Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought this kid deserves a thread. Recent news coming that he has signed a pro-contract with the club.

He was followed by almost every major club and was considered a jewel of Europe by Barcelona scouts who wanted him to sign for La Masia.

He has long been considered one of the most talented young players in England. Hopefully Poch's dream of having an Academy 11 starting for Spurs ends up with this jewel in the middle!

Who has seen him play in person? Each time I see this video I always say that he reminds me of a Dembele that always goes forward. My question is, how often does he shoot?

Who has seen him play in person? Each time I see this video I always say that he reminds me of a Dembele that always goes forward. My question is, how often does he shoot?

Saw him in person once when he came on as a sub, he can basically turn several times before you can blink.

Reminds me more of a Hazard if anyone when dribbling. Insane agility, very cultured left foot too, loves using the outside of the foot. From clips I've seen he can hit them, even with his weaker right foot. Also threads some nice throughballs.

Reminds me of Maradona rather than Messi. Low centre of gravity and virtually impossible to get the ball off him or knock him over.

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing his progress, looks a cracking prospect and heard nothing but positive things about him.

Another one of the benefits of Poch? By having a coaching staff with a mentality and philosophy of giving talented and hard working kids a shot, this could be the difference between us getting and promoting exciting prospects and some of the other bigger named ones getting all the talent.

When it comes down to it, they just want to play, so the team that offers them the best chance of that is far more attractive than others.

Goodness, this clip, although inspiring and fills me full of hope, makes me feel positively ancient! I remember Stevie P, Hod and countless others being promising young things. Let's hope that Young Marcus turns out to be more Hoddle than (Ally) Dick.
I concur with ILS that we have a slight edge in recruiting youngsters with high potential, as we have a reputation of giving them a decent chance of playing time.

Well he's at the right club. We have the coaching, the facilities and the opportunities with the first team.

As someone said already, he very much like Maradona.

At school I played with a kid who also was called Marcus and he was very good, able to turn players, run past five or six, brilliant. But he just never passed . He didn't make it. I think he didn't work hard enough. Anyway, point is it's fucking frustrating plying against someone like this, it makes you look a fool.

Jesus fucking holy Christ on the cross... THIS GUY'S AWESOME!!
surely deserves a start on Boxing Day??

...but in all seriousness, they're gonna have to allow extra space in the new stadium for all the hard-ons when the likes of Alli, Edwards and Oduwa are all spread across our midfield!!

Well he's at the right club. We have the coaching, the facilities and the opportunities with the first team.

As someone said already, he very much like Maradona.

At school I played with a kid who also was called Marcus and he was very good, able to turn players, run past five or six, brilliant. But he just never passed . He didn't make it. I think he didn't work hard enough. Anyway, point is it's fucking frustrating plying against someone like this, it makes you look a fool.

If you play against them at least its just up to you to do something about it. Get better and get the fuckers.

If you play with them on the other hand. Now that's frustrating. Can't stand players who won't pass the ball.

Saw him in yesterdays training vid too.
EDIT: Sorry just noticed this posted already. Schoolboy error a) Don't post Marcus Edwards stuff in Marcus Edwards thread b) Should have checked in the obvious place the Transfer thread first even though he is one of our players and therefore we will not be buying him.

Last edited:

Saw him in yesterdays training vid too.
EDIT: Sorry just noticed this posted already. Schoolboy error a) Don't post Marcus Edwards stuff in Marcus Edwards thread b) Should have checked in the obvious place the Transfer thread first even though he is one of our players and therefore we will not be buying him.

Technically he hasn't signed a contract with us yet...... soo......

:pritchardeyes:

Technically he hasn't signed a contract with us yet...... soo......

:pritchardeyes:
Technically speaking his is under contract with us, an academy contract paying him £45k pa. He hasn't signed a pro-contract. The contract mentioned in the tweet, we have no-idea if this is an improved academy contract or a pro-contract.

Technically speaking his is under contract with us, an academy contract paying him £45k pa. He hasn't signed a pro-contract. The contract mentioned in the tweet, we have no-idea if this is an improved academy contract or a pro-contract.

It's a pro contract, as he'll be 18 in December. You can't sign a pro-contract until you're 17, which he did not when he turned 17 and seems to have been in a stand off since, waiting on a guarantee that he will get game time, as he could earn 10 times as much and not play for City/Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom