Rumours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not usually one for rumours but given recent performances, it's easy to start looking for reasons and I came across a couple on social media this evening from a supposed Tottenham insider. Among these, it would seem that:

- Eriksen has skipped multiple training sessions
- Moura fell out with Poch after being left out of UCL final and then us blocking his move to Barca.
- Dele and Dier fell out
- KWP was the anon player who went to the press with complaints about the intense training sessions. Poch found out and dropped him, other players in squad also angry with KWP.
- another training ground bust up between staff and players.

Like I say, not usually one for rumours but I've suspected for a while that the squad is divided into 3/4 different mindsets, and some probably dislike each other.

The KWP one interesting, I seem to remember a training clip from the last week or so where some of the players were playing keepy ups and KWP wasnt getting a look in.

I don't know what to make of it, all I know is I want my Tottenham back! Even the Tottenham of the 90s showed signs of promise and entertainment!

all things considered. There is remarkably little real gossip spilling out of the club, it’s such a massive shit show at the moment you would think there would at least be a Danny Rose style car crash happening, yet hardly anything comes.

7 games away from the half way point in the season and an utter cluster fuck....yet almost nothing, even Levy is not hitting the press and it’s his unnamed sources.

all things considered. There is remarkably little real gossip spilling out of the club, it’s such a massive shit show at the moment you would think there would at least be a Danny Rose style car crash happening, yet hardly anything comes.

7 games away from the half way point in the season and an utter cluster fuck....yet almost nothing, even Levy is not hitting the press and it’s his unnamed sources.

For all the tinfoil helmet talk of 'agendas' against us what I find remarkable is just how little there is in the press/wider media at present. Genuinely baffling - a few scraps online. You'd think the media would be all over it.

I'm not usually one for rumours but given recent performances, it's easy to start looking for reasons and I came across a couple on social media this evening from a supposed Tottenham insider. Among these, it would seem that:

- Eriksen has skipped multiple training sessions
- Moura fell out with Poch after being left out of UCL final and then us blocking his move to Barca.
- Dele and Dier fell out
- KWP was the anon player who went to the press with complaints about the intense training sessions. Poch found out and dropped him, other players in squad also angry with KWP.
- another training ground bust up between staff and players.

Like I say, not usually one for rumours but I've suspected for a while that the squad is divided into 3/4 different mindsets, and some probably dislike each other.

The KWP one interesting, I seem to remember a training clip from the last week or so where some of the players were playing keepy ups and KWP wasnt getting a look in.

I don't know what to make of it, all I know is I want my Tottenham back! Even the Tottenham of the 90s showed signs of promise and entertainment!
Not worth a thread.
Eriksen's is possible. You would take your holidays if you're leaving your job in 6 months.
Moura. No.
Dele and Dier is old news. They were close but no longer and that's it, no fall out.
KWP. I don't believe it, He wouldn't do Danny Rose.

For all the tinfoil helmet talk of 'agendas' against us what I find remarkable is just how little there is in the press/wider media at present. Genuinely baffling - a few scraps online. You'd think the media would be all over it.
Too busy spunking up Brendan Rodgers probably to notice.

Perhaps ENIC have also shut it down via their own means.

probably mostly just all thinking “told you so”

Maybe but he is treated with disrespect by Pochettino in my opinion.

I agree with some of what you say but you also forget United away last season so memory fade and being selective are not the dominion of the few over the many.
Imagine Ben Stokes got dropped after the Edgbaston Test in the summer.

This is the equivalent to what happened to Lucas.

I was once dropped by a manager for a cup final, even though I was in great form.
Got no reasonable explanation after I scored in every round.
I was on great terms with the manager but never forgave him and our relationship was fatally damaged. You don't do that to players who give everything for you and not expect consequences.

I think one day that decision and how Pochettino dealt with Rose, Alderweireld and Eriksen will detail much of what has gone wrong in terms of squad mindset and the respect you need on a manager.

I was once dropped by a manager for a cup final, even though I was in great form.
Got no reasonable explanation after I scored in every round.
I was on great terms with the manager but never forgave him and our relationship was fatally damaged. You don't do that to players who give everything for you and not expect consequences.
I bet you didn't score a hat trick in the semi final either 😎

Interesting to see the replies, absolutely take it with a pinch of salt. I was just looking back to try and remember the last game we played where we looked unbeatable, and bar a few games in March, I would probably look back to beating Everton 6-2 last December.

When you think a lot can happen in a year and whilst injuries/fatigue/form can impact a team, none of those take a year to rectify. I've been fully Poch in for a long time but I think hes lost this team. Unless Levy buys 6/7 players in January, I think hes gonna be gone pretty soon.

I'm sure we'll find out, or get a bit more of an indication of what's gone on in the amazon documentary in April.

Interesting to see the replies, absolutely take it with a pinch of salt. I was just looking back to try and remember the last game we played where we looked unbeatable, and bar a few games in March, I would probably look back to beating Everton 6-2 last December.

When you think a lot can happen in a year and whilst injuries/fatigue/form can impact a team, none of those take a year to rectify. I've been fully Poch in for a long time but I think hes lost this team. Unless Levy buys 6/7 players in January, I think hes gonna be gone pretty soon.

I'm sure we'll find out, or get a bit more of an indication of what's gone on in the amazon documentary in April.

Palace 4-0 after 30 mins!!

Not that I disagree overall, but perhaps it’s a bit more like Curran getting a five for in both innings and then getting dropped for Jimmy next game.

I have no problem with that, if Jimmy is absolutely hitting his straps and on form. I do if, like this series gone, he hobbled off after a few overs.

The media are only on it when we are punching above our weight. That is because there are more supporters of other teams wishing to read about our demise then Spurs fans. Now we are out of the running we are no more an interesting story than Everton or Palace. Dipper fans won't read anything without the word Klopp and the scum and manure fans have their own pressing concerns. Spurs are having a nothing season and unless we face a relegation battle, will continue to fly under the radar media wise.

As for rumours and what not, I think the biggest insight we have was what Tripps hinted at earlier this season about things going a bit sour behind the scenes. The club have been at pains to show photos of the team and Poch smiling and laughing at training constantly. That is at direct odds with what we hear about the double training sessions which are anything but hilarious.

There is definitely something afoot - you don't go from an excellent team that's qualified in the top 4 and reached a Champions league final to the dross team we saw yesterday without something going on behind the scenes.

To be honest it may just be a case of 5 years of hard work by the team and Poch have yielded no silverware or titles.

You will only buy into someone's methods for so long before you start to question whether the hard work you're putting in is in vain.

As much as everyone sees Poch as a happy go lucky bloke, he's probably a bit of a Twat if you fall out with him.

There's no way the players are giving him that extra 10 percent that they used to.
We were an excellent team in first half of last season 19 games 45 pts. Then we fell off a cliff. Just hung on for fourth. Played well for short periods in big cl games . The gods were with us and we got to the final.
We have 24 pts from last 24 pl games. If this carries on we won’t be far off bottom 3 by Xmas. Heaven forbid a run of good form by Watford.
We badly need two wins in a row to get us up the table.
Normally 36 pts is enough to stay up but I think more like 38-40 this season.
Let’s not kid ourselves...we are very poor at the moment. Outplayed by Sheffield Utd, stuffed by Brighton.
Harry looked knackered yesterday. Not surprising as he has had a virus. His interview before Red Star game...looked half dead..sunken eyes.
Sub him for last 20 mins yesterday...no chance.
Aguero missed chances today and got subbed.
Poch had better sort this by Xmas or Daniel may have to send him down the road.

In previous seasons the team's form has dropped considerably when we were out of the title race. Hammered by Newcastle at the end of the season, out of the title race last January and this year out of the title race very early in the season. They just do not seem to be able to motivate themselves when the target has gone. Poch has been increasingly making inappropriate comments to the press and rumoured to be moody at the club to players. No wonder things are going wrong. Maybe as we are still in the CL performances may improve in that competition. However unless Poch is able to motivate the team then he must go.

Back
Top Bottom