Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he didn't keep him that quiet he bloody scored...

He at times looks great but EVERY game he does something ridiculous.

Id still rather walker
The goal was Kane losing the ball because no one was supporting him, Hugo staying on his line and Salah scuffing the shot luckily. He was out of position and kept Salah quiet as well as providing a great outlet on the left.

What did he do ridiculous in this match? Missed a slide tackle?

You'd prefer Kyle Walker played left back today? No thanks.

Last edited:
The goal was Kane losing the ball because no one was supporting him, Hugo staying on his line and Salah scuffing the shot luckily. He was out of position and kept Salah quiet as well as providing a great outlet on the left.

The ball was rolling onto the post & hit a fucking bobble, guiding it slightly to the right & in off the post. I swear my eyes weren’t deceiving me.

Couldn’t watch the game, but aurier was all over the highlights! This man fucking loves a good goal celebration! Might not have been vintage from him, but this LB corps with rose coming back looks a fuckin treat, and aurier could be at the heart of it

Id still rather walker
thinking about this, as you do. Brilliant player, good replacement and has slotted in perfectly . considering hes only had a handful of games, hes doing pretty well. He showed control allowing the Egyptian Salad to score. A dodgy tackle when he scuffed would have seen him off.
I agree hes not perfect, he sems to get wrong side sometimes but what a signing and personally I dont miss walker.

Wouldnt it be ironic if we won the PL?

Couldn’t watch the game, but aurier was all over the highlights! This man fucking loves a good goal celebration! Might not have been vintage from him, but this LB corps with rose coming back looks a fuckin treat, and aurier could be at the heart of it
I love his enthusiasm as long as he keeps it on a rein. He’s been 100% for us. First man over to celebrate a goal. First man throwing himself into every tackle etc.
But he has to tame himself at times!
As for playing LB, I don’t think we will see that often. Poch explained why he picked him for LB in the post match presser, & whilst it was another mercurial decision, it was done for a specific reason. Why else would we have both our established LB’s on the bench, on standby?

Saw someone on twitter say it but if Aurier caught a policeman in bed with his wife, he'd attempt to slide in.

Love the guy.

I agree. Kane was fouled in the first instance and should have been awarded a free kick, and you'd expect Hugo to come of his line for that anyway.

Id still rather walker
Lmao if your boss would tell you to do some other shit at work than you usually do, wouldn't you be hesitant at times, Mr. Perfect?

Great addition to our squad. Looks to have a positive influence on the team, always smiling. He's a winner. Matter of time before he's the real deal.

Prefer Walker?

Walker proved he is a bottle job who didn't have what it takes to oust Tripper from the RB spot. He wanted it easy because the team he joined can spend 300M every summer, and he could triple his wages.

He's been sent off and conceded a penalty too this season, and is prone to one brain lapse per game. Walker has peaked. There is no more.

Aurier is already better, and still has years under Poch ahead of him.

For me, it was excellent business in the end.

Wow holy shit I meant FB corps. With Danny and Ben on one side and serge and Kieran on the other, it looks like we haven’t dropped a beat since last year. But yeah if serge plays more than a few games on the left this season something has gone terribly wrong.
I love his enthusiasm as long as he keeps it on a rein. He’s been 100% for us. First man over to celebrate a goal. First man throwing himself into every tackle etc.
But he has to tame himself at times!
As for playing LB, I don’t think we will see that often. Poch explained why he picked him for LB in the post match presser, & whilst it was another mercurial decision, it was done for a specific reason. Why else would we have both our established LB’s on the bench, on standby?

Would never have played Walker on the left!

Great to see Tripps also getting a game. Our depth comes from the versatility of our players and their ability to adapt to other formations and tactics. This can only be achieved with excellent coaching and players with natural footballing ability.

To not have Dembele and Victor in the game but still control things is an unbelievable progression from last season. Name another squad who has players and tactics this versatile.

Dier = multiple positions
Aurier = multiple positions
Vert = multiple positions
Dele = multiple positions
Son = multiple positions
Dembele = multiple positions

It's insane to think these players can deputise and still win MOTM.

Aurier is twice the player Walker is. Watch this space. Physically his attributes are incredible and he's already looking like a world beater in games apart from his rare costly mistakes. Watch Poch work his wonder and turn him into the best right back in the world.

Mark my words, Aurier will be the best right back in the world in the next 2-3 years.

And then he gives a stupid interview in the Sun and ends up joining Real Madrid

Love Aurier, his enthusiasm is great. You want those kind of characters around in the team, it rubs off.
Yes perhaps he does need to be more choosy when he slides in... but if he is already this good, imagine how good he will be in his 2nd season!
What I like as well is he seems very tidy on the ball, more so than Walker. You need that when playing the best, and you could also tell he gave no fucks about Dortmund or Madrid and can carry himself well in those types of games, which again rubs off on the rest of our team.

And it was a once in a lifetime pass from Henderson. We'd never hear the end of it if De Bruyne played that ball.

Back
Top Bottom