Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree - I thought Henderson picked out a superb pass, but would think Lloris should have come out a bit to close him off.
Also a dodgy deflection somewhere in the buildup, and lack of support for 'Arry being mobbed when we lost possession.

The entire back 5/6 stopped to claim 'foul' too. Play to the whistle = no goal IMO.

Is anyone blaming him? If anyone's to blame it's Lloris for not coming out or Vertonghen for being caught out.

It was a pretty damn good pass from Henderson though. Probably the only thing he's done of note since scoring a worldie against Chelsea over a year ago.
From one of the angles on the replay you can see that it actually wasn't as good a pass as it ended up being. It took a deflection off one of our players and landed perfectly in Salah's path. I think it was this deflection as well that wrong-footed Lloris as off Henderson's boot it definitely wasn't going on the same angle that it ended up.

Not convinced by this guy at all. Wasn’t he the top assister in the French league? Doesn’t seem to do anything going forward for us and a bit of a liability at the back.
Still think our best right back display this year was put in by KWP
Always always always remember how we felt about Walker when Poch first started with us.

Poch is the fullback whisperer and I'm fully believing that he'll get the very most out of Aurier. We just have to give them time.

Always always always remember how we felt about Walker when Poch first started with us.

Poch is the fullback whisperer and I'm fully believing that he'll get the very most out of Aurier. We just have to give them time.
I always rated Walker, since he was at Shef U. I have faith in Poch, but he isn’t a miracle worker.
I’m not saying get rid of Aurier, just I’ve been very unimpressed so far

Not convinced by this guy at all. Wasn’t he the top assister in the French league? Doesn’t seem to do anything going forward for us and a bit of a liability at the back.
Still think our best right back display this year was put in by KWP
Are you a troll ? KWP best display ? You are talking out your arse .stop talking shit you're making yourself look stupid .

Today was one of those games were he both gave and took. Ran around like a madman and did his best to keep Townsend and Zaha in check, but also gave the ball away two times in a major way.

But the entire team was run ragged after this tight schedule so kinda understandable.

Wasn't his best game for sure. Bailed out a few times by both Sanchez and Dier. Positionally he was awful. Could have gave away a penalty and the two awful passes really should have resulted in goals, but they didn't and that's all that matters.

Still think he goes to ground too easily when making a tackle. But he will only get better. He's chopping and changing with Trippier so it doesn't allow him to get a rhythm going. Whereas when we had Walker it was always Walker playing until the cups came along.

Definitely goes to ground a bit easy. But he was playing in an easier league (Sorry, Ligue 1 aficonados) and its a bit faster here. He'll get there.

Some aspects to his game are excellent, there was a moment on the edge of the palace box where I thought he was going to hit a first time volley into row z and I was yelling no!! But he played a beautiful half volleyed pass into a teammate and ran round to the byline to get it back. He's also great when it comes to a 1 on 1 battle of strength down the wing or shielding in the corner.

However he does look sloppy in possession when he is pressured in his own half and in 50/50's he reckless. However I expect this is largely down to not quite having a grasp on the English game yet. He's used to playing for PSG were he's used to be up 2/3 nil in the first half and opponents pretty much throw in the towel and go into damage control mode.

I think there's a lot he can learn from Trippier and a lot Trippier can learn from him. The prospect of those two pushing each other excites me a lot.

I think most of you are being way too kind.
He is a complete liability.
The rest of the team constantly having to cover his mistakes.

If he got binned in January I wouldn't be upset in the slightest.

He's not yet at the pace of the EPL, his body position often leaves him a yard behind his man ... that's a training requirement and something Poch has improved with all our other FB's so I've no doubt that will come ...

He makes to many errors in crucial areas ... that needs to stop ... again I think that's just the speed of the EPL where even bottom three sides have players capable of punishing silly mistakes ....

Right now I'd play Trippier as our first choice .... but there is a quality player in Serge we just needs to coach him to a higher level ...

Thought Sissoko did a good job of covering when Serge went walkabout ....

Players are allowed to have a bad game. They arnt machines.
Nobody played that great. But yes, Aurier stank more than most.

They're also allowed to have good games.
He stank yesterday like every other game he has played.

I loathe calling out our own players but how much time should this bomb scare be afforded?
So far we have got away with his brain farts only because of the quality of the rest of our players.

Just hope he's nowhere near the team vs the scum.

Back
Top Bottom