Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
Like which ones? I bet I could name a few more that are far worse.

Just to confirm by our I meant our league's not Levy alone.

Kroos to Madrid for £22m

Alba to Barca for £11m

Mandzukic to Juve for £13m

J.Martinez to Athletico for £24m

Then there's transfers like the Illaremendi deal to Sociedad which will work out around £12m.

The Alba one was a few years back but had always stood out that there was a World Cup winning full back going for £20m less than Luke Shaw.

All the above fees were for established, champions league winners, World Cup winners or world class footballers.

The £25 talked about for Berahino, the £49m for Sterling, Pardew claiming Bolasie is worth £40m! It's a total joke.

Looks like we will be signing 'Son' for cheaper than the Berahino fee. That's for a player whose played for his country, scored 40+ goals for his club in 3 seasons and played champions league football.

I'm all for signing the players Poch wants but only for the right price

Just to confirm by our I meant our league's not Levy alone.

Kroos to Madrid for £22m

Alba to Barca for £11m

Mandzukic to Juve for £13m

J.Martinez to Athletico for £24m

Then there's transfers like the Illaremendi deal to Sociedad which will work out around £12m.

The Alba one was a few years back but had always stood out that there was a World Cup winning full back going for £20m less than Luke Shaw.

All the above fees were for established, champions league winners, World Cup winners or world class footballers.

The £25 talked about for Berahino, the £49m for Sterling, Pardew claiming Bolasie is worth £40m! It's a total joke.

Looks like we will be signing 'Son' for cheaper than the Berahino fee. That's for a player whose played for his country, scored 40+ goals for his club in 3 seasons and played champions league football.

I'm all for signing the players Poch wants but only for the right price
Got it, and I completely agree. With the rates that some other players have been bought for in the league, it's no wonder why WBA think that they can get £30MM.

I don't personally rate Berahino. I don't feel his market value is higher than £15million. I don't think he would be worth more than 10 million if he wasn't English. So fuck paying 25 Million for him.
Is the fee coming out of your bank account? We need a striker, we should be paying what it takes to get him.

taking pride in the club retaining a positive net spend is nonsense for three reasons
1) Its not the 1980s anymore. The game has evolved due to money and therefore revolves around spending it
2) Its not your money
3) Two points from three fucking games

taking pride in the club retaining a positive net spend is nonsense for three reasons
1) Its not the 1980s anymore. The game has evolved due to money and therefore revolves around spending it
2) Its not your money
3) Two points from three fucking games
Points to games ratio being based on net spend is ridiculous.

West Brom have a -£25,000,000 spend yet they sit bottom of the table with 1 point. Sunderland currently on -£6,000,000 also have 1 point. Newcastle have a net spend of -£44,000,000 and they're level on points with us.

I don't see how anyone being positive about spending less than we get back yet still compete for European places or competing in cup competitions can be considered nonsense. Sure, you don't have to like us not spending but not everyone feels the same way.

Points to games ratio being based on net spend is ridiculous.

West Brom have a -£25,000,000 spend yet they sit bottom of the table with 1 point. Sunderland currently on -£6,000,000 also have 1 point. Newcastle have a net spend of -£44,000,000 and they're level on points with us.

I don't see how anyone being positive about spending less than we get back yet still compete for European places or competing in cup competitions can be considered nonsense. Sure, you don't have to like us not spending but not everyone feels the same way.

I reiterate. Its not your money, im not bothered by figures just results. I trust the blokes that own the club will not let it go under and I think they are able to get in the right players (at a cost) without breaking the bank. I believe we are able to make more logical choices in the market than sports direct and west brom, hence their financial failings.

West Brom racing to Twitter to publically out the Spurs over another bid ? I've seen teenage girls with more self control via twitter. Embarrassing

Last edited:
Well, makes sense I guess...if he doesn't want them why should he play them.

Because as you have been so happy to point out for the last 2 wks, there are three other people involved in our tranfsers.

Poch is not in charge of players coming in, and he knew that when he agreed to work under a DoF.

The club has spent money on Yedlin, Fazio,Tripper, Wimmer and Njie.
Then there's the Stambouli farce...a player we actually need.

Are you saying its ok for Poch to throw a tantrum and bench people because they were signed above his head?

Last edited:
Is the fee coming out of your bank account? We need a striker, we should be paying what it takes to get him.

Like that matters? I'm almost certain every single spurs fan has at some point complained about the 26 and 30 million fees paid for Lamela and Soldado. Yet that money didn't come out of their bank account.

I don't rate the player at anywhere near £25 million, so I think I have the right to think it would be pretty fucking shambolic if we did shell it out for him.

Like that matters? I'm almost certain every single spurs fan has at some point complained about the 26 and 30 million fees paid for Lamela and Soldado. Yet that money didn't come out of their bank account.

I don't rate the player at anywhere near £25 million, so I think I have the right to think it would be pretty fucking shambolic if we did shell it out for him.
I'm never sure what we really do pay for anyone. I suspect it's a lot less than our spin / press department release ( if they do ) as for a lot of players it seems to be "undisclosed"

The payments are then spread over the duration of a players contract for accounting reasons, Players are assets that they depreciate season on season and are generally moved on for more than the balance sheet records there value to be.

An example would be Lamela; he was 25 million. I am guessing 10 million was paid up front maximum & 15 million was spread over 4 years of his contract. With his asset sheet balance value falling just under 4 million a year. It means that after 2 years around 18 million sees THFC breaking even should he be sold on....strangely his transfer fee is being talked about as 20 million to Inter......

The way Spurs player trade means that we are much more profitable than many realise in paper terms...going back to Berhino the problem won't be his initial value, it is almost certainly the "risk" of his value in 3/4 years time that is the blocker. Still he's not coming so it don't matter !

I'm never sure what we really do pay for anyone. I suspect it's a lot less than our spin / press department release ( if they do ) as for a lot of players it seems to be "undisclosed"

The payments are then spread over the duration of a players contract for accounting reasons, Players are assets that they depreciate season on season and are generally moved on for more than the balance sheet records there value to be. An example would be Lamela; he was 25 million. I am guessing 10 million was paid up front Max ( maximum) & 15 million spread over 4 years of his contract. With his asset sheet balance value falling just under 4 million a year. It means that after 2 years around 18 million sees THFC breaking even....strangely his transfer fee is being talked about as 20 million to Inter......

The way Spurs player trade means that we are much more profitable than many realise in real terms...going back to Berhino the problem won't be his initial value, it is almost certainly the "risk" of his value in 3/4 years time that is the issue. Still he's not coming so it don't matter !

My point remains. If you spend 50 quid on a packet of Walkers crisps with nothing super special about them, you're a mug. And even though it's not my 50 quid, if I liked you, I'd rather not see you look like a mug.

Back
Top Bottom