Safe-standing at White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:(

550704_444754658915565_1896619314_n.jpg

Lads

Once again, we were warned if standing, this was going to happen. Stewards are not cunts for enforcing a rule that is given to them to enforce.

Ben's case is a different issue, but publicly slagging off the club and its staff isn't going to help change anything, whether it be standing at the Lane or the introduction of 1882.

Officials from Tottenham read this board so use your noddle.

To be fair, they didn't miss much on Saturday.

Why not get a ticket in the designated family area as well ??

Surely this!

Would the guy also consider taking his 7-year old to an '18' Film, and then complain there was too much swearing?

Though to be fair, I realise that people can stand sit where they want in the stadium, but if the Paxton is already a designated 'Family' stand, then maybe they should make the Park Lane 16's and over... hang onnnnn a second
I might be onto summit.... the Park lane ADULT stand!!!

Lads

Once again, we were warned if standing, this was going to happen. Stewards are not cunts for enforcing a rule that is given to them to enforce.

Ben's case is a different issue, but publicly slagging off the club and its staff isn't going to help change anything, whether it be standing at the Lane or the introduction of 1882.

Officials from Tottenham read this board so use your noddle.

My response to that was due to what happened to Ben. You should not be thrown out of the stadium for celebrating a goal just by standing up, warning before or not. The stewards can enforce the no persistent standing as per the clubs instructions (and law) but this is utterly ridiculous. Respect is a two way thing, if us fans respect the wishes of the stewards and club by sitting down, I don't expect to be kicked out of the stadium for jumping up and celebrating a goal, seeing as goals are what we go to football to see and enjoy.

My response to that was due to what happened to Ben. You should not be thrown out of the stadium for celebrating a goal just by standing up, warning before or not. The stewards can enforce the no persistent standing as per the clubs instructions (and law) but this is utterly ridiculous. Respect is a two way thing, if us fans respect the wishes of the stewards and club by sitting down, I don't expect to be kicked out of the stadium for jumping up and celebrating a goal, seeing as goals are what we go to football to see and enjoy.

I don't disagree with you. I've spoken to Ben I know what happened there wasn't a simple case of flouting the rules.

My point is that the philosophy of 'they're cunts' means we're going to get nowhere fast, regardless of context. The FSF are excellent in dealing with complaints from fans.

I'm not telling anyone what they can and can't say, just thinking that we're asking the club to be more open to making what we deem to be positive changes for the match day experience, and this sort of thing is counter productive.

Ben, might not want to send around a photo with your full address...But leave "Pekham" visible so we can laugh at it.

Filled out the survey. I think it's worth a try, even if I personally would be unlikely to stand (small woman, easily knocked over, actually want to see what's happening on the pitch). Any idea how much cheaper a standing ticket would be compared to a seated one?

I filled this out ages ago, and still not heard anything about it having been or being given to the club... Is it going to be given to the club or is this just some perverse thing you peeps behind the pod/website have?

I thought that, too...why do I have to be in a bracket with a 50 year old?

This is what has been keeping me awake at night, that and my need to urinate if I drink tea after 9pm...

Never mind payin for safe standing we need to spend money on the team. Get the cash out Mr Lewis and back the manager.coys

Given that standing areas would increase capacity and with it more money, this doesn't really make sense.

Also if levy said we need to charge £100 a ticket so we can buy more players would you be happy to do so? There's more important things in football than buying players ffs.

Back
Top Bottom