Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely a knob tho'. :)
200.gif

I think Sessegnon was bought primarily for future seasons and will be on the fringes this year. He’s only 19 and his best position on the field is TBD, but anywhere along the left side there is a long list of players ahead of him: Rose, Davies, Son, Dele.

It’s always possible he pulls a Dele and comes in as a teenager and lights it up but it’s not what I’m expecting.

He's played in about (100 Championship games and about 30 games in Premier League - and is still only 19.

Far more experienced than your post suggests - and I've no doubt he'll play in a number of games this season in PL CL and domestic cups.
Just another reason why all that experience in the 2nd division amounts to nothing when it comes to the premier league. Bloke is just another Nkoudou, but with the hype because of his British passport.

I think Sessegnon was bought primarily for future seasons and will be on the fringes this year. He’s only 19 and his best position on the field is TBD, but anywhere along the left side there is a long list of players ahead of him: Rose, Davies, Son, Dele.

It’s always possible he pulls a Dele and comes in as a teenager and lights it up but it’s not what I’m expecting.

Agreed... One question though... TBD?

I think the majority of our squad these days has been signed with a really big eye on the future. At present our squad can field the following 23 years and under starting XI:

[FORMATION=4321,WHITEMAN,WALKER-PETERS,SANCHEZ,FOYTH,SESSEGNON,WINKS,SKIPP,NDOMBELE,LO CELSO,CLARKE,PARROTT][/FORMATION]

It'll be interesting to see which 3rd choice GK gets the nod as we currently have 3 academy players pushing for that slot but when you look at that team it's really promising to see how the club has safeguarded its future. All of these boys could turn out for our PL2 team so along with Sessegnon we are very well covered all over.

Just another reason why all that experience in the 2nd division amounts to nothing when it comes to the premier league. Bloke is just another Nkoudou, but with the hype because of his British passport.

ermmm he has an Irish passport, not British.

And at 19 he's played more Premier League matches than most before him. So no surprise I think he will play a fair amount this season, although only a limited number of starts (unless there are injuries) whilst he gets to grips with playing with better players

And there is already a lot more to his game than N'Koudou who is pretty much limited to speed only

Bri. Do you want to talk about it?

But on a serious note and by all means go off topic if necessary, but is there any aspect of the the club that you believe is an achievement, something you can applaud

And I’m not being facetious or any of that subtext, it’s a genuine question to you

ermmm he has an Irish passport, not British.

And at 19 he's played more Premier League matches than most before him. So no surprise I think he will play a fair amount this season, although only a limited number of starts (unless there are injuries) whilst he gets to grips with playing with better players

And there is already a lot more to his game than N'Koudou who is pretty much limited to speed only

Sessegnon is Irish??? :pochshock2: ahaaa, just like Vertonghen is Dutch :pocheyes:

Clearly the right move for Ryan as Klopp only thought of him as back up to Robertson and as an LB. Rather than attack LWB or left sided attacker.

Yeh, With their 1st teamer so young, that woulda been a dumb move....

There's a pathway for him here given Rose's age and outlook (+ Ben's presumed utility status).

How good is this kid, actually? All that gets spoken about is his age.

What's his two-way game like? Can he tackle? Does he have defensive situational awareness? Is he tactically adept beyond his years? Technique (close control, passing, crossing, one and two touch etc.)? Is he good off both feet, does he overlap well? And so on and so forth.

Basically, are we looking at a potential elite talent here or someone who is going to get 'found out' as he rises through the ranks?

Back
Top Bottom