Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is written as if he has already left the club. If he doesn't feature in pre-season we will know the bridges with Poch have been burned.

I thought it came across as positive and that he wants to get his head down at Tottenham...
I agree. Just finished reading it and it give an interesting insight into how he has found things so far. The positives being that he has realised that being a professional in the adult game is different to being a star of the youth team.
He has learnt about doing things for the team, tracking back etc - all the things he was apparently asked to do before by the Spurs coaches but didn't really want to/see the point in.
Who knows he may turn it around yet?

Just a bit of PR really, might be from the kids side to see if anyone is interested in him. Is probably a bit concerned with being put on the scrap heap next year or having to jump down several divisions.

The proof will be in the pudding, he needs to apply himself.

I do feel once training is over players need to sit down and do an hour of studying in social awareness and perception. They can also use this time to speak to someone about their unique situation and how to cope with it and life after football. Seems strange they all leave on mass to either play golf or their Xbox.

Why would he agree to one?

Security. Huge gamble seeing out a contract when he's yet to prove himself. If gets an ACL he's in shit street. He's shown enough to get a 3 year 30k contract imo. He'll make it at some level without question. All the pieces could fit into place and he could become a hell of a player. A loan to a mid table Bundersliga club would be ideal for him.

Security. Huge gamble seeing out a contract when he's yet to prove himself. If gets an ACL he's in shit street. He's shown enough to get a 3 year 30k contract imo. He'll make it at some level without question. All the pieces could fit into place and he could become a hell of a player. A loan to a mid table Bundersliga club would be ideal for him.

See out his contract?

We'll fuck him off this summer.

I thought it came across as positive and that he wants to get his head down at Tottenham...
I don't think so mate. I personally think he has no real love at all towards Spurs, or football in general for that matter. He's the antithesis of what Poch wants in a player and will be moved on as soon as an offer comes in I would imagine.

I don't think so mate. I personally think he has no real love at all towards Spurs, or football in general for that matter. He's the antithesis of what Poch wants in a player and will be moved on as soon as an offer comes in I would imagine.

Ridiculous thing to say. Clearly one of his biggest issues has been his introverted character and possibly some form of social anxiety. The kid obviously lives for football and has Spurs is the club he'd like to make it at but it's probably come to the point where he has to consider all options.

Ridiculous thing to say. Clearly one of his biggest issues has been his introverted character and possibly some form of social anxiety. The kid obviously lives for football and has Spurs is the club he'd like to make it at but it's probably come to the point where he has to consider all options.
I feel like if the issues were purely down to shyness and an unfounded case of social anxiety as you say, Pochettino and the club would not have turfed him out as they did.

As for the 'lives for football' claim, what are you basing that on? He comes across to me as a kid who was insanely talented as a youngster, and as a result a career in football fell into his lap. He's been hyped up since he was about 15 when Sherwood first mentioned him, and then Poch calling him the mini Messi two years later only added to his already massively swelled head and he turned into a bit of a bellend who thought he could just coast through without doing any real work at all bar getting the ball and dribbling at players. He even alludes to this himself in the interview.

If there is one player he should study it's Bernado Silva. Similar statures and body type, same position.

Aside from the ability the single greatest asset Silva has is his work rate. I thought he was Play of the year last year, he's a sensational talent that works his nuts off every single game no matter who the oppo are.

Anyone banging on about "needs to bulk up" can do one! Edwards is slightly bigger and heavier than both Bernado and David Silva!! Edwards has the talent, has he got the minerals?

Hopefully he can sit down and have a chat with Poch pre-season. If he was sent on out there to develop an understanding of the professional game and what is actually required of him to be a professional, and he feels he has developed this understanding, and if he can persuade Poch that he has, I'm sure he'll be given a chance to prove it.

He's a hell of a talent to write off, and I'd like to think that we would be inclined to give him a chance to prove he has what it takes to make it at the top level.

If there is one player he should study it's Bernado Silva. Similar statures and body type, same position.

Aside from the ability the single greatest asset Silva has is his work rate. I thought he was Play of the year last year, he's a sensational talent that works his nuts off every single game no matter who the oppo are.

Anyone banging on about "needs to bulk up" can do one! Edwards is slightly bigger and heavier than both Bernado and David Silva!! Edwards has the talent, has he got the minerals?
No, they don't have similar statures and body type. Bernardo is 2-3 inches taller than Edwards and at least a stone heavier. He is a good role model for Edwards though,

Last edited:
In both Transfermarket and on Wikipedia he is taller and heavier than both of them!!
Who is taller and heavier? Your statement needs clarifying. Bernado is 5' 8''. Edwards is 5'5''.
To put things into perspective, most of the England women players are bigger than Edwards.

Who is taller and heavier? Your statement needs clarifying. Bernado is 5' 8''. Edwards is 5'5''.
To put things into perspective, most of the England women players are bigger than Edwards.
NOTHING needs clarifying, go onto transfermarket, both Silva’s are listed as being smaller than Edwards (Wikipedia also shows this).

If only David & Bernado were bigger perhaps they too could make it in the woman’s game!??!

NOTHING needs clarifying, go onto transfermarket, both Silva’s are listed as being smaller than Edwards (Wikipedia also shows this).

If only David & Bernado were bigger perhaps they too could make it in the woman’s game!??!
Obviously Transfermarket have got their facts wrong! Like you Guido, I have seen Marcus Edwards up close and he is really small mate. He is always the smallest player on the pitch. You shoulda gone to Specsavers.
There is a reason why he has not progressed that much. it's because he is really small.
If he ever plays in the premier league we will all be able to see just how small he is. And that is all I have to say on the matter.

Last edited:
You shoulda gone to Specsavers.
Premier-League-Leicester-City-vs-Newcastle-United.jpg

Back
Top Bottom