Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier is the type of player you're applauding one minute, and then watching through your fingers the next. And I love it. He's quick, he's composed (usually), he's strong, he's versatile and can put a cross in. He's a bit rash, but these moments of madness will become rarer I reckon. Put it this way, imo we have not weakened in the slightest with Walker leaving. Seems a steal to me at £24m or whatever it was.

Same old same old fans/media listening to the commentary and getting influenced on a performance, turn the sound off or go to the Pub where you can't hear it. I've read this morning a few reports on the game and some have said Salah ran him ragged, see some Spurs fans saying similar. Then watch bits from the game and then penny drops again, fucking shite commentary. Here are all his touches, for the most part he has Salah in his back pocket, he';s a threat going forward and is linking up play well. Somewhere in here commentator says something along the lines of "turning inside and outside of Aurier, nice footwork"........just as he puts the ball out for a goal kick (job done if you are Aurier).

Once again. Aurier never had a pre season with PSG or us.
He must be fit, but I doubt nowhere near Poch fit.
Like everyone it’s going to take time for him to get used to the training, the players etc.
Yet he’s managing very well.
Like Sanchez.

He was playing as a LWB yesterday what more needs to be said.
Salah ran him ragged.
Ok.

There is a lot more to come from Aurier. He’ll lose body mass and become quicker, sharper.
Mark my words.

Once again. Aurier never had a pre season with PSG or us.
He must be fit, but I doubt nowhere near Poch fit.
Like everyone it’s going to take time for him to get used to the training, the players etc.
Yet he’s managing very well.
Like Sanchez.

He was playing as a LWB yesterday what more needs to be said.
Salah ran him ragged.
Ok.

There is a lot more to come from Aurier. He’ll lose body mass and become quicker, sharper.
Mark my words.
Who did Salah out-pace for his goal - him or Sanchez? I think it was Sanchez

Sorry but I cant prefer a player who didn't want to play for us anymore. He said his heart wasn't in it.

Aurier however is looking like someone who is super keen to play and impress. I'll take the odd mistake at this early stage in his spurs career, you can see the talent and his attitude has been good.

Same old same old fans/media listening to the commentary and getting influenced on a performance, turn the sound off or go to the Pub where you can't hear it. I've read this morning a few reports on the game and some have said Salah ran him ragged, see some Spurs fans saying similar. Then watch bits from the game and then penny drops again, fucking shite commentary. Here are all his touches, for the most part he has Salah in his back pocket, he';s a threat going forward and is linking up play well. Somewhere in here commentator says something along the lines of "turning inside and outside of Aurier, nice footwork"........just as he puts the ball out for a goal kick (job done if you are Aurier).

Totally agree and with their goal, we were complacent and at this level you get punished.
Vertonghen was involved. He slunk in between Vertonghen and another defender and neither caught up
Between Vertonghen and Aueier, neither took responsibility. Aueier would have made a challenge if Vertonghen wasn't there and Vertonghen may have left it believing Lloris would sweep up-total cock up really but best to make these mistakes when you score 4..

The footballing equivalent of a pack of Mentos dropped into a bottle of Coke.

Love his attitude and enthusiasm. When he scores his first goal for us, the celebrations will be like Mardi Gras and St. Patrick's day rolled into one.

I missed the post Match stuff, what was the reason why he was played on the left?
Salah is a naturally left footed player on the right so an inverted winger. I think Poch said that playing a speedy right footed player on the left was a counterbalance to that. It’s about 5 minutes into the post match presser which someone has posted in the match thread. Trippier would have been eaten for pace on the left & Ben Davies has a mare last year against Mane. Rose probably still not ready for 90 minutes so I think Poch took a look at the Liverpool video tapes & out thought Klopp there as well. The goal aside, Serge handled Salah very well

Walker was a great player and loyal servant for us for many years, let's not rewrite history and pretend otherwise. In the end it was a deal that suited all parties. We got very good money, were able to bring in a younger player with potentially a higher ceiling for half the price, Walker got to double his dosh and Pep got a top quality experienced PL full back that can play how he wants. So it was win all around and Walker should get a good reception when we play them at home.

Walker was a great player and loyal servant for us for many years, let's not rewrite history and pretend otherwise. In the end it was a deal that suited all parties. We got very good money, were able to bring in a younger player with potentially a higher ceiling for half the price, Walker got to double his dosh and Pep got a top quality experienced PL full back that can play how he wants. So it was win all around and Walker should get a good reception when we play them at home.
Not sure walks will get a great reception now that poch's book has come out or whatever. With the shit he pulled 6 weeks before the end of the season, I'm not sure many fans will be very welcoming

Aurier is not to blame for this at all 3 sec earlier we were still in possesion. It only mskes sesnse for him to be on that side of Salah.

Is anyone blaming him? If anyone's to blame it's Lloris for not coming out or Vertonghen for being caught out.

It was a pretty damn good pass from Henderson though. Probably the only thing he's done of note since scoring a worldie against Chelsea over a year ago.

Is anyone blaming him? If anyone's to blame it's Lloris for not coming out or Vertonghen for being caught out.

It was a pretty damn good pass from Henderson though. Probably the only thing he's done of note since scoring a worldie against Chelsea over a year ago.
Agree - I thought Henderson picked out a superb pass, but would think Lloris should have come out a bit to close him off.
Also a dodgy deflection somewhere in the buildup, and lack of support for 'Arry being mobbed when we lost possession.

Back
Top Bottom