Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, I don't need to, because Davies's zero goals, zero assists, tenth of a dribble per game and half a key pass speak for themselves. Anyone saying Sessegnon doesn't take enough risks and "I can't wait for Davies to get back" to see more risk is clearly just saying (bollocks) stuff for the sake of saying stuff.

Greasy Blakey..... Greasy.

‘There are’ - not ‘there’s’ (which as you know is a contraction of ‘there is’). An ugly solution would be to use ‘there’re’, which is grammatically correct, but it looks terrible, and in speech it’s virtually indistinguishable from ‘there’. It’s much easier to use the extra word as in ‘there are’.

I knew what you both meant though.

I think in this case the aesthetic appeal of "there's" makes it preferable to the ugliness of "there're", Even though the latter is actually correct, the former sounds perfectly good, and the rules are grammar are ultimately formed around how people use language.

It very much depends on one's writing style. You could, of course, as you point out, write "there are", but if one likes to write giving thought to the cadence of one's words as if they're being spoken, it's much more preferable to use contractions when writing.

Last edited:
(Well done you)

I didn't start the comparison of Davies and Sessegnon's attacking merits, Sammy did. I just pointed out the daftness of what he said.
Why have you and KD completely made up the attacking bit?

I never said a single word about attacking I simply said “do something with the ball”.

And if you think Sessegnon is attacking anything other the halfway line then good for you.

Why have you and KD completely made up the attacking bit?

I never said a single word about attacking I simply said “do something with the ball”.

And if you think Sessegnon is attacking anything other the halfway line then good for you.

Yeah, of course sammy, when you said:

Just very boring
Call it safe if you want but if you’re not prepared to “risk” running with a ball, you have no right to be in the pitch.

Can’t wait for Davies to get back

You meant you want him to defend less boring and take more risks with his defending?

I think you are confusing Davies with Atouba aren’t you?

Yeah, of course sammy, when you said:

You meant you want him to defend less boring and take more risks with his defending?

I think you are confusing Davies with Atouba aren’t you?
I never mentioned attacking whatsoever.
I specifically said

Im not looking at either for goals, I’m looking for LB who does something with the ball.
Of the three, only Davies really does that.

I’m happy for our full backs to bring the ball half way up the pitch and give it an AM as opposed to tapping it one meter backwards to a CB

Like his off the ball movement, which probably at his age would be best suited as a winger or wing back as opposed to a flat out full back.

He does look short on confidence though and perhaps needs that one thing to come off to get that flowing.

He's 19 years old. Play him as a winger whilst Son is playing up top or play him as a left wing back in a 3 at the back system.

Non-entity performance yet again, well, apart from the silly pen challenge.
I just wanna see this kid show some more courage on the ball, take a bloody risk or two. As yet, a big fat nothing

If he was a kettle, you'd be taking it back to Argos about now. Just looks a complete non entity. You have to hope there's more to come but it's fair to say he's been a dissapointment.

I liked his first half performance, but he was a liability in that second half. Still don't think that that was a penalty though...

It looks like he has a confidence problem (quite normal given his age). Playing him in a position that doesn't really suit him can't help. Once Davies returns, we should be able to use him in a more advanced role.

Back
Top Bottom