapses and sprinted back in earnest to try & minimize his mistakes, Aurier does so more sedately but is quick to put his hand up to others bailing him out again.

That’s because at times he has horrendously poor ball control, so the team has to take the panic running back to our goal option. Whereas Walker had similar lapses and sprinted back in earnest to try & minimize his mistakes, Aurier does so more sedately but is quick to put his hand up to others bailing him out again.

You could save yourself plenty of time by just posting "they're all shit... I hate 'em all!".

"coco" has managed a grand total of 8 PL gls since 2013. Some people should fxxxxxg learn to pipe down.

He has provided a lot more than just goals. So either actually watch football and learn or shut your fucking trap you gooner cunt. Speak to me like that again and I'll find out your address and beat the fucking shit out of you. Get the fuck off this forum you diseased waste of life.

Hi, guys, I was reading the forum as guest previously, but here I wanted to add my opinion.

It is valid point that Aurier pretty much "just arrived" and might take more time to settle, but at the same time I am very concerned about some concentration lapses that are very dangerous on the backline. And not the ones made under pressure - just unforced errors basically. And at the same time Trippier has positively surprised me in games agains Pool and Real at home - he was extremely tidy at the back. In ManCity game he was outrun by Sane, but I do not believe this should be basis of evaluation (if it would be, we should have dropped half of the team after this one). And while Aurier is faster of the two, we cannot ignore the fact that up to this point Tripps has provided 7 assists across all the competitions - basically one for 200 minutes (206 to be exact) on the field, which is impressive. Aurier has scored one and assisted 2 that makes goal/assist for every 381 minutes. Ofc all cannot be measured by goals and assists but I still feel that despite the pace Tripps still offer more of a threat going forward.

So in my books, Tripps is the 1st choice RB for us. Maybe it is true that until Toby is not back and we cannot play with 3 CBs it is more reasonable to use Aurier, but we'll see.

Hi, guys, I was reading the forum as guest previously, but here I wanted to add my opinion.

It is valid point that Aurier pretty much "just arrived" and might take more time to settle, but at the same time I am very concerned about some concentration lapses that are very dangerous on the backline. And not the ones made under pressure - just unforced errors basically. And at the same time Trippier has positively surprised me in games agains Pool and Real at home - he was extremely tidy at the back. In ManCity game he was outrun by Sane, but I do not believe this should be basis of evaluation (if it would be, we should have dropped half of the team after this one). And while Aurier is faster of the two, we cannot ignore the fact that up to this point Tripps has provided 7 assists across all the competitions - basically one for 200 minutes (206 to be exact) on the field, which is impressive. Aurier has scored one and assisted 2 that makes goal/assist for every 381 minutes. Ofc all cannot be measured by goals and assists but I still feel that despite the pace Tripps still offer more of a threat going forward.

So in my books, Tripps is the 1st choice RB for us. Maybe it is true that until Toby is not back and we cannot play with 3 CBs it is more reasonable to use Aurier, but we'll see.
As the resident Anti-Tripp's enthusiast I'll bite.

Trippier can't defend, not basing this on his shocking performance against City but in all his games for us. He has never won a header at the back post (his position), he can't tackle without giving away a foul (no problem with us being aggressive and giving away fouls, so long as they are committed higher up the pitch away from a ball being able to be put into the box), Tripps constantly concedes fouls in this area. Positionally he is one of the worst FB's I've seen, as the weak-link in our side he is targeted by the oppo, often doubling up on him and one-twoing around him as though he's routed to the spot like an oak tree. He has no pace. He can't take-on 1v1 his opponent. His assist stats are the biggest myth put out there, last year ALL of his assists came in just two games (Hull and Watford) didn't do a fucking thing any any of his other games, this year half of his PL assists are from throw-ins, one from a through ball, the other from a cross. He has this season pumped in approx 70 odd crosses in the PL, we have scored from one........this is NOT good!! When he plays, we are forced to set up differently to compensate for his inabilities, this is for the most part to the detriment of the team and inhibits our free flowing game. If he's not conceding possession by lumping it to no-one in the box, then he's slowing down attacks by checking back and passing it backwards to a CB. He's crap.

As the resident Anti-Tripp's enthusiast I'll bite.

Trippier can't defend, not basing this on his shocking performance against City but in all his games for us. He has never won a header at the back post (his position), he can't tackle without giving away a foul (no problem with us being aggressive and giving away fouls, so long as they are committed higher up the pitch away from a ball being able to be put into the box), Tripps constantly concedes fouls in this area. Positionally he is one of the worst FB's I've seen, as the weak-link in our side he is targeted by the oppo, often doubling up on him and one-twoing around him as though he's routed to the spot like an oak tree. He has no pace. He can't take-on 1v1 his opponent. His assist stats are the biggest myth put out there, last year ALL of his assists came in just two games (Hull and Watford) didn't do a fucking thing any any of his other games, this year half of his PL assists are from throw-ins, one from a through ball, the other from a cross. He has this season pumped in approx 70 odd crosses in the PL, we have scored from one........this is NOT good!! When he plays, we are forced to set up differently to compensate for his inabilities, this is for the most part to the detriment of the team and inhibits our free flowing game. If he's not conceding possession by lumping it to no-one in the box, then he's slowing down attacks by checking back and passing it backwards to a CB. He's crap.

Sorry, I am new here, but I'll take myself a liberty to say that you are not anti-Trippier enthusiast but a bullshit artist. Your rant is based on nothing and is factually wrong -
1) Why are you talking about his "last year assists" when this year he assisted goal against Everton, then against APOEL, two against Huddersfield, one against LIVERPOOL (in 4-1 win) and one against Real (in 3-1 win).
2) As pointed out in caps lock and also in my initial post - he played in two of the best games of our season. If anyone would even try to suggest that he is absolutely unable to defend, then I would like to get in depth overview how we kept attacking stars of Madrid or Liverpool on 1 goal? Please - do explain how it works?
3) About giving away fouls - in this season Tripps averages 0.6 fouls per game. Compared to 1.7 of Aurier. No comments. I understand that you were talking about specific kind of fouls, but - you cannot say with straight face, that (EVEN IF ALL of his faults would be the ones you described, while they are not) 0.6 per game is "consistently" or even worth mentioning.
4) About inability to tackle - when we look at their comparsion per 90 minutes basis in EPL current season - Trippier tackles won is superior to Aurier (1.83 vs 1.49) while Aurier has lost clearly more tackles then Tripps (4.21 vs 2.32). Read this point through once more. Aurier loses on average 1 tackle for every 21 minutes and you are saying that Trippier is bad at this (remember! we are talking about relative terms as compared to Aurier).
5) About slowing down and not creating - per 90 minutes Trippier completes 28.5 forward passes compared to Auriers 23.7. Among that there are on average 1.74 key passes and 2.08 chances created (!) compared to Aurier's 0.62 on both aspects.
6) While I don't have comparsion on the "backpost headers" - generally the areal duels won % is pretty much equal. 54.55% for Trippier and 53.49% for Aurier.

I do agree that Aurier is faster then Trippier. And might happen that Aurier will take step forward in future - he might have the tools. Also I dont argue that Trippier positioning can be improved- it can. At the same time he is not at least giving away ball in very dangerous position.
So the conclusion of my points is that no - Trippier is not shit. But your opinion is full of it and not based on reality. Thanks and have a good day.

Welcome to the forum Kieran mate

Back
Top Bottom