Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought we did with Roda JC, although may be this tie up never got over the line?????
I personally think we should look at setting up a relationship with one of the smaller teams in France. Bit of a bigger league than Holland even if not by astronomical figures. And they get to test themselves against the top teams of Paris, Monaco, Lyon and Marseille.

I really hate the excuse culture in our societies. Everything has to be someone else's fault or a medical condition. He's a spoiled immature child, with dickheads for mates, that can't turn up for work on time. The world is full of them. He doesn't have a medical condition, he's just got no work ethic.
Most likely you're right bro.

It's just his eyes look socially dead to me, seems not right.

Most likely you're right bro.

It's just his eyes look socially dead to me, seems not right.
Emo+dog+because+theres+to+many+happy+pets+on+the_b22779_5343268.jpg

Well if he or the mates he’s hangs with like a puff - as seen with the rizla in the car- just remember Rotterdam has coffee shops and is an hour away from Amsterdam by train.

I think this move will do him the world of good. If he stays out of trouble then hopefully he'll get a better loan move next season. Would be nice to see him in our squad next season, but not sure how Poch would feel about that

I think this move will do him the world of good. If he stays out of trouble then hopefully he'll get a better loan move next season. Would be nice to see him in our squad next season, but not sure how Poch would feel about that
Hopefully he's included in this 'fresh start from 0' that Poch talks about, and providing he has a good loan season, he will be properly introduced to our team

Excelsior winning 1-2.

Looks like Edwards is going to play the full 90 minutes. He had in a hand in the first goal and got an assist for the second goal.

Should be great for his confidence.

There’s no better league in the world for an attacking player. If he plays regularly he should get decent numbers and good confidence.
What does he learn by embarrassing a load of flat footed part-timers? I'd much prefer to see him getting run outs in the league cup. Still, he's only 19 so he has time

What does he learn by embarrassing a load of flat footed part-timers? I'd much prefer to see him getting run outs in the league cup. Still, he's only 19 so he has time
Gains confidence like I said. Never talked about improving. But the Dutch league is obviously better than playing on or reserves and living in another country will for sure make him grow as a person and human being.

Gains confidence like I said. Never talked about improving. But the Dutch league is obviously better than playing on or reserves and living in another country will for sure make him grow as a person and human being.
Hopefully, there is certainly the talent in there. My worry would be he comes back thinking he's Messi again and tries dribbling like that against real defenders. I don't think anyone's said he lacks confidence, quite the opposite is what I've heard

I personally think we should look at setting up a relationship with one of the smaller teams in France. Bit of a bigger league than Holland even if not by astronomical figures. And they get to test themselves against the top teams of Paris, Monaco, Lyon and Marseille.
the french league is miles better than the Dutch, the defending in holland is a joke.

I'm not fond of the dutch league myself but there are a lot of good teams with good history in there and he gets to play first team football, in a professional league that holds teams like PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord for instance and is known for letting youngsters evolve (i think they have the youngest lineups in Europe on average) + attacking football.
You compare that to a few league cup games against weakened opposition and some b team football ?

oh and i would love to receive the wages these 'part timers' get in Holland

Back
Top Bottom