Scum v Tottenham U21s Premier League 22nd April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flav

The Fighting Cock
I know this is a while off, 6 weeks or so, but I wanted to start this now to build momentum. If 1882 stands for very little, then at least it means getting behind the cockerel on the shirt regardless of who plays in it. If ever there was a game to demonstrate it then this has to be it.

There's a few reasons. It's against them lot. Our under 21s even without Pritchard, are among the best in the land. At the time of writing we've only lost one game, away to Wolves, who also have an excellent youth set up. WindyCOYS WindyCOYS will testify to that.

It's against the old enemy. On any level they've always been a thorn in our side. Taking untold to a game that our youngsters are playing in will prepare them for when they might one day meet Woolwich in a first team match. Regardless of what has gone before, of who is playing, of what level this is at, this is still them, and this is still us, and this makes it as important as can possibly be expected.

This game harks back to the 'good old days of football'. It looks very likely that we're going to be given the terraced section of the ground. This means being able to stand at a game of football. Better still it's 99% likely to be free entry. There might be some sort of stipulation that means you have to show membership to get through the turnstiles, but this is to ensure that there is segregation within our stand.

But most of all Woolwich brought a few thousand to White Hart Lane in a FA Youth Cup game at White Hart Lane a few years back and sang throughout, they won 3-1. This is our chance to get them back. Lets go to the Underhill and make it an atmosphere they've never heard down there. It will be one of the last games ever played at the stadium, lets leave our lungs within the foundations of this terraced stand.

Bring your mates, your famiy, fellow yids you love or those you vaguely know, anyone who is Spurs.... this could be one of the most spursy nights of your life.

P8irkXa.jpg

I'm in. You need someone to fulfill the elder statesman role.

I will put the word out elsewhere and amongst my mates and see what transpires.

Still waiting for my pint from Wookie D!

Hmm, six weeks is just about enough time for me to save up for a Fila shell suit for the terrace. Otoh, maybe I'll just nick one and spend the money on pints.

I'd be so up for this. I've been wanting a worthwhile reason to go to the Underhill before it closes for ages. Plus it's a terrace and our shirts are playing the scum's shirts, what more could you want? Can go straight from work and enjoy High Barnet's boozers, have a singsong and more importantly :smesh:
Now I don't have to go and watch Barnet :avblol:

Back
Top Bottom