Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You take the big three and the teams right down like vitesse herenveen groningen and só and the rest of the league is league two standard. And I don’t know if I’m being generous. The French league without Paris would actually be amazing entertaining
Very similar to the Portugese league I d say.

I would say league one rather then league two as the technical standard in Holland is superior to lower league English football

Very similar to the Portugese league I d say.

I would say league one rather then league two as the technical standard in Holland is superior to lower league English football
Portuguese league is the Dutch on steroids. We have much better defensive football and our teams are actually pretty decent tactically. All of the managers in our league arer Portuguese. And Portuguese managers are amazing. Not biased.

I hope that it works out for him and that he learns from the experience. Most of us do daft things when we're 19, thinking we know everything, when we actually know squat!
You never know, it could be like a new signing for us ;)

Started and played the full 90 minutes for Excelsior tonight in a 3-3 draw with Heerenveen.

Apparently he had a really really good game aswell. Here are some of the things I found on Twitter:

Translation: That Marcus Edwards really shows great things! For such a player you come to the stadium man. #exchee

Can't wait to see what happens when he comes up against the likes of Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV.

Started and played the full 90 minutes for Excelsior tonight in a 3-3 draw with Heerenveen.

Apparently he had a really really good game aswell. Here are some of the things I found on Twitter:

That moment before you realise you're reading Dutch... :pochshock:

Dnu-YmWXoAEchUN.jpg

Well they got battered 3-0 by PSV - so doubt they'd make a team of the week.

Maybe we should be sniffing about their CBs instead then. : P

That said, hopefully they'll miserably fail their audition in the CL group.

Maybe we should be sniffing about their CBs instead then. : P

That said, hopefully they'll miserably fail their audition in the CL group.
PSV are the dominant team in Holland these days. Won 3 of the last 4 leagues (Feyenoord winning the 4th).

That said Ajax probably has a better academy still but there are some fine players in PSV

Apparently been sent off tonight. Not sure why.

Always a story with this kid.

Edit: just read it was a second yellow for a dive, apparently he made no appeals for a penalty and the decision was harsh

I hope he does well.
Yet if it’s true about his mates then Rotterdam isn’t the best place. Sure they will be going over to see him.

Hope he gets something out of this and comes back ready to do what it takes, signs a new contract and makes the first team like most of the other have done.

He looks very good in those clips. I hope his off the ball work improves over there as I think that was poch's main issue. There is no doubting the lads ability. I hope he hasn't become disillusioned at Spurs and move on following this loan spell.

Started on Saturday but got hooked after 62 minutes in a 2-0 loss away against Zwolle, who leap frogged Excelsior with that result.

On a side note PSV are absolutely flying. Pld 8, Won 8, GF 30, GA 3. They are not going to be pushovers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom