Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having a Dutch feeder club would be pretty spot on.

Aim to play football the right way, game time and a decent level.

Chelsea do it with Vitesse. Man City send their promising youngsters over there. We could do a lot worse. I'd much rather send an exciting talent like Edwards to the Dutch league for first team football than see him playing with cloggers in the Championship.

Don't understand why people are knocking it , I wish more English players did it.
The Eredivisie was never a good league. 3 top sides with 1-2 decent sides but the rest are basically division 3 standards (and they never heard of defending, 10-0 happens like once a season).

It also got significantly worse over the past few years. Hence going to a tiny side there isn’t really a good place to learn the trade unlike even bundesliga II or the Austrian bundesliga.

But I think part of the consideration was to get him away from England and his stupid mates who tell him he’s the new Jesus

Anyway, I personally don’t really have any hopes for him in the future. I was never a believer.

The Eredivisie was never a good league. 3 top sides with 1-2 decent sides but the rest are basically division 3 standards (and they never heard of defending, 10-0 happens like once a season).

It also got significantly worse over the past few years. Hence going to a tiny side there isn’t really a good place to learn the trade unlike even bundesliga II or the Austrian bundesliga.

But I think part of the consideration was to get him away from England and his stupid mates who tell him he’s the new Jesus

Anyway, I personally don’t really have any hopes for him in the future. I was never a believer.
Completely agree....no good players have ever developed in the eredivisie. Fucking toilet league.

:pocheyes:

Serious thought.

Anyone think he might have aspergers or autism or something?

Would explain his demeanor, actions and any lack of understanding on his part regarding the reactions to his behaviour whether passive or not.

Not in Excelsior. This is not Ajax or AZ. It’s a Feyenoord feeder club. If that was the best loan deal he could find it’s telling
He got sacked from his last position because he didn't turn up to work on time a single day he was there. This is probably the best loan deal he could find. And yes, it is telling, but that's nothing we didn't already know...can't believe anyone would expect him to land a good loan after what he did at Norwich.

Serious thought.

Anyone think he might have aspergers or autism or something?

Would explain his demeanor, actions and any lack of understanding on his part regarding the reactions to his behaviour whether passive or not.
I really hate the excuse culture in our societies. Everything has to be someone else's fault or a medical condition. He's a spoiled immature child, with dickheads for mates, that can't turn up for work on time. The world is full of them. He doesn't have a medical condition, he's just got no work ethic.

Maybe the move to a side expected to be fighting relegation in a lower league will be a wake up call for the young man. Anyone know anything about their manager?

Maybe the move to a side expected to be fighting relegation in a lower league will be a wake up call for the young man. Anyone know anything about their manager?

It's his first season on the professional level.

Beyond the top clubs in Holland, I don't really know much but just checking out the last few years, they seem to progressively improving. As mentioned before, they were basically a Feyenoord feeder club.

2015-16:
Finished 15th out of 18 teams.
34 goals scored, 60 conceded. 30 points.

2016-17:
Finished 12th out of 18 teams.
43 goals scored, 60 conceded. 37 points.

2017-18:
Finished 11th out of 18 teams.
41 goals scored, 54 conceded. 40 points.

This season, they've only played 3 games. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1.

They obviously have a problem with scoring goals so hopefully some creativity and game time for Edwards could help change that. Will be interesting following them this season and see how Edwards does though.

Last edited:
No. He's probably just a bit shy and immature.
He's showed up late for training a couple of times and is maybe a bit arrogant. People need to relax, they act as if he shows up for training wasted. At one point on spurscommunity they actually discussed whether or not he was mentally ill because he was a bit late for training. Please don't let TFC turn into spurscommunity with these far out theories

He's showed up late for training a couple of times and is maybe a bit arrogant. People need to relax, they act as if he shows up for training wasted. At one point on spurscommunity they actually discussed whether or not he was mentally ill because he was a bit late for training. Please don't let TFC turn into spurscommunity with these far out theories
Reportedly failed to turn up for a single training session on time at Norwich, which is more than a couple of times. The way Poch has basically gone from heaping praise on the youngster to shipping him off where-ever they'll take him with little to no contact with the squad between loans leads me to believe he's had the same issues at Spurs.

I agree on the rest of it, just wanted to clarify that it doesn't seem that his lack of punctuality is an occasional problem at all.

Having a Dutch feeder club would be pretty spot on.

Aim to play football the right way, game time and a decent level.

Chelsea do it with Vitesse. Man City send their promising youngsters over there. We could do a lot worse. I'd much rather send an exciting talent like Edwards to the Dutch league for first team football than see him playing with cloggers in the Championship.
I thought we did with Roda JC, although may be this tie up never got over the line?????

Back
Top Bottom