Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps, given the density of matches Ben Davies will be required for, that Aurier could be slotted in at left back for a game like that to give him a break.

He's been played at LB before, hasn't he?

I don't know if he has played at LB before but as we saw tonight that he can cross with his left foot that could be a possibility.

There was one point at about 80 mins when the ball was crossed diagonally over the top towards the back post and Serge calmly headed it to Lloris. Easy as you like. We have a classy back line.

Anyone seen a clip floating around of his play in our right hand corner where Eriksen joined him to help him get it away? Trying to explain how impressive he was to a couple of colleagues who need to appreciate the game more seen as they support Manure and the Dippers... :)

Anyone seen a clip floating around of his play in our right hand corner where Eriksen joined him to help him get it away? Trying to explain how impressive he was to a couple of colleagues who need to appreciate the game more seen as they support Manure and the Dippers... :)

Reminiscent of a peak Danny Rose in all honesty. Tenacious. Loves to put a foot in. Strong and aggressive with the ball. Whips his crosses.

For a debut game and from a bloke that's not played a lot of football lately, i thought he was terrific. In all the years i've supported Spurs i've never known us to have so many quality defensive players, it's not what we have been known for and i bloody love it, it's a refreshing change.

if you go to the beginning of the move he made played his way into trouble, everyone shouting to boot it up field - everyone was very nervy.

Loved him too!

Needs to work on positioning and tracking back, improved on both in second half but as debuts go they really don't get much better.
Think he's not fully match fit. I'm pretty sure he never had a pre season with PSG. I can't remember him featuring in any of their pre season matches.
Imagine how he'll be once the training regime kicks in and he gets used to his teammates

Loved him too!

Needs to work on positioning and tracking back, improved on both in second half but as debuts go they really don't get much better.

If I had a pound for every time someone said needs to work on positioning about a defender. Does he really? or is it just some cliche people say?

eg...oh sanchez? Yeah hes a good prospect, but raw and needs to work on positioning.

nervy 1st half, but soon settled. didn't realise he was so short but the boy can jump! won most headers, super quick and confident on the ball. dortmund seemed to double up on him when attacking a lot, he handled it well and will only get more in sync with the rest of the back line. overall incredible debut!

Back
Top Bottom