Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cahill is a terrible person though. Look at any photo of him and note the dead eyes, the eyes most murderers have.
No doubt he meant that, he is well known for his over the top nasty "tackles".
Proper thug.

I always remember how Taylor ruined Eduardo's career, never really believed that he was going for the ball and that he was sorry. Dirty little bastards.

Cahill after taking out Rose also kicked Kane in the back in front of the ref. No red, no media attention etc joke.

Genuinely would love for him to receive a career ending injury.

It was a coward's "tackle", one player going for the ball the other going for the player. Makes me sad and angry!
And Cahill laid down afterwards pretending he was hurt, reminded me of when Fashanu elbowed Mabbutt and stayed down afterwards.

3167UNILAD-imageoptim-PA-29835854.jpg

It was a coward's "tackle", one player going for the ball the other going for the player. Makes me sad and angry!
And Cahill laid down afterwards pretending he was hurt, reminded me of when Fashanu elbowed Mabbutt and stayed down afterwards.

Never seen that photo, if anyone needs proof it was a premedicated act there it is. I really hope Cahill gets his cumuppance - absolute scum.

Last edited:

Before we next play the Chavs again Poch should invite Ryan Mason into the dressing room and give the players a speech.

Then let Dembele or Wanyama go in two-footed on Cahill and fuck the consequences.

Wait until the game is won though.

That looks every inch an intentional butt.
I reckon that nobody in sport wants to believe that one sportsman could deliberately inflict such damage on another.
I don’t recall it, but was there any existing “needle” between them?
Sickening image that.

For perspective on how bad a challenge that is (in Hull’s half, no less) - I can’t even imagine Toby or Jan going into a heading challenge like that.

Properly scummy action and Cahill’s knee will buckle in the next match if there’s such a thing as karma.

Never seen that photo but certainly does look like he is going for the nut rather than the ball

Was going to say about that just seen the bit of him on soccer am.

I wonder how long he has known he won't be able to play again, I would want a little time before going public. He seems pretty com about it when he talks about it

I always remember how Taylor ruined Eduardo's career, never really believed that he was going for the ball and that he was sorry. Dirty little bastards.

Cahill's was much worse in my opinion, he didn't have control going full force like that, it was unnecessary to do that. If you do that and you hit a person then there's always going to be a high chance of serious injury. When Mason says he feels lucky to be alive I think he is spot on.

I remember someone saying when he was in the Academy he was much more studious than the others. If he can teach and lead, he could be a very good coach. If not, he'll probably make an excellent technical director.
Pochettino said the other day, when talking about Mason, that he understood everything they were trying to implement almost immediately, far before many of his more experienced team mates. He spoke glowingly about his character and his 'football brain.'

I think he will be a manager eventually, and I hope that road starts with a coaching gig in some capacity at Spurs. He's actually the type of guy that you'd love to see manage us at some stage in the future when he's more experienced.

I retract my comment earlier, with apologies. That pic is very damning. I know its only a still frame, but looking at the way Cahill's head is positioned in relation to Ryans upward stance, suggests to me it was at "best" a cunt challenge, at "worst" a premeditated attempt to harm.

Pochettino said the other day, when talking about Mason, that he understood everything they were trying to implement almost immediately, far before many of his more experienced team mates. He spoke glowingly about his character and his 'football brain.'

I think he will be a manager eventually, and I hope that road starts with a coaching gig in some capacity at Spurs. He's actually the type of guy that you'd love to see manage us at some stage in the future when he's more experienced.
While that would be a great story, he seems a bit too soft spoken to be a manager at such a big club. Can't imagine him giving a team a hairdryer, although in any scenario we would want to see how we went at another club in a first team manager role before us anyway. It would be amazing to see though.

Personally I dont see how that photo proves Cahill meant it, and secondly he didnt. Its a horrific accident, but no more than that.

Horrible to watch, but if you look at that slo mo and still think "Cahill meant it", you've got issues.
Mason clearly flicks the ball away from Cahill and its his own head movement that contacts Cahills head. Cahill has eyes on the ball all the way, and is anticipating the flight before Mason heads it.

He plays for Chelsea, but no need to start an absurd and false hate campaign

Back
Top Bottom