You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by YidDriver, 19 Dec 2015.

1. Airfixx

Swollen Member

So you don't peddle your opinion on players here? :pochrolleyes:

BAE's point was about supporting the team, rather than demanding from the stands that the players are infallible robots who never make mistakes.

2. Cravenspurs

• Like x 1
  3. Totti

In Bennetts case, most likely. Though saying that, I don't think he was ever "Highly rated" amongst youth watchers like Onomah, Winks, Kane, KWP etc. were and he's not even made a single squad appearance for Gladbach this season (Though no idea if he's been injured)

In terms of Madueke, he was 16. No one worth a damn is going to give him game time at that age (loan-wise). Nothing we could do with that one I am afraid, just someone who wanted to go PSV and try something new elsewhere. Just one of those where it was totally out of our hands.

Interesting Reo Griffiths isnt on the list either. Though, like I predicted, I imagine he'll have left Lyon and playing in English lower leagues within a few years. Not surprised Edwards isn't on the list by the way, he isn't particularly known all too well outside the Spurs bubble, can barely get in England youth teams and is playing for a team known for fighting relegation in the Dutch league whereas all those mentioned are at top clubs abroad.

4. bus-conductor

Tricks? He is taking on and beating men in one of Europe's leagues, he's 19yo, he's got a lot of learning to do, but just being able to control the ball like that and beat players is a very good skill that many try and fail at. I mean, fuck me, it's like you haven't been watching Sissoko trundle around, creating the square root of fuck all for two and half years at a cost of 5m a year. Edwards is costing us about a 50th of that and produces about the same already.

• Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
  5. Clynelish

On the bench unfortunately. :pochunimpressed:

• Funny x 1
  6. TomHotspur

Erm....maybe fortunately....

• Funny x 5
  7. SausageVince

Scumbags of the revolution

I agree that Edwards brings as much value as Sissoko. But that doesn’t say much. Edwards is a pointless player. He’s a you tube freestyler and that’s his level. He’s not a footballer

• Disagree x 1
  8. bus-conductor

He's clearly got some ability. Maybe with good coaching and maturity he can develop. Why don't we wait until he's at least out of teens before completely writing him off?

• Agree x 1
  9. Totti

That gives him 22 days.

• Funny x 12
  10. SausageVince

Because I know how to evaluate a player. I know what I’m looking at.

I wrote him off a long time ago. I received abuse on here. Now the tide has turned.

Same thing happened with Onomah.

You’ll also notice that the players I back normally come through. I have an undeniably strong track record. Maybe if you stick at it you can develop one, I’d stay clear of the specious show ponies though.

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  11. KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness

Who have you backed?

12. TomHotspur

Our own manager likened the kid to Messi. Now I know in hindsight those comments were ill advised and clearly had an adverse effect on him, but for Poch to have made them comments at all, considering how reserved he normally is in personal praise of players, would lead me to believe Edwards at least at one point had something very special about him.

13. Totti

Didn't he just liken his style to Messi? As in he has low centre of gravity, relatively quick and can turn in a phone-box?

Those comments have really gotten taken out of context. I know and play football with many people who have that same style as Messi, low centre of gravity, small, quick feet, good dribblers etc.

14. TomHotspur

Yeah you might be right, but surely for a 17 year old to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Messi it had to have been a signal of how highly Poch rated him.

15. The Dane

Christ, fuck off will you

• Funny x 1
  16. SausageVince

McGinn
    Wink
    Tadic
    Moura
    Off the top of my head

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  17. StuG

Edgar Davids was the last one

• Funny x 2
  18. SausageVince

Might fuck off to Denmark and cycle around Legoland trying to sell pølse to health freaks.

• Funny x 3
  19. Guido

20. Rocket

Unused sub in an away win over Emmen this weekend. Doesn't bode well.

• Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info