Second half formation

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was impressed by the ballsy move to employ it first off. essentially 343

But also liked the look of it as an option for when we are chasing a game and really pressing .

It would be more potent to lumping towads a big man late on as it pushes the whole team forward and pressures as a unit rather than resorting to Stoke like tactics. More likely to force a mistake or OG as oppsed to rugby

Also while on the subject as a side note, I always quite liked Stoke especially when they have wound up Woolwich.Felt they did well to come up and stay up. But felt disappointed yesterday after realising they really do play like that and some of the stats ive heard since, minutes in play, shawcross 7 passes, are embarassing. They are as shit as ive read but ignored before

It was more 352 and something Redknapp has said in the past he'd like to use in the future. He see's Bale as the ultimate wing back and with Walker on the other side it's possibly to use this formation. Personally I'm not too sure about it but credit where it's due for implementing it yesterday.

The reason I'm not too sure about it is because it means 2 of our better players not getting into the team. Yesterday it was Benny and Lennon but it could equally be vdV (as it should've been yesterday).

I prefer just sticking with 442 which I truly believe if we had done from the beginning yesterday we wouldn't have lost. Stoke had nothing to worry about in the first half with regards to our attacking players because there was only 1.

As for Stoke, I hate them. I hate the untruth about their great atmosphere which is only true when they're winning. The last 2 seasons when I've made the trip it's been dead up there from start to finish. I hate Pulis and his tracksuit to suit wearing philosophy. I hate the fact they make their pitch as small as possible to take advantage of long throws. I hate that their first plan is to stop the opposition playing instead of playing themselves. I hate the fact they liken themselves to Wimbledon. I hate the fact they make one of their players wear a towel under his shirt which in my eyes sticks two fingers up to the premier league. I hate the fact people actually say things like, "credit to Stoke for grinding out results, you may not like their style but they're effective". It's anti-football of the highest order and does nothing for the game in this country.

The only thing that'll be good is when they're relegated. It's good to see teams like Swansea, Norwich, Newcastle and Blackpool before them not copying Stoke's formula when they're promoted. I truly hope one season we'll have a league full of teams who try to play themselves as equally as they try to defend and stop the opposition.

Just to make it clear, I fucking despise teams like Stoke.

PS, the place is a shit hole too and the people I know from there are moronic.

To be fair it was a decent change up, especially when BAE was having a torrid time on that wing. It had to be changed, nice to know we have a plan B if things don't work. Martin Jol didn't have one and he got sacked for it.

It was an inspired move against Stoke because it gave us enough centre-backs to deal with Stoke's long-throw (not even long ball) game, while still giving us pace out wide and our 3 main goalscorers. However... I really don't want to see it ever again. It leaves us hugely light in the middle of the park with VDV wandering off and the wing-backs playing so wide. 3-5-2 needs to be left in the 90s where it belongs.

It was impressive Liam. Harry doesn't make these types of proactive changes very often. It was a great job by him to see the problem and attempt to fix it. Hopefully we will not be in a position where such a radical change is needed agin this season!

Back
Top Bottom