Safe-standing at White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love it.

I take it you've never eaten Indian food?

Strictly bangers and mash every day for you?

Hang on a minute, my best mate is Indian and makes me a curry on a regular basis. I have right wing opinions and views, but that has nothing to do with being racist. I think you may have been reading or listening to the left wing media. Having concerns about the direction of the country, and some of it's crazy liberal attitudes does not make someone a bigot. I take everyone as an individual, but that doesn't mean I have to believe multiculturalism is a workable concept, diversity is a positive move within a tribal specie, and people choosing to become another sex is acceptable. In the life of the majority, political correctness has no place.

Hang on a minute, my best mate is Indian and makes me a curry on a regular basis. I have right wing opinions and views, but that has nothing to do with being racist. I think you may have been reading or listening to the left wing media. Having concerns about the direction of the country, and some of it's crazy liberal attitudes does not make someone a bigot. I take everyone as an individual, but that doesn't mean I have to believe multiculturalism is a workable concept, diversity is a positive move within a tribal specie, and people choosing to become another sex is acceptable. In the life of the majority, political correctness has no place.
Did I call you racist?

The "normal" football supporter (ie the most represented) is white, male, aged between 20-70, is working class, and almost certainly has right wing views. If you fit into this description, you are indeed normal
Can you quote your source for this assertion, or are you just out of date? It's my belief that you're not describing 'the normal fan', you're merely telling us what YOU are and what you choose to perceive.

Here are some facts:
  • 61% of Tottenham season ticket holders are social class AB, the highest percentage in the Premier League (taken from a survey in 2002 - I imagine you'll agree that percentage will have probably have risen in the past 17 years). The survey was conducted by the Sir Norman Chester Centre for Football Research at the University of Leicester, and 80,000 questionnaires were sent out to a sample of season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders at Premier League clubs.
  • “The demographic is altering. Season-ticket holders today are very different from those of 15 or even 10 years ago. Their age and affluence is going up. The average age of a Premier League season-ticket holder is now 44 and a recent survey showed that only around 9% can be classified as working class. That figure used to be around 75-80% and the average age was much younger " 2012, John Keen, deputy chairman of the Football Supporters’ Federation.

You aren't Flannerz.

No idea who that is, but here is a brief history. First game 1971 against Huddersfield, and we won 4-1. I have attended 3 league cup finals, 3 FA cup finals, 3 European cup finals of sorts. Been abroad 11 times, including the forthcoming CL final to see Spurs, and went 12 years without missing a single home game. I find it strange that I get attacked by so many forum members who haven't attended a single game, yet still think they know more about the match day experience and culture than me. I can accept their ignorance, but find their arrogance quite strange

Can you quote your source for this assertion, or are you just out of date? It's my belief that you're not describing 'the normal fan', you're merely telling us what YOU are and what you choose to perceive.

Here are some facts:
  • 61% of Tottenham season ticket holders are social class AB, the highest percentage in the Premier League (taken from a survey in 2002 - I imagine you'll agree that percentage will have probably have risen in the past 17 years). The survey was conducted by the Sir Norman Chester Centre for Football Research at the University of Leicester, and 80,000 questionnaires were sent out to a sample of season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders at Premier League clubs.
  • “The demographic is altering. Season-ticket holders today are very different from those of 15 or even 10 years ago. Their age and affluence is going up. The average age of a Premier League season-ticket holder is now 44 and a recent survey showed that only around 9% can be classified as working class. That figure used to be around 75-80% and the average age was much younger " 2012, John Keen, deputy chairman of the Football Supporters’ Federation.

And that's how sad football has become.

No idea who that is, but here is a brief history. First game 1971 against Huddersfield, and we won 4-1. I have attended 3 league cup finals, 3 FA cup finals, 3 European cup finals of sorts. Been abroad 11 times, including the forthcoming CL final to see Spurs, and went 12 years without missing a single home game. I find it strange that I get attacked by so many forum members who haven't attended a single game, yet still think they know more about the match day experience and culture than me. I can accept their ignorance, but find their arrogance quite strange
He's the guy you just questioned had ever been to a game.

Who I know personally has had a season ticket for years and years.

There was I thinking there had been a huge development in safe standing, silly me, should have known better. I only come here to discuss footie and the odd "what film have I seen?"
Can you guys keep the political arguments to the appropriate threads please, so I know to avoid them, like the plague! Ta muchly.

But you are a bigot - and you're part of a dangerous group of bigots too, those who have promoted the idea of murdering transgender people (you call it euthenasia, so did the Nazis). Last time I looked, that was seriously illegal, to say nothing of morally repugnant. You promote the kind of views that Hitler's supporters espoused and that normal people died to protect this country from. You're a mess, but you can't see it.

Sorry Mrs P, but you can't allow the likes of this guy to get away with it - it's too important.

To be fair, you do come across as a knob, due to the content of your posts.
So that's why you get so much flak. You really don't do yourself any favours.
Just because you have attended as many matches as you say you have, doesn't mean you are an expert, or are someone who deserves some elevated level of respect. If someone is a spectacular wanker, it doesn't matter how often they go, how much they have paid, they are what they are.
Take Piers Morgan as an example

The strange thing is am always very polite, and never use fowl language. I am simply a typical football supporter, rather than the average forum poster

Polite in your bigotry and poorly veiled hatred.....

CLUELESS CUNT.

SCUM.

The "normal" football supporter (ie the most represented) is white, male, aged between 20-70, is working class, and almost certainly has right wing views. If you fit into this description, you are indeed normal

FUCK OFF.

You're the one that needs euthanizing....

Your poor wife.

Any kids? ....Wonder if they realize what a bigoted piece of shit daddy is?

Back
Top Bottom