Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of praise has been given. I agree with almost all of it.

I watch RM a good amount and Marcelo is THE most terrorizing players on the pitch for 85% of their matches.

Great job of shutting Marcelo down. Aurier and Sissoko put in quite a shift.

Lots of praise has been given. I agree with almost all of it.

I watch RM a good amount and Marcelo is THE most terrorizing players on the pitch for 85% of their matches.

Great job of shutting Marcelo down. Aurier and Sissoko put in quite a shift.
Marcelo is a phenom. With Ramos a really unique kind of defender to play against. We really did so well last night.

His crossing is very, very good. Gets a lovely curl on the ball to take it away from the keeper.

I hope against the park the bus teams we persevere with Harry and Llorente up top, they will get a shedload of goals with those crosses (and Trippier's too).

I'm convinced he's an upgrade on Walker, who until Poch got hold of him always looked like a makeshift RB (this guys's like shit off a shovel, where can we play him?)

Surge has also got a great left foot so can cut inside too. He put in a cross v Dortmund which easily reached the far post. Nightmare to defend against if he can take on the LB outside and inside with that pace.

Was our motm for me last night. I know Hugo pulled off some worldies but aurier was immense.

At times they were trying to overload that side with one or two extra players and time and again him and sissoko saw them off. Plus some of his play under pressure and driving runs up the pitch helped us to get forward. He is a bit nuts and has rash decisions in him but he is genuinely an upgrade from walker.
He was for us too, perhaps it was something you notice more when you're in the ground.
I think that might be true about Sissoko too, I really appreciated his work on Tuesday but haven't seen what the fuss was about watching on TV

What a top notch player . He brings the best out of players around him by example, he and Sissoko were absolute brilliant on the right-lets hope that continues to develop. . He was sold for the penalty, kroos played him good-Serge wasn't to blame IMO. Tough nut, good player and can tackle-brilliant.

It makes me smile that other fans think he is there to be “got at” because he looks a “liability”.

He has been pretty bloody good actually. The sending off was silly but he was busting a gut to prove himself to the fans & his team. I guess he will reel that enthusiasm in a touch & I won’t hold that against him unless he carries on getting sent off. The penalty the other night was soft. The ref was dying to even it up. Had it been at the other end we wouldn’t have been given it.
He had to try & make that tackle. I’d have been annoyed if he hadn’t & Kroos had walked it in.

Such an unorthodox style.... Is it just me or does anyone else feel a similarity between Serge and Disco Benny?

It makes me smile that other fans think he is there to be “got at” because he looks a “liability”.

He has been pretty bloody good actually. The sending off was silly but he was busting a gut to prove himself to the fans & his team. I guess he will reel that enthusiasm in a touch & I won’t hold that against him unless he carries on getting sent off. The penalty the other night was soft. The ref was dying to even it up. Had it been at the other end we wouldn’t have been given it.
He had to try & make that tackle. I’d have been annoyed if he hadn’t & Kroos had walked it in.

I have no concern on this front... Poch will iron out any brainfarts... Did with Walker and lets not forgey Rose used to be prone to the occasional red card.

The agenda the media have against this guy is hilarious.

He was solid today and out of position - not many keep Salah quiet and he did. Yet they all keep saying Salah outdone him for pace time and time again. Well, that would be because Salah is quicker, dumbasses.

Lovin' this guy... So enthusiastic... Got a sneeky feeling he'll be enjoying cult hero status in no time!

Vetsatility = added bonus.

The agenda the media have against this guy is hilarious.

He was solid today and out of position - not many keep Salah quiet and he did. Yet they all keep saying Salah outdone him for pace time and time again. Well, that would be because Salah is quicker, dumbasses.

Well he didn't keep him that quiet he bloody scored...

He at times looks great but EVERY game he does something ridiculous.

Id still rather walker

Back
Top Bottom